ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 73
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Growing list of vaccine mandates
RodeoPants2 02:33 PM 08-11-2021
The list of vaccine mandates are growing, which is outstanding. Vaccines are the way we beat this bug, and I love that there is a growing list companies requiring the vax for their customers, and companies & government are requiring the vax for their employees.

I'm sure this is a partial list, so far the vax is mandated for:
Employees at: Disney, walmart, facebook, google, spirit airlines, united airlines, cicso, doordash

For teachers in CA (fuck the teacher's unions who opposed this)

State workers in OR, WA

All members of the armed forces.

There are also numerous businesses (including several cruise lines) requiring their customers & staff be vaccinated, and you can actually search in Yelp specifically for that.

Bring 'em on. As the delta variant rises, we beat this bug with vaccines. Selfish idiots not willing to do their part can stay home.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 03:48 PM 09-09-2021
Wonder how the Tuskegee study participants and / or their family members feel right now?
[Reply]
Mennonite 03:51 PM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Wonder how the Tuskegee study participants and / or their family members feel right now?

Fine. Other than an odd burning sensation when they pee.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:57 PM 09-09-2021
Biden didn't run on vaccine mandates.

It's because he knew this shit would not be popular.

He's teetering at 40 percent approval and you think this old snake is going to take on half the country?!

The dumbasses who think Uncle Joe and Raggedy Ann have it in them are about to find out some shit.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:00 PM 09-09-2021
Where are all the leftists claiming that this is an evil totalitarian maneuver, after they made such claim about Trump when he made much less oppressive moves?

Why are they not joining the right no this? Why are they not taking to the streets?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:05 PM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Where are all the leftists claiming that this is an evil totalitarian maneuver, after they made such claim about Trump when he made much less oppressive moves?

Why are they not joining the right no this? Why are they not taking to the streets?
Many of what's left of the left are.

You can even see people like Greenwald who bought into the Covid still angry at the solutions proposed.

Biden followers are just New Authoritarians.

The Cult of Covid had given them something to play with since they don't have anything else meaningful in their lives.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 04:08 PM 09-09-2021
What's unclear is if this applies to all businesses or only business with Federal contracts. Either way I guess my body my choice no longer applies.
It looks as if it offers an explicit choice—the workers can instead get a Covid test weekly.
[Reply]
Spott 04:13 PM 09-09-2021
Good point. This would be a change in a signed contract. But I but a few folks get paid off and this gets swept under the rug.
Our union told us previously that it had to be bargained for and could only be imposed on the non-represented employees. Our contract is up next year and the company is already trying to ask for it in contract negotiations. Not sure if Biden is really smart enough to have thought this out.
[Reply]
Hamwallet 04:16 PM 09-09-2021
I am eager to see how governor DeSantis responds to this. No way in hell this BS holds up.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:16 PM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
Our union told us previously that it had to be bargained for and could only be imposed on the non-represented employees. Our contract is up next year and the company is already trying to ask for it in contract negotiations. Not sure if Biden is really smart enough to have thought this out.
Biden and smart never go together in the same sentence unless they are separated but the words isn't or is not.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 04:17 PM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
It looks as if it offers an explicit choice—the workers can instead get a Covid test weekly.
So they get to pay to work somewhere. Good to know.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 04:19 PM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by Hamwallet:
I am eager to see how governor DeSantis responds to this. No way in hell this BS holds up.
I expect at least one Governor to issue an order prohibiting enforcement within its borders. DeSantis seems a pretty likely candidate for first in line.
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:19 PM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
The testing part seems silly. By the time a positive came back they’d have spread virus all over the place for a week, and may not even be contagious anymore. If you were testing people every day and could get the results back the same day it would at least work in theory. As it stands it’s dumb, and seems like a fig leaf so they can say they gave people a “choice”.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:19 PM 09-09-2021
Whopping 70 percent of unvaccinated Americans would quit their job if vaccines are mandated

When asked what they would do if they weren’t given an exemption to opt out of the requirement, 18 percent of those surveyed said they would comply and 72 percent said they would quit.

https://thehill.com/changing-america...ated-americans
[Reply]
Spott 04:19 PM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Biden and smart never go together in the same sentence unless they are separated but the words isn't or is not.
Yeah, I should have known better than to even speculate that he has half a brain.
[Reply]
Spott 04:22 PM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
The testing part seems silly. By the time a positive came back they’d have spread virus all over the place for a week, and may not even be contagious anymore. If you were testing people every day and could get the results back the same day it would at least work in theory. As it stands it’s dumb, and seems like a fog leaf so they can say they gave people a “choice”.
And the testing is probably going to have to be paid for by the employer, which they will want no part of. The logistics of having 100 million people trying to get tested every week would be a total nightmare, too.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 73
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Up