ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Old Kansas city commercial with the birds
Demonpenz 04:24 PM 03-19-2023
Trying to remember the commercial with the birds landing on the house the house collapsing. Home needing repairs caw!
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:53 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
For a hole in your roof or a whole new roof, . . [caw caw] Frederic Roofing.
There is no Caw Caw in that video stop confusing me
[Reply]
alpha_omega 01:20 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Disappointed. I was hoping to hear "that swinging red bridge exit".

[Reply]
Bob Dole 03:30 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
That dude went down---didnt pay GM for a bunch of cars, right?
He played different characters in other markets
[Reply]
EPodolak 03:41 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
S-M-A-K-S...I'd rather got to SMAKS!
First hamburger of my life was from there.
[Reply]
neech 04:53 PM 03-20-2023
Sounds like McDonalds ended the SMAKS franchise. The movie 'The Founder' with Michael Keaton about the McDonald's franchise showed how ruthless and shrewd he was back in the day. Keaton did a great job of acting in it BTW.

[Reply]
Lzen 12:27 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by neech:
:-)

Spoiler!
:-)
[Reply]
Lzen 12:35 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I've searched for "Blue Springs Blue Springs, you get a better deal when you got Blue Springs!" but can't find it.

Also:

Friday Fright Night - always brought to you by Adams Toyota Raytown!
That is fantastic!
I mean, it is kinda cheesy but boy that brings back memories. I remember the first time I stayed up past midnight watching Friday Fright night. It was a movie about giant ants.

I also remember Science Fiction theater.

Was KCTV also the one who did the monster movies at certain times of the year? Loved me some Godzilla.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:05 PM 03-21-2023
Yeah Godzilla week after school was must watch.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 01:43 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
That is fantastic!
I mean, it is kinda cheesy but boy that brings back memories. I remember the first time I stayed up past midnight watching Friday Fright night. It was a movie about giant ants.

I also remember Science Fiction theater.

Was KCTV also the one who did the monster movies at certain times of the year? Loved me some Godzilla.
Hell Yeah!! KCTV did an afternoon monster / horror movie, Godzilla week was must watch when I was a kid.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 01:59 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
...Was KCTV also the one who did the monster movies at certain times of the year? Loved me some Godzilla.
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Hell Yeah!! KCTV did an afternoon monster / horror movie, Godzilla week was must watch when I was a kid.
Monster week...3pm on channel 5. Good times!
I could be wrong, but I think it was KCMO Ch.5 back then (at some point it changed to KCTV, but not sure when).
[Reply]
KC_Lee 02:03 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Monster week...3pm on channel 5. Good times!
I could be wrong, but I think it was KCMO Ch.5 back then (at some point it changed to KCTV, but not sure when).
Nice memory, changed in 1983.

Originally Posted by :
Becoming KCTV
In 1982, Meredith announced it would sell the Kansas City radio stations to Richard Fairbanks, retaining the television station; it noted that the radio properties were not meeting its "growth objectives".[25] The separation of KCMO radio from KCMO-TV required one or the other to change its call sign upon completion of the sale.[26] Meredith found its new call letters for channel 5 in San Angelo, Texas, where KCTV had been on the air with that designation since 1957. KCMO-TV approached the Texas station, which agreed to seek new call letters, leaving KCTV open to be claimed in Kansas City; the Texas station was reimbursed for all of its expenses in changing over.[27][28] The KCTV in Texas became KLST in March 1983,[29] and KCMO-TV became KCTV on June 6, 1983, with the station launching a promotional campaign among advertisers and the public.[30][31]
Source; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KCTV
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up