ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 192
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136186 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
BossChief 02:02 AM 04-27-2021
Has it been confirmed that we can franchise Brown next offseason?

SF couldn’t franchise Trent this offseason as part of the trade last year.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:03 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Has it been confirmed that we can franchise Brown next offseason?

SF couldn’t franchise Trent this offseason as part of the trade last year.
Why couldn’t we franchise Brown?
[Reply]
BossChief 02:05 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Why couldn’t we franchise Brown?
Read my post again
[Reply]
alanm 02:32 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by Jerm:
One of the best parts of this for me is seeing the national media have to choke on it....and yes I am that petty.

Brandt’s butthurt rant this morning had me rolling, I wonder if Cowherd said anything...I doubt it.
It was more incredulous than butt hurt. He was shocked Baltimore traded OBJ to KC and fixed the Chiefs main problem. :-)
[Reply]
kccrow 02:39 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Idk how he could suck ass on the bench but yet be this strong
Longer arms make it harder to bench for reps. It's not a strength issue, it's the physics of levers working against the individual. The added length requires more force to extend the weight away from the body through the rotation of the elbow then shoulder to reach lockout and count the rep.
[Reply]
alanm 03:03 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
I know that OBJ isn’t the greatest run blocker, but ..... I think CEH will be a real beneficiary of this new line. Thuney and Blythe in the interior will do better than we’ve had and should open up some holes for him to run. This line should also give time and room for more screens this year than last and CEH will be a primary beneficiary of those passes.

Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed. I’m not reading through 80 some pages to see if this particular post has been made.
Just for a FYI you can go change how many posts per page under User CP and Edit Options and fix that. Just thought I'd mention it. :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:55 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
While this move may work out better in the long terms for the Chiefs, there is absolutely NO DOUBT that the Chiefs wanted Trent Williams AND their full compliment of picks in 2021.
While this may very well be true, who knows? Entering free agency, they knew OBJ had requested a trade, but they had no idea whether Baltimore would actually move him at all and definitely had to massively discount the probability of their trading him to the Chiefs.

So, they went hard after the concrete possibility of Williams than the hazy one of OBJ. Only when Williams signed with SF did they probably pivot to OBJ and then basically play a staring game with Baltimore as we approached the draft.

Baltimore blinked and we're really lucky for it.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:16 AM 04-27-2021
GloryDayz is content with this development...
[Reply]
royr17 04:32 AM 04-27-2021
I'm hoping he turned out to be as good as Willie "Big Nasty" Roaf was when we got him. I have a great feeling about the offensive line this year special with brown and possibly Niang starting. Don't be too surprised if kyle long don't start over the doctor. This could possibly be a top five offensive line
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:48 AM 04-27-2021
For those who missed the press conference, this Mellinger column is a good recap of why he was adamant about playing LT:

Originally Posted by :
You probably know that Brown’s father played nine seasons at right tackle for the Browns and Ravens. You might not know that Brown Sr. had STRONG feelings about the difference between right tackles and left.

“There’s countless stories I could tell,” Brown Jr. said.

One is that Brown Jr. had to beg his father just to play football, and that when dad finally let him play at 12 or 13 it was only on the promise that he would be a left tackle and play “for 10 years plus, and be a Hall of Famer.”

Brown Jr. was set to start at guard as a high school freshman until his father told the coaches that unless they moved him to left tackle they had to play him on defense. Brown Jr. played defensive tackle that year.

Once Brown Jr. started playing, he watched tapes of all the greats — Anthony Munoz, Tony Boselli, Bryant McKinney, and others.

He watched his dad’s tape, but not because he was asked.

“Watch Jonathan Ogden, don’t watch me,” Brown Jr. remembered his father saying.

This is interesting. Without hearing the backstory, it’s easy to assume Brown Jr. simply wants the spotlight of the line’s featured position, or the higher salary.

As it turns out, that’s not the case. Brown Jr. is thinking about his father, who died 10 years ago.

“It’s an opportunity to live out my dream, and my father’s dream that he had for me,” Brown Jr. said.

[Reply]
Skyy God 05:33 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
For those who missed the press conference, this Mellinger column is a good recap of why he was adamant about playing LT:
I hope he makes the Pro Bowl, Jeff Triplette cones out of retirement for the game, and OBJ accidentally pancakes him.

Fuck that guy in the eye with a flag.
[Reply]
In58men 05:49 AM 04-27-2021

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:58 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Chiefs were never going to sit at 31 and wait. Thats not Veach or Andy's style.

With that in mind, this was an easy deal to make.
Precisely.

They were going to make a trade. Trading for Brown is a lot more cost effective, with a much higher instant return, than trading up in the draft.

This was the best possible move to make.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:03 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They liked Teven Jenkins but he is not going to be there and it would be more expensive to get him
Plus Jenkins has many of the same criticisms that Brown has. "He's an NFL right tackle" etc.

The only difference is that Jenkins has never played a down in the NFL and Brown has been to two straight pro bowls.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:10 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Precisely.

They were going to make a trade. Trading for Brown is a lot more cost effective, with a much higher instant return, than trading up in the draft.

This was the best possible move to make.
I'm really curious about the second best offer the Ravens received. How much worse did it have to be for them to basically give Superman the serum for beating kryptonite?
[Reply]
Page 86 of 192
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136186 > Last »
Up