ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 192
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
ModSocks 01:57 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Brown-Thuney-Blythe-Long-Niang.

Bet on it.
If Long is healthy, hungry and returned to form i just can't see them going with a 1st year starter.

I think the Chiefs are going to lean towards the experienced vet with a nasty mean streak.

I really think the Chiefs wanted more attitude on that OL and Long gives that.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:57 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah I admitted I was wrong.

At least I wasn't saying he wasn't a fit for us and our scheme and calling people dumb over it. Can you imagine that?
I don’t recall ever calling somebody “dumb” for that, but yea I like many other didn’t see the scheme fit. The Chiefs have clearly changed their philosophy there because Brown is the exact opposite of the prototypical athletic LT Reid has always preferred.

Also, I said that very early in the offseason. Since then, I’ve opened up to the possibility that the Chiefs had a change in philosophy. I argued as much with htismaqe if you think I’m full of shit.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:57 PM 04-23-2021
When does LDT get removed from the books? Fisher, LDT, and Schwartz were all soaking up cap.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:57 PM 04-23-2021
So if you look at the OTs that were thought to make it to 31..they all have short arms. Reid has a history of not liking short arm tackles.

Probably a big reason for this pursuit.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:58 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's fucking dirt cheap for an All Pro left tackle and it's way cheaper than the $30+ million they were prepared to pay Trent Williams.
Plus he’s much younger than Williams. Hard to be upset at all with this given the entire trade package.

This was the best scenario, and I didn’t think it was possible.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:58 PM 04-23-2021
Eric Eager can suck my dick
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:58 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
If Long is healthy, hungry and returned to form i just can't see them going with a 1st year starter.

I think the Chiefs are going to lean towards the experienced vet with a nasty mean streak.

I really think the Chiefs wanted more attitude on that OL and Long gives that.
If it's a problem with Niang, they'll slide Remmers into RT and keep Long at RG, IMO
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:58 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I love this, but i am nervous about no extension. Talk me down please.
Best case scenario for the Chiefs is he wrecks shit and we reset the market for LT. Whatevs.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:59 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah I admitted I was wrong.

At least I wasn't saying he wasn't a fit for us and our scheme and calling people dumb over it. Can you imagine that?
I don't think I called anyone dumb, but I certainly didn't think this would happen.

And he is NOT the typical Andy Reid LT, although we can see now that there is perhaps a transition underway that began before last year in which we saw some more physical players being looked at as opposed to the typical undersized/athletic Reid style guys of the past. Osemele, Alegretti types.

so it would appear that the 'type' is changing.

I mostly just didn't think The Ravens would trade him to KC, seeing as how we're their kryptonite. I would've thought they'd trade him anywhere but here.

But there you go. Veach is a gansta.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:59 PM 04-23-2021
They have a TON of time for an extension.
[Reply]
TEX 01:59 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
As soon as I saw the notification for this, I assumed it was a Frank Clark type trade. Very reasonable compensation all things considered.
Exactly! I had my hand covering one eye as I read about it... Then I saw it was VERY reasonable and shouted,"HELL YEA!"
[Reply]
kcclone 01:59 PM 04-23-2021
2nd happiest man in Kansas City today (after Mahomes) is CEH.

That dude is going to get his shot to show what he can do with this OL, assuming we stay healthy.
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:59 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
When does LDT get removed from the books? Fisher, LDT, and Schwartz were all soaking up cap.
He's an UFA at the end of this season, I believe
[Reply]
BTAU 02:00 PM 04-23-2021
The Franchise Tag amount will likely be less (on average) than the new deal he would've signed. Current tag for OL is $14.5M. He was asking for $20M if memory serves correctly.
[Reply]
TEX 02:00 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't think I called anyone dumb, but I certainly didn't think this would happen.

And he is NOT the typical Andy Reid LT, although we can see now that there is perhaps a transition underway that began before last year in which we saw some more physical players being looked at as opposed to the typical undersized/athletic Reid style guys of the past. Osemele, Alegretti types.

so it would appear that the 'type' is changing.

I mostly just didn't think The Ravens would trade him to KC, seeing as how we're their kryptonite. I would've thought they'd trade him anywhere but here.

But there you go. Veach is a gansta.
B Gangsta V!
[Reply]
Page 14 of 192
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up