ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 27
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Baltimore Ravens (Week 2)
TLO 05:28 PM 09-12-2021
Discuss
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:52 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
How many teams in the AFC are 'good' teams?

Chiefs
Bills
Browns

Ravens?
Titans?
Chargers?
Steelers?
Dolphins?

I mean a 'top 7 team' means they're better than the Dolphins and Raiders. So? Those aren't teams that scare me at all. The Steelers?

Who strikes you as a team that can win the Super Bowl with a couple of breaks? Chiefs, Bills, Browns...uh...maybe the Chargers if Herbert is legit? Can the Ravens do that as currently constructed? I don't think they can.

So I have a hard time calling that a 'good' team. I don't think they'll win the division so you're looking at 3 WC spots for them to fight for.

Are they clearly better at this point than Miami, New England, Pittsburgh, LAC or Oakland (who has a game on them now)? Can the Colts w/ Wentz find enough footing in a soft division to get one of those WC teams (or push TN into the WC chase?).

I don't think the playoffs are a given by any stretch.
There are playoff contenders (making the playoffs, maybe winning a game or two) and Super Bowl contenders.

Playoff contenders aren't necessarily good, IMO... any mediocre 9 or 10 win team can make the playoffs. Slightly above average in the NFL still kind of sucks.

Your top 3 are about it in the AFC and even then the Bills still have a lot to prove (as do the Browns in the playoffs, but to a lesser extent at the moment).
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:15 PM 09-14-2021
Ravens and Chiefs are the two worst Defenses after week 1 (Yards Allowed)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/...Yards/dir/desc
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:16 PM 09-14-2021
How many teams in the AFC are 'good' teams?

Chiefs
Bills
Browns

Ravens?
Titans?
Chargers?
Steelers?
Dolphins?

I mean a 'top 7 team' means they're better than the Dolphins and Raiders. So? Those aren't teams that scare me at all. The Steelers?

Who strikes you as a team that can win the Super Bowl with a couple of breaks? Chiefs, Bills, Browns...uh...maybe the Chargers if Herbert is legit? Can the Ravens do that as currently constructed? I don't think they can.

So I have a hard time calling that a 'good' team. I don't think they'll win the division so you're looking at 3 WC spots for them to fight for.

Are they clearly better at this point than Miami, New England, Pittsburgh, LAC or Oakland (who has a game on them now)? Can the Colts w/ Wentz find enough footing in a soft division to get one of those WC teams (or push TN into the WC chase?).

I don't think the playoffs are a given by any stretch.

You were impressed by the Bills?

I wasn't.

Fact is AFC is run by KC. No one is beating us unless we take too many injuries.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:36 PM 09-14-2021
Just make Lamar throw the ball....because he can't.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:36 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:

If only they could have played the Giants...

How many yards did the Chiefs give up on the desperation play before halftime? Subtract that play and see where they rank..

I just did...they would be 21st....it was a 45 yard garbage play.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 04:39 PM 09-14-2021
I have never seen a defensive line play as ineffectively as I saw our line play against NE in the AFCCG.

I don't think the entire line (yes, our boy Chris Jones included) recorded a stat apart from Ford's penalty. It was pathetic. It was bad enough that it made me wonder if I even cared if Jones came back.

I don't know what happened in that room that week, but the DL did not come to play at all. From the opening snap, they were lifeless and ineffectual. It was a complete failure across the board.
True. However, didn't Breeland Speaks have an INT in that game against Brady in the red zone? That's when you know things are fucked up.
[Reply]
JakeF 04:40 PM 09-14-2021
Why don't we throw the ball to the RBs anymore? Andy use to love running a RB wheel route a couple of times a game. We don't dump it off in the flat anymore, either. In fact, we don't throw the short stuff much at all. I can't remember last time we ran a WR screen.

I would think the short passing game would help us since defenses are dropping deep and pinning their ears back for the QB.

Hmmmm
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:32 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Why don't we throw the ball to the RBs anymore? Andy use to love running a RB wheel route a couple of times a game. We don't dump it off in the flat anymore, either. In fact, we don't throw the short stuff much at all. I can't remember last time we ran a WR screen.

I would think the short passing game would help us since defenses are dropping deep and pinning their ears back for the QB.

Hmmmm
Patrick doesn’t do check downs. He only goes for the jugular. Every. Single. Time.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:41 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
True. However, didn't Breeland Speaks have an INT in that game against Brady in the red zone? That's when you know things are ****ed up.
Ragland. Zero, zero clue why Bill didn't run the ball. That was a rare gift from Bill as he outsmarted himself for no reason there.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:41 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

I wasn't.

Fact is AFC is run by KC. No one is beating us unless we take too many injuries.
Kind of how I'm seeing it. Every other team in the AFC has serious flaws, either on their rosters or in their coaching staffs. Or both. The Chiefs, on the other hand, only have a couple unknowns. Will someone in the WR room step up or will Veach end up signing a vet WR at WR2? Will the rebuilt OL work out as hoped? Will certain players (like Hughes) stay healthy? Otherwise KC is stacked and ready to go.

However,

BUF still has issues in several spots on their roster: DL/DE, LB, RB. And has josh grown over the off-season? Doesn't look terribly promising after week 1.

BAL without a reliable running game looked awful yesterday. In particular, Lamar didn't look like he's improved at all since last season. They still can't generate a consistent pass rush with their down 4, and their secondary looked like swiss cheese vs. Carr.

Steelers looked bad. Ditto TEN. MIA wasn't impressive vs. a rebuilding NE with a rookie QB.

LAC might be a complete team, but at this moment there's still too many ?s about their coaching, and Herbert s still practically a rookie. And of course, can the team as a whole stay healthy.

Even CLE, whose roster looks pretty good, has obvious holes in their defense, and is Joe Wood a good enough DC. Then will OBJ actually integrate into the offense, or does he implode/get injured yet again? Finally, will Stefanski and Mayfield find that balance between them to take the next step? Right now, to me, they look like a solid playoff team, but still maybe another year removed from being a true contender. Still need a couple pieces to fill in that roster, imo. My take is that it will be at least another year or two before there's a serious competitor for KC in the AFC.

Conversely, the NFC looks like it's top heavy with complete teams. TB, LAR, SF, Cards, NOR, SEA, and probably the Packers will get themselves together next week and go on to easily win the NFC-N.

And never mind the coaching. Look at the HCs in the AFC vs. the NFC. It's not really a contest. You're looking at 5 HCs in the NFC that have coached in a SB, three of whom won a Ring. Our true competition is in the NFC, not the AFC.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:42 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

I wasn't.

I’d rank them like this:

1 Chiefs
2 Steelers - Browns
4 Chargers
5 Bills
6 Broncos - Raiders - Dolphins
9 Patriots
10 Ravens (they aren’t overcoming these injuries and they’ll have more)
11 Bengals
12 Titans - Colts - Texans
15 Jags
16 Jets
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:43 PM 09-14-2021
It's gonna be interesting if any young QB's who thrived last year will take a step back in road games this year.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:54 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:

Those passing yards are skewed due to the Non Punt by the Browns at the end of the half. Baker tossed a 3 yard pass that went for 65 yards.

That was bad clock management by Andy.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:06 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Those passing yards are skewed due to the Non Punt by the Browns at the end of the half. Baker tossed a 3 yard pass that went for 65 yards.

That was bad clock management by Andy.
In some ways our defensive stats will always be skewed because opposing teams are so scared shitless of Mahomes that they often go for it in 4th and short situations where teams would typically punt.

And sadly, it works for them way too often.
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:47 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
In some ways our defensive stats will always be skewed because opposing teams are so scared shitless of Mahomes that they often go for it in 4th and short situations where teams would typically punt.

And sadly, it works for them way too often.
:-)

With Frank back to set the edge, Badger back to make sure we are not falling for bootlegs repeatedly and Gay back to shore up defense on TE's- I am hopeful for an enormous improvement.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 27
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up