ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 130 of 192
« First < 3080120126127128129130 131132133134140180 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
staylor26 08:49 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Is that worth $23 million+ AAV?
No, and if this continues, that won’t even be what it takes.
[Reply]
-King- 08:52 PM 09-13-2021
On the bright side.... ravens offensive line, especially the player they got to replace Orlando look really really horrible.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:01 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s hilarious that you think Fisher wouldn’t also struggle in similar fashion against the best of the best when we saw it happen all the time.

I mean, did you even watch the fucking SB?

Any time we played Harrison?
Yes, and I'm saying quite truly that I didn't see any marginal difference between Remmers getting destroyed and Brown getting destroyed. The unfortunate thing for Remmers is that the other 4 guys to his right also sucked complete cock. Had everyone on the line played like Brown, it would have been an equal disaster.

As for going back again to Fisher, yes his biggest weakness was against truly elite power. Harrison owned his shit every single time. Not every power guy owned his shit every single time or every single play except Harrison, really. Fisher had good games against Bosa, good games against Watt, and so on. Honestly, Harrison may have been a head game thing for him. He never struggled more than against that guy.

Back to Brown vs. Garrett. Garrett's most elite trait is his explosive power. He has an outstanding Vert and bench for a guy with his measurements. He's not some burner out there that posted Oweh-like speed or something. That makes his matchup against Bud Dupree that much more worrisome given Bud is near identical from a traits/size perspective. Hell, it makes it worrisome pretty well universally. If he can't get to guys that run a 1.63 10-yard split, he's going to struggle against virtually every single DE he faces.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:02 PM 09-13-2021
I was talking about the 2020 SB. Fisher vs. Bosa.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:17 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I was talking about the 2020 SB. Fisher vs. Bosa.
Gotchya, yeah not a good game for Fish in that one at all. Nick Bosa is the real deal. Hoping to see the guy back in form after that ACL last year. He has a chance to be an all-time great.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:40 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Excuses for Brown's performance:

1. It's game 1, relax.

It sure is, and it looked really ****ing bad for him. The only thing to hang your hat on here is that games 2-17 don't look the same. It's the only thing that keeps me from thinking it was a big mistake. He's got time to get better. He has to get better. I HOPE he gets better because I'm not about to give up on the big fella just because I'm shitting on him for one game.

2. It was Myles Garrett, he's amazing!

Garrett is a special player, no doubt. That said, Brown faces TJ Watt, Von Miller/Bradley Chubb (x2), Justin Houston/Jayson Oweh (next week), Nick Bosa (x2), Brandon Graham, Bud Dupree, Chase Young, Preston Smith, and Max Crosby. There isn't a player on that list that isn't capable of an 8-10 sack year. Most of that list has had a 10 sack season before, or multiple. If you don't think Brown will be in for a rough ride against that slate with the way he played week 1, then we're on different pages gents.

3. The OL wasn't that bad.

As a unit, the OL was fairly solid. I'm not talking about the entire OL. I'm talking about the giant shit stain of a performance from Orlando Brown. Niang had his lumps too but not nearly as bad as Brown.

4. He only gave up 1 sack and 5 pressures.

Only? He's ****ing lucky Mahomes bailed out of about 10 others. He's lucky a good portion of the remainder of the OL did it's job on some of those other snaps. That is not a good performance from your LT, no matter what. The speed rush routinely torched Brown. If Garrett wasn't running out of gas on some long, dink-and-dunk drives in the 2nd half, there's not doubt it would have been worse.

5. He's young! Eric Fisher was bad early on!

Sure, but he's also NOT a rookie. Frankly, the continual lumping him in with the rookies because he is young has become annoying at best. Also, there's zero comparison to Fisher. Fisher got beat by the bull rush alot as a rookie on the wrong side of the line. When he went to his natural position and added bulk, he got alot better and continually refined into the upper echelon of tackles in the NFL. This fanbase bags Fisher, but Fisher was ten times the LT Brown showed out to be yesterday. I can't honestly remember Fisher ever looking that bad in year 3 of his career.

6. We scored 33 points and won, so what?

Kind of sad that a player can't be criticized for a shit performance without the same old people claiming it couldn't have been that bad because we won. This team should not have won that game. It really took an amazing comeback, against most odds and with a couple lucky plays, to get that win. If you think Cleveland didn't absolutely beat our ass for 90% of that game, we watched a different game. I never gave up hope, the Chiefs have an incredible overall team. That said, there were players that were pretty bad. Orlando Brown was one of those. CEH was one. The defense was littered with them, especially Ward and anyone on the DLine not named Chris Jones.

So my real question to many in this thread is, why can't you call a spade a spade?
All of this. His pass protection looked bad, worse than his time at the Ravens, but perhaps that's the positive - he's been better, albeit in a different system, so reason to be hopeful. Also agree with others that the trade bagging Humphrey or Bolton might be the big win here.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:44 AM 09-14-2021
Its 1 game on an entirely new line FFS
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:11 AM 09-14-2021
The bottom line is that he's got slow feet. He can work on that, even losing say 10-15 lbs. could help. But there have been other great LTs in the past that had slow feet, and Andy is after all an OL coach first, so I'm guessing that it's something they think they can minimize.

But he needs to improve quickly, that's a fact.
[Reply]
Iczer 06:46 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Exactly, the sky isn't falling. The one sack is partly Brown/Niang's fault as well as party Mahomes. Mahomes just kept backpedaling and didn't step up into the pocket.

Browns DL is legit and this was their first real game together. Relax
[Reply]
srvy 07:04 AM 09-14-2021
Yeah Brown looked average at best Sunday. Look nothing says we have to resign him to a big contract if he underperforms. I thought Niang looked pretty darn good. Maybe he plays right tackle a year and moves over as Fish did. Then offer Brown RT money if he refuses to kick him loose and you still have Remmers.

I still believe in Brown and think he will get better as the line gets used to playing together. Lots of expectations on the young man lets give him more than a game.
[Reply]
nychief 07:37 AM 09-14-2021
I think he will improve, lines are ecosystems and they need time to develop, there are three rookies starting for christ sake... and the browns are mebbe the best dline in football. Come december, barring injury, i'll think we'll be brawling.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 07:41 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
He’s getting beat 1on1 on the outside, not sure how more time with the rest of the line will help that.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:55 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Iczer:
Exactly, the sky isn't falling. The one sack is partly Brown/Niang's fault as well as party Mahomes. Mahomes just kept backpedaling and didn't step up into the pocket.

Browns DL is legit and this was their first real game together. Relax
It’s going to take some time to build that trust in Brown to not drop back so much and trust this pocket, but hopefully they can come together and form a solid pocket that Mahomes starts trusting more and more throughout the weeks. You keep Mahomes in that pocket more and we won’t have to worry too much about Brown getting beat by speed around the edge.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 08:16 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
He’s getting beat 1on1 on the outside, not sure how more time with the rest of the line will help that.
When the coaches watch film and feel like they can trust the right side of the line, you help brown with the back to his side or have a te chip on his way to his route.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:20 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Excuses for Brown's performance:

1. It's game 1, relax.

It sure is, and it looked really ****ing bad for him. The only thing to hang your hat on here is that games 2-17 don't look the same. It's the only thing that keeps me from thinking it was a big mistake. He's got time to get better. He has to get better. I HOPE he gets better because I'm not about to give up on the big fella just because I'm shitting on him for one game.

2. It was Myles Garrett, he's amazing!

Garrett is a special player, no doubt. That said, Brown faces TJ Watt, Von Miller/Bradley Chubb (x2), Justin Houston/Jayson Oweh (next week), Nick Bosa (x2), Brandon Graham, Bud Dupree, Chase Young, Preston Smith, and Max Crosby. There isn't a player on that list that isn't capable of an 8-10 sack year. Most of that list has had a 10 sack season before, or multiple. If you don't think Brown will be in for a rough ride against that slate with the way he played week 1, then we're on different pages gents.

3. The OL wasn't that bad.

As a unit, the OL was fairly solid. I'm not talking about the entire OL. I'm talking about the giant shit stain of a performance from Orlando Brown. Niang had his lumps too but not nearly as bad as Brown.

4. He only gave up 1 sack and 5 pressures.

Only? He's ****ing lucky Mahomes bailed out of about 10 others. He's lucky a good portion of the remainder of the OL did it's job on some of those other snaps. That is not a good performance from your LT, no matter what. The speed rush routinely torched Brown. If Garrett wasn't running out of gas on some long, dink-and-dunk drives in the 2nd half, there's not doubt it would have been worse.

5. He's young! Eric Fisher was bad early on!

Sure, but he's also NOT a rookie. Frankly, the continual lumping him in with the rookies because he is young has become annoying at best. Also, there's zero comparison to Fisher. Fisher got beat by the bull rush alot as a rookie on the wrong side of the line. When he went to his natural position and added bulk, he got alot better and continually refined into the upper echelon of tackles in the NFL. This fanbase bags Fisher, but Fisher was ten times the LT Brown showed out to be yesterday. I can't honestly remember Fisher ever looking that bad in year 3 of his career.

6. We scored 33 points and won, so what?

Kind of sad that a player can't be criticized for a shit performance without the same old people claiming it couldn't have been that bad because we won. This team should not have won that game. It really took an amazing comeback, against most odds and with a couple lucky plays, to get that win. If you think Cleveland didn't absolutely beat our ass for 90% of that game, we watched a different game. I never gave up hope, the Chiefs have an incredible overall team. That said, there were players that were pretty bad. Orlando Brown was one of those. CEH was one. The defense was littered with them, especially Ward and anyone on the DLine not named Chris Jones.

So my real question to many in this thread is, why can't you call a spade a spade?
I'm still optimistic for Brown only because I just find it hard to believe he can play at a Pro Bowl level in one offense and look hopeless in another. It's not like the Ravens never threw the ball. They've got more gimmick stuff with their QB, but like Reid says, it's still blocking and tackling. Lamar DID drop back to pass at least a few times each game, which required Brown to... you know... do that thing that LTs are supposed to do. You know... their #1 job: protect the damn blind side.

If the Chiefs are asking him to do a lot more than what he was for the Ravens, then we've probably come across the reason why so many teams passed on him in the draft when they saw his poor combine numbers.
[Reply]
Page 130 of 192
« First < 3080120126127128129130 131132133134140180 > Last »
Up