ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 102 of 171
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112152 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:33 PM 02-05-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Were you guys aware this is a satire series?
Hmmm, not sure I actually gave it enough time. Maybe two episodes? Did you enjoy it? Do you think it is worth another look?

I am on season two of Imposters, truly enjoying it.
[Reply]
heapshake 11:23 PM 02-05-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Holy **** did it suck. I mean.....ooooof it was bad. My wife didn't finish the series. I did, only because it was so laughably bad i just had to see if it could get worse.

It did.

It's been a long time since i've seen a series so poorly written. Avoid this shit at all costs.

I'm only 3 or 4 episodes in but the "Take Your Daughter to Work Day" bit made me laugh. It isn't the funniest show, but I've enjoyed it so far.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:14 AM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Hmmm, not sure I actually gave it enough time. Maybe two episodes? Did you enjoy it? Do you think it is worth another look?

I am on season two of Imposters, truly enjoying it.

Yeah, it’s a satire of thriller movies/shows. Not serious. What was chalked up as bad writing was intentional tongue-in-cheek mockery of the genre.

I enjoyed it a lot.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:46 AM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by unlurking:
The "Star Trek" we deserved, but they had to make it campy to avoid getting sued.

Was recently wondering if any more Orville was forthcoming.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:20 AM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
just watched the entire series tonight :-)

it's like improv 'CLUE', and the character breaks remind me of 'Mrs. Brown's Boys'

really good :-)
Don' laugh now, . . . it's
Spoiler!
, . . . It's Dutch, . . . and French.

I THINK I'll have to refer to Marshawn as
Spoiler!
from now on.

:-) :-)

EDIT - Kumail - Oh my God, you shiarnted??
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:20 AM 02-06-2022
Getting ready to start Suburra : Blood on Rome on Netflix. Anybody seen it yet? 3 seasons.

[Reply]
KCUnited 10:28 AM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Getting ready to start Suburra : Blood on Rome on Netflix. Anybody seen it yet? 3 seasons.

I enjoyed the first season. Didn’t make it through the second but mostly due to other shows getting aired and just forgetting about it. Would definitely be willing to pick it back up at some point.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 11:48 AM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
that Resident Alien apparently has quite a little following.
I enjoyed the first season, the second season seems to be starting out a little bit uneven to me. There's a lot of loose ends to be tied up from the first season. Maybe it's going to take some time for the actors to get back into character because the interactions seem a bit 'off'.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:49 AM 02-06-2022
I watched In From the Cold. Ex Russian Spy made a life in America and gets recruited to help the CIA. I wanted to like it. I really REALLY did. I loved the Americans, the chick looked hot. Production value looked good. Hoooo boy was it dumb. It did a few things right, I enjoyed most of the action, the acting of the 90's Berlin stuff was fairly compelling. I didn't hate the performance of the CIA guy and the IT guy.

But I was all the way out during the
Spoiler!
in the first episode. Hung in there hoping it would come around. I was pretty into it when she went

Spoiler!

But then

Spoiler!

I'm sure they want that thing to make a second season. I'm probably out.
[Reply]
heapshake 12:45 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I watched In From the Cold. Ex Russian Spy made a life in America and gets recruited to help the CIA. I wanted to like it. I really REALLY did. I loved the Americans, the chick looked hot. Production value looked good. Hoooo boy was it dumb. It did a few things right, I enjoyed most of the action, the acting of the 90's Berlin stuff was fairly compelling. I didn't hate the performance of the CIA guy and the IT guy.
That's a shame. I almost started it last night but started Reacher instead. I thought it sounded like something I'd really enjoy.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:43 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by heapshake:
That's a shame. I almost started it last night but started Reacher instead. I thought it sounded like something I'd really enjoy.
Meh. Watch the first episode. Then read the first spoiler. If it doesn't bother you, fire away. It's possible I'm being overly critical.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 07:32 PM 02-06-2022
Excellent so far
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:54 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Excellent so far
Agreed, looking forward to upcoming episodes
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:32 AM 02-07-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Were you guys aware this is a satire series?
I read that after. I guess that makes it better, but now im just kinda mad at it because it wasn't funny enough nor obvious enough to be satire. The source content that it's making a parody of isn't even all that memorable for me to go, "OOOOH it's a parody of...". And on top of that it wasn't funny enough to go, "oh, this is clearly a comedy".
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:48 AM 02-07-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Don' laugh now, . . . it's
Spoiler!
, . . . It's Dutch, . . . and French.

I THINK I'll have to refer to Marshawn as
Spoiler!
from now on.

:-) :-)

EDIT - Kumail - Oh my God, you shiarnted??
I actually think Marshawn was the best guest they had. He was absolutely funny.
[Reply]
Page 102 of 171
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112152 > Last »
Up