ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 274 of 297
« First < 174224264270271272273274 275276277278284 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:20 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Your path to final four is wide open, dudes. Go out and get it.
Jeezus man. There’s no such thing as “wide open path” to a FF

Ask 2011 Kansas
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:41 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Jeezus man. There’s no such thing as “wide open path” to a FF

Ask 2011 Kansas
Without my hot take we don’t get that legendary gold star Hall of Classics worthy post from WilliamTheIrish.

This place is better when our quality Cats posters have an EMAW pot to piss in.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:59 PM 03-19-2023
You’re too kind. PB mentioned upthread a ways back that the 88 season ending loss (or win for you guys) in the Silverdome was a defining moment for both teams. It’s true. From Brown (greatest tactical guy I thought I’d ever see) to Roy (great teams, great recruiter, snakebit) to Self (great recruiter, best tactician and best player development coach) is just remarkable.

There were other factors but going from Altman to Asbury to Wooly… I mean what the fuck? Went 20 years before we won an NCAA tournament game. 08 vs USC.

How is that even possible? But it’s true.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:04 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
You’re too kind. PB mentioned upthread a ways back that the 88 season ending loss (or win for you guys) in the Silverdome was a defining moment for both teams. It’s true. From Brown (greatest tactical guy I thought I’d ever see) to Roy (great teams, great recruiter, snakebit) to Self (great recruiter, best tactician and best player development coach) is just remarkable.

There were other factors but going from Altman to Asbury to Wooly… I mean what the ****? Went 20 years before we won an NCAA tournament game. 08 vs USC.

Feels like the equivalent of the Elway loss at home for the Chiefs. I know some point to the Colts loss as being the turning point, but losing to the Donks at home (en route to them finally winning it all) effectively ended the Marty era and kept us without a playoff win for the next 17 years (and a home win for the next 20).

Hopefully Tang wakes up your AD to never settle for less on the bball court again. This is the most electric I have ever seen the Cats (08 and 10 come close, but Tang commands a respect that I’m not sure I saw in those years).
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:09 PM 03-19-2023

There were other factors but going from Altman to Asbury to Wooly… I mean what the fuck? Went 20 years before we won an NCAA tournament game. 08 vs USC.

Also said surrendering Ahearn was a massive mistake
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:15 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Also said surrendering Ahearn was a massive mistake
Yup.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:52 AM 03-20-2023
http://

Feeling Sweet 🗽#KStateMBB x #MarchMadness pic.twitter.com/gwlVlYodJN

— K-State Men's Basketball (@KStateMBB) March 20, 2023

[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:53 AM 03-20-2023
They love him. Truth be told, so do I.

“To The Apple”!
[Reply]
Old Dog 10:57 AM 03-20-2023
Open up as a 2 point underdog....I don't know that I understand it, but I like it.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:59 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Old Dog:
Open up as a 2 point underdog....I don't know that I understand it, but I like it.
They have IZZO. They knocked off a 2 seed. They play that hard nosed game that has served them pretty well to get through 64/32 through the years. They got hot at the right time.

It’s going to a tough game to win. Really tough.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:12 AM 03-20-2023
It's early, but I'm getting the feeling like this is our basketball version of Bill Snyder.

Couple this season's results - with a roster made up of castaways - with the recruits we having coming in (RJ, Macaleab, Dai Dai) and the inevitable TP guys we'll get... and the future is bright.

Now we just need to back up the Brinks truck.
[Reply]
ROYC75 02:46 PM 03-20-2023
Nice work kittens!

Carry that Kansas pride as far as you can. It's up to you & TX to carry that B12 reign at the top.

FTR, Tuck Fexas! 😉
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 02:49 PM 03-20-2023
http://

This is without a doubt the most classless, POS miserable excuse for a human being in all of college basketball. Why would you make the post game statement he made when you were behind for most of the game? Jerome Tang..🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕 pic.twitter.com/kCts2cYxoi

— Kenneth Griffin (@kgriffin044) March 19, 2023

[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 02:50 PM 03-20-2023
I never thought that ANY fan base could be worse than Western KS EMAW shirt tucking weirdos that constantly cry about any perceived slight.

Never, EVER say never.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:56 PM 03-20-2023
I never thought that ANY fan base could be worse than Western KS EMAW shirt tucking weirdos that constantly cry about any perceived slight.

Never, EVER say never.
Rupp Rafters will show you that no matter what other fans think & say, it can always be worse.
[Reply]
Page 274 of 297
« First < 174224264270271272273274 275276277278284 > Last »
Up