ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 240
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>The Afghanistan lesson
El Lobo Gordo 12:33 AM 08-13-2021
Afghanistan is showing us that secular humanist societies are doomed to fall because they do not orientate the members of that society toward something that is "good".

I am not saying that the Taliban are good. I am saying that religion motivates people toward a singular purpose while secular humanism invites eventual death and destruction. The more the free west abdanons it judeo/christian faith, the more likely it is to fall.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:36 AM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Afghanistan is showing us that secular humanist societies are doomed to fall because they do not orientate the members of that society toward something that is "good".

I am not saying that the Taliban are good. I am saying that religion motivates people toward a singular purpose while secular humanism invites eventual death and destruction. The more the free west abdanons it judeo/christian faith, the more likely it is to fall.
The most religious countries on Earth are mostly shitholes. Afghanistan is a perfect example. Without restraint from the USA (and the USSR), that country would be a smoldering crater. Our mercy saved them, not their religion.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:13 AM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
It's actually into the trillions. $2.261 trillion What an absolute disaster.
Good god. :-)
[Reply]
vailpass 10:28 AM 08-13-2021
Where empires go to die. But I honor every single one of our troops who served and mourn for those who didn’t come back.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 10:38 AM 08-13-2021
There was no way to end this war well, might as well just end it.

Thanks bushman.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 10:40 AM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
There is more historical evidence for Jesus than Julia Caesar. Nowadays, no significant historician doubts the existence of Jesus of Nazareth:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...lived-and-died

I would point out that the Guardian is hardly a Christian publication.

For further discussions of the evidence of the historical Jesus, I would research the irks of Gary Habermas and Lee Strobel.

Gary Habermasí website is here:

https://www.garyhabermas.com/

He points out that mos historians agree today that:

Jesus of Nazareth existed
He was crucified
His tomb was indeed later found to be empty
His early disciples were steadfast in maintaining his resurrection even in the face of certain death from Roman authorities
There are verified accounts of several hundred people who all claim to haVe seen a resurrecTed Jesus, accounts that cannot be explained through mass hypnosis or mass hallucination
1. Arguing that Jesus was a real person who existed is not the same as arguing he was a magical / holy
2. Looks like the 'evidence' cited is largely just writings of christians, decades later. Not exactly strong stuff, but really who cares.
3. Religion is pretend.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 10:41 AM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Looks like the Taliban is on the verge of taking the whole country back. Reports are within 30 days they will have taken Kabul. 20 years, billions of dollars and countless lives lost for absolutely nothing.

Disgusting.
Even though the Taliban are out manned, out trained, and out gunned they rolling over Afghan military. Why?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08-13-2021, 10:43 AM
This message has been deleted by Hammock Parties.
El Lobo Gordo 10:44 AM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
The Afgan people should be ashamed.

This is what they get for not standing up.
This is happening to us right now. Were sitting back letting the left drag us down into totalitarianism.
[Reply]
Fish 10:46 AM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by GayFrogs:
I'm not claiming to not be retarded...but is OP saying that afghanistan is a secular humanist country?
No kidding. I'm not sure OP thought this one through....

Afghanistan just needs more religion for social stability? LOLWUT?
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 10:48 AM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
No kidding. I'm not sure OP thought this one through....

Afghanistan just needs more religion for social stability? LOLWUT?
You have the Taliban, which is an organization centered on religion, destroying the Afghan government, an organization not centered on religion.
[Reply]
Fish 10:52 AM 08-13-2021
You have the Taliban, which is an organization centered on religion, destroying the Afghan government, an organization not centered on religion.
Islam is the established state religion. They can legally punish citizens for insulting Islam. What the fuck are you actually talking about?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:08 AM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
There was no way to end this war well, might as well just end it.

Thanks bushman.

Why he hasnít been sent to The Hague for war crimes trial is beyond me
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 11:11 AM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Islam is the established state religion. They can legally punish citizens for insulting Islam. What the **** are you actually talking about?
The citizens of the country are overwhelmingly Muslim so these laws and mandates are put in place to appeal to sensibilities of its citizens. That doesn't mean the government is religious centered.

The Taliban are curb stomping the Afghan government because religion unites the Taliban to accomplish something......overthrow the secular democracy and replace it with theocracy.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:20 AM 08-13-2021
The citizens of the country are overwhelmingly Muslim so these laws and mandates are put in place to appeal to sensibilities of its citizens. That doesn't mean the government is religious centered.

The Taliban are curb stomping the Afghan government because religion unites the Taliban to accomplish something......overthrow the secular democracy and replace it with theocracy.
A few nukes would put an immediate end to the Taliban's little uprising. Luckily for them, the secular nations have shown mercy to their stupid religious asses.
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 11:28 AM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Where empires go to die. But I honor every single one of our troops who served and mourn for those who didnít come back.
The catchphrase of the week!

I believe I read somewhere they we pushed the Taliban out of 95% of the country while we there. Victory achieved from a military perspective. Politically, we never planned to win and, in my opinion, this whole exercise past 2008 was an effort to create value for that whole military industrial complex thing. I could be wrong, but this is what my brain tells me that makes the most sense of why the dominoes are falling the way they are now.
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 11:29 AM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
A few nukes would put an immediate end to the Taliban's little uprising. Luckily for them, the secular nations have shown mercy to their stupid religious asses.
War monger. I love the idea!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 240
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Up