ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 126 of 192
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136176 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
RunKC 12:25 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Umm Niang isn’t a FA until after the 2024 season.
Brown Jr would get something like a 5 year deal next Spring. So he would be making big money when Niang and Humphrey come to the table.

Of course it depends. If he plays really well then of course pay him top dollar, but if yesterday becomes a trend then I’m not paying him top money
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 12:31 PM 09-13-2021
It was one game.
He was the best option available for LT.
His play was disappointing.
There is going to be a learning curve on a new line and a QB who has a habit of going back instead of stepping up.
It was only one game, no need to panic.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:33 PM 09-13-2021
I don't see much panicking, I see people going hmmm this might not be the long term answer from the very small sample size.

He demonstrated a problem in the preseason, made the excuse that he was "trying new stuff out" and then had the same problem in a real game so that excuse no longer flies.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:35 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I don't see much panicking, I see people going hmmm this might not be the long term answer from the very small sample size.

He demonstrated a problem in the preseason, made the excuse that he was "trying new stuff out" and then had the same problem in a real game so that excuse no longer flies.
Going against a top three defensive end in the league, if not THE best defensive end. I think I'll grade him on the appropriate curve after that game.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:35 PM 09-13-2021
I think it's fair to say we'd like to see better, but damn that offense was sharp. 33 points on only 8 possessions is outstanding
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:36 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Going against a top three defensive end in the league, if not THE best defensive end. I think I'll grade him on the appropriate curve after that game.

That's fine but also kind of besides the point. Speed rush is his weakness.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:36 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Let me ask you this. If Brown Jr keeps struggling like this what do you do?

He is NOT gonna take a discount. He’s gonna want top LT $$. Keep in mind Patrick can’t keep loop-holing his contract every year, Tyreek will need paid soon and Matheiu too.

Hell I’m already entertaining the idea to give Creed Humphrey big money too he’s that ****ing good. And that’s 4 years away.

But paying Brown Jr complicated all of that
I'd say you let the rest of the year play out and see how he plays. If this proves to be a bit of a tough outing against a really good player, and he holds up better (especially if Mahomes stop drifting and starts stepping up, which will help Brown) the rest of the year, you try to make the extension happen.

If he continues to be up-and-down and you're just not sure, there's always the franchise tag.

If he hits FA, he's clearly and obviously the best LT available unless this year just becomes a disaster. I don't see that happen.

People are acting like he got absolutely crushed on every single play. That's not the case. He had trouble at times with an excellent pass rusher, and most of those struggles came in absolute known passing situations.

This wasn't Taylor Lewan (who is really, really good) getting absolutely demolished over and over again by Chandler Jones yesterday, or Mike Remmers/Austin Wylie/entire Chiefs' OL Jordan Black impersonation from Super Bowl LV. People seem to be reacting like it is... at least some of them.
[Reply]
-King- 12:37 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I haven’t watched Brown exclusively for all 4 quarters, so it’s the only point I can really touch on with certainty.

Why are you now trying to move goalposts away from that specific point? You were the one that brought up Garrett’s pressures, not me. I was responding to YOUR point.
What goal posts did I move? 1 player had a career high pressures allowed. One had his best game since week 4 last year. Unless you're you and you attribute all those pressures on Mahomes, then yeah it was a very bad showing by Brown.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:37 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
I think it's fair to say we'd like to see better, but damn that offense was sharp. 33 points on only 8 possessions is outstanding
Willie Roaf skull fucked this fanbase with his play. They are all too retarded about left tackle play since then.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:38 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
What goal posts did I move? 1 player had a career high pressures allowed. One had his best game since week 4 last year. Unless you're you and you attribute all those pressures on Mahomes, then yeah it was a very bad showing by Brown.
And you’re completely ignoring the fact that at least a couple of those were on Mahomes…
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:38 PM 09-13-2021

Perhaps that’s why Veach hasn’t moved on a contract yet. :-)

Not horribly worried yet.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:39 PM 09-13-2021
In context. The average in the NFL last year was 2 points per drive. KC scored 4 yesterday, averaged close to 3 and the top teams each year typically score 3. We torched Clevelands defense guys.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:39 PM 09-13-2021
Crazy seeing all the Dorsey guys on both sides making plays yesterday. He turned 2 jokes of franchises into contenders
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:39 PM 09-13-2021
In context. The average in the NFL last year was 2 points per drive. KC scored 4 yesterday, averaged close to 3 all last year and, and the top teams each year typically score 3. We torched Clevelands defense guys.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:40 PM 09-13-2021
That's fine but also kind of besides the point. Speed rush is his weakness.
We scored 33 points and Mahomes survived.

Can he get better? Sure. I am particularly worried that he's going to be a flop? Not even.
[Reply]
Page 126 of 192
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136176 > Last »
Up