ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 192
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
tredadda 08:22 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
We need a bigger WR threat, we have enough of these little gadget guys, but I'd like to see them get a solid #3 recieving threat out of this draft. Someone who has more size than speed that doesn't mind getting the ball up high and taking a hit.
We need a TE #2. This offense is so heavily dependent on Kelce that if he were to go down for any length of time we would be in a lot of trouble. In spite of how good Hill and others are, when Mahomes absolutely needs yards or a play he goes to his TE.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:29 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
No more draft for us.

I hope Orlando Brown is worth that much.
We have 2 pro bowlers protecting Mahomes blindside now. You need to look at this pic some more. Then tell me we paid too much.
Attached: 2A5D554F-768C-47B8-80C0-7ED400C103CF.jpeg (117.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:31 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We have 2 pro bowlers protecting Mahomes blindside now. You need to look at this pic some more. Then tell me we paid too much.
It’s Jake F. The F stands for fucking blind to the steal veach just made.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:31 AM 04-24-2021
I can't really see how this is a bad move at all. KC clearly needs to protect #15 and had nothing at the time. The SB showed you couldn't just plug and play anyone there. They have to look at the draft and see who could step in day 1 and start. Also they had to look at who at this moment has the reasonable potential to be as good as or better than Brown and if any of those players would be available at #31. Most likely they decided not, so they decided to "draft" with pick #31 Brown, who is already proven. Regardless of how everything plays out, this is a home run move by Veach.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:32 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
:-)

Who in the hell is this nut?!? That was outstanding! :-)
[Reply]
tredadda 08:34 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
:-)

Who in the hell is this nut?!? That was outstanding! :-)
He's a goofball Broncos homer, but he knows his stuff and actually does put out good videos and even praises KC (although I think that really grinds at him doing it).
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:39 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Not an expert on the deal but I don't know that there is alot of "downside" per se.

They have Stanley at LT, who is All-Pro calibur. He got hurt, so they kicked Brown from RT to LT to cover for him last year.

Now Brown doesn't want to go back to RT. They aren't moving Stanley out of that LT spot to keep Brown there, certainly. Stanley is even better than Brown.

I'd say, if there is any downside, it's that Brown is probably a little big, a little slower footed, than what what Reid typically likes. It would do him well to drop about 15 pounds IMO. Other than that, I'm not sure there is much not to like.

I think, for Baltimore, it's getting some pretty great value for a guy they took in the later 3rd round and who doesn't want to play RT for them anymore.

I don't think Baltimore really got "fleeced" by us. You pick of a 1st, 3rd, and 4th for a 3rd round pick player and 2nd, you did okay in flipping draft resources. Would they have preferred that Brown went back to RT with no quarrels? No doubt about it. They would have had the best bookends in the NFL, bar none.
Thank you. It is just weird for me to see a team trade a really good young player but hey that is good for us. :-)
[Reply]
tredadda 08:44 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Thank you. It is just weird for me to see a team trade a really good young player but hey that is good for us. :-)
The fact that he didn't want to play RT and this is a deep LT draft helped us significantly in not only getting him, but getting him from a potential rival for far cheaper than we might have in other years.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:46 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Evidently, the Ravens and their local media think they fleeced the Chiefs according to 610. :-)
Not on their forum...
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:17 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Crazy to think this all happened because of injuries to Stanley and Fisher.

Not sure we’re in this boat today if either one of those injuries doesn’t happen.

The Super Bowl (like the 2019 AFCCG) may be for the best in the long run.
If Fisher doesn't get injured, then KC wins the SB and is in a damn good spot with the Oline still.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:21 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
The fact that he didn't want to play RT and this is a deep LT draft helped us significantly in not only getting him, but getting him from a potential rival for far cheaper than we might have in other years.
That’s the thing. This isn’t a deep LT draft. It’s a deep OT draft but a lot of them don’t fit the requirements that Reid looks for in his LT. That’s why they traded for Brown.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:22 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Keep ****ing doubting Brian Prigle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good advice. I will
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:24 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
A dumbass from PFF was on with Petro and basically said the Ravens won the trade because they value the "unknown quantity" of the draft capital-over a "proven commodity" in Brown. :-)

No matter what Soren asked him- he would just go back to "well the analysis says that the value is just not there" the guy was a robot.

PFF is worthless.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 09:26 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Not an expert on the deal but I don't know that there is alot of "downside" per se.

They have Stanley at LT, who is All-Pro calibur. He got hurt, so they kicked Brown from RT to LT to cover for him last year.

Now Brown doesn't want to go back to RT. They aren't moving Stanley out of that LT spot to keep Brown there, certainly. Stanley is even better than Brown.

I'd say, if there is any downside, it's that Brown is probably a little big, a little slower footed, than what what Reid typically likes. It would do him well to drop about 15 pounds IMO. Other than that, I'm not sure there is much not to like.

I think, for Baltimore, it's getting some pretty great value for a guy they took in the later 3rd round and who doesn't want to play RT for them anymore.

I don't think Baltimore really got "fleeced" by us. You pick of a 1st, 3rd, and 4th for a 3rd round pick player and 2nd, you did okay in flipping draft resources. Would they have preferred that Brown went back to RT with no quarrels? No doubt about it. They would have had the best bookends in the NFL, bar none.
I dont think the ravens got fleeced either. I think it was actually a fair deal for both teams. BUT, if they let him walk after next season they most likely getba 3rd round comp pick for him and got his services for another year. What they got from us was the equivalent of the 45th pick in terms of value. So they went from approx pick 100 in next years draft to the 45th pick in this draft by trading him now. Thats not great value for a player who's shown he can play lt at a high level. And browns draft spot 3 years ago is irrelevant at this stage in the game.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:27 AM 04-24-2021
No one in that draft is as good as Brown is....RIGHT NOW.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 192
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Up