ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 240
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>The Afghanistan lesson
El Lobo Gordo 12:33 AM 08-13-2021
Afghanistan is showing us that secular humanist societies are doomed to fall because they do not orientate the members of that society toward something that is "good".

I am not saying that the Taliban are good. I am saying that religion motivates people toward a singular purpose while secular humanism invites eventual death and destruction. The more the free west abdanons it judeo/christian faith, the more likely it is to fall.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 03:46 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Ah we're back to god..of course.
God and religion orientate a population toward something above and beyond the individual that is "good". Secular humanism orientates individuals to do what is good for themselves.
[Reply]
Bwana 03:57 PM 08-13-2021
Dementia Boy better get his shit together fast and get people evacuated, because the Taliban is closing in fast. Old drools could very well be looking at a Saigon moment, if he ****s this up.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 04:02 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Dementia Boy better get his shit together fast and get people evacuated, because the Taliban is closing in fast. Old drools could very well be looking at a Saigon moment, if he ****s this up.
Shitshispants said it wasn't inevitable the taliban would take over the country. I'm sure he's all over it.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:05 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
God and religion orientate a population toward something above and beyond the individual that is "good". Secular humanism orientates individuals to do what is good for themselves.
Then we must be the most anti-god nation there is because Americans are massively selfish.
[Reply]
eDave 04:09 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
:-)when did that take place exactly?
It's projection. I am never not amazed at the lack of compassion and empathy conservatives have.
[Reply]
Shields68 04:21 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Take the biased spin out.

If there was a lesson, it is we should not spend trillions on a war we have no interest in winning, fighting over a rock populated with 4th century subhumans. Best to arm both sides and stay home.

We have not learned that lesson since Korea
Just don't arm them too well. Maybe to the degree of a typical Chicago gang.
[Reply]
ghak99 04:32 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I was starting to think I was the only one wondering what in the fuck they are doing. At the rate things were moving something ugly was looking likely to happen.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 04:41 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
There was no way to end this war well, might as well just end it.

Thanks bushman.
But no mention of Obama, amirite??

Patriot Act too.....

Wake up sir.....both parties are part of the war machine.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 04:48 PM 08-13-2021
Are the poppy fields still protected?
[Reply]
Fish 04:51 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
My stance is secular humanism is leading humanity down the road to extinction. My reason for believing that is members of secular populations are failing to reproduce in sufficient numbers to sustain their populations. The math doesn't lie. Afghanistan shows me members of secular institutions won't do what it takes to insure the survival of the secular institution....they'll let it die rather than make the sacrifice.

If the world is going to hell its because people no longer fear God and not because of unfettered breeding. I never made a claim like that....that unfettered breeding is causing the world to go to hell. I don't even know where you got that from.
Somehow this makes even less sense than the first time you posted it. Afghanistan is in no way a secular institution. At all. Your original premise is just whacky, and using Afghanistan as an example takes it way off the rails...
[Reply]
Otter 05:00 PM 08-13-2021
Going into the middle east was a bad idea? Who would have guessed.

Nuke that place or GTFO already.
[Reply]
sully1983 05:24 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
We should have left 15-17 years ago instead of wasting trillions and sacrificing lives.
We should have never been there in the 1st place imo.

Afghanistan is one of the numerous Islamic shitholes in the Middle East that is still stuck in the Stone Age and they worship a pedophile that goes by the name of Muhammad. They aren't worth dealing with.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 05:32 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
Going into the middle east was a bad idea? Who would have guessed.

Nuke that place or GTFO already.
After 9-11 we had to go in there imo. Maybe the plan should have been to just kill Taliban after Taliban until they gave up Bin Laden then leave.
[Reply]
sully1983 05:34 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Then we must be the most anti-god nation there is because Americans are massively selfish.
I wouldn't lump all Americans together. Liberal Democrat Americans are definitely guilty of being "massively selfish" and lazy free loaders that like to spend other peoples' hard earned money but by all accounts conservative Republicans (that identify as Christians) donate a ton to various charities every year. Way more than liberals that is for sure. .

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-lef...ty-11549228822
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 05:43 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
I wouldn't lump all Americans together. Liberal Democrat Americans are definitely guilty of being "massively selfish" and lazy free loaders that like to spend other peoples' hard earned money but by all accounts conservative Republicans (that identify as Christians) donate a ton to various charities every year. Way more than liberals that is for sure. .

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-lef...ty-11549228822
Religious people give more to charity than secular people. Giving to charity is mandated by God but if you are a secular humanist, its optional.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 240
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Up