ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 192
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
staylor26 03:46 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Can I piss on everyone’s parade for a second?

That trade kind of sucks balls, to be honest. We gave up too much.

“Left tackles don’t grow on trees lol!”

Neither does money or draft picks
This is a really bad take man.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:46 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Man, what was your first choice? This choice was pretty damn awesome.
My first choice was to stay put and see what falls at LT, especially in the 2nd round. I was against trading up or trading away picks in general.

To be honest though, I never considered that we might get Brown AND a 2nd round pick in this draft for our 1st, 3rd, and 4th.

The 2nd round, in this year's draft, is like the honey pot. We got Brown to shore up LT and now we have TWO 2nd rounders to dig into really deep DE, WR, and CB classes.

Veach completely outplayed my expectations.
[Reply]
rockymtnchief 03:46 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Brett Reach is so bad at this. :-)
We all remember your opinion on the trade to get Mahomes. Now we see you're still an idiot.:-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:46 PM 04-23-2021

:-)
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 03:46 PM 04-23-2021
We are going to be able to absolutely bulldoze teams off the LOS now with Thuney and OBJ leading the way.

Clyde should be able to feast now which will open things up even more for the passing attack.

This move is a HUGE win for the offense.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:47 PM 04-23-2021

No we didn't.

The first rounder for Brown is fair value - maybe more than fair. Do you have any idea how hard it is to trade for a 25-year old stud in NFL? Let alone a LT?

It sucks to give up the 3rd and 4th rounder, but we got a 2nd back. In essence, we traded up into the 2nd.

The rest of the picks are a wash. That's offal. Those picks mean nothing, because likely those players won't make it in the NFL anyway.

We straight up GANG RAPED Baltimore's front office.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 03:47 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
:-)
Ignore the dipshits.

The Kansas City Chiefs got ALOT better today.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:50 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Gotta try to win now while Kelce and Hill are at this level. Otherwise, what the hell is the point of any of this?
He's 24 fucking years old! He could man LT for 10 YEARS.

Fuck the #31 and #94, and #136 picks!

2nd most important spot on the offense. DONE.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 03:50 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
No we didn't.

The first rounder for Brown is fair value - maybe more than fair. Do you have any idea how hard it is to trade for a 25-year old stud in NFL? Let alone a LT?

It sucks to give up the 3rd and 4th rounder, but we got a 2nd back. In essence, we traded up into the 2nd.

The rest of the picks are a wash. That's offal. Those picks mean nothing, because likely those players won't make it in the NFL anyway.

Onboard with Clay on this one.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:51 PM 04-23-2021
You should see my erection!!!

This is fantastic.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:51 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Ignore the dipshits.

The Kansas City Chiefs got ALOT better today.
SNR isn’t a dipshit.

It’s just a bad take.
[Reply]
-King- 03:51 PM 04-23-2021

We basically traded a first for him and then traded our 3rd and 4th rounders for a 2nd round pick. That's an amazing trade for us.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:51 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
No we didn't.

Best post you’ve had in years.

Alpha dog let’s eat!!!!
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:52 PM 04-23-2021

Maybe this will help.

Many people here wanted to trade up to around pick 20 to get a left tackle. Let's just say for this exercise, that was Teven Jenkins.

Teven Jenkins played both left and right tackle in college. Several scouts considered him a "booth" tackle, meaning he didn't necessarily operate in space as well and some even though he'd eventually be a guard.

To get Teven Jenkins, you were probably looking at giving up 31 and a 3rd rounder to get to #20.

The knock on Brown, if there is one, is that he's more of a run blocker than pass blocker, not dissimilar at all to Jenkins.

However:

1. He's only 1 year older than Jenkins despite starting 42 games in the NFL.

2. He started 11 games at LEFT tackle last year and gave up zero sacks.

3. He's made 2 Pro Bowls in 3 years.

The bottom line is this:

At 31, we were likely to get an OT like Jenkins, probably by trading up. If we waited to 63, we were likely getting a developmental LT that would be sitting on the bench in September.

Instead, we got a 24-year old instant starter with 3 years of experience, playing at a high level AND we got an additional 2nd round pick out of the deal.

This deal is FAR FAR better than anything we could have done in the draft solely because of that 2nd round pick.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:52 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
We basically traded a first for him and then traded our 3rd and 4th rounders for a 2nd round pick. That's an amazing trade for us.
King with the rare good take. :-)
[Reply]
Page 34 of 192
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Up