ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 124 of 192
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
Wallymo 11:23 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He didn’t look any worse than Fisher did against guys like Nick Bosa.

And the way he got/gets beat at least allows Mahomes to move up in the pocket. Fisher repeatedly getting his shit pushed in from a bull rush had much more potential for disaster.
I think this is an underrated point. The speed rushers may have an edge on Brown, but they will still have to take an 8-10 yard arc to get there. As we know from Chris Jones, the most dangerous rushers are those with a direct line to the QB.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:28 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Do you think a guy you traded a first round for and who may be in line for a $80 to $100 mil contract should be getting "whipped" by any body? Yeah Myles should win some reps but there's no reason he should dominate if Brown is who we think he is.

A few people have said he needs to lose weight to be able to deal with the speed guys and I think that's right. It's not like Myles was the first time we've heard in the past couple months him getting beat. He was being beat in camp by our players speed rushes and he said he was just trying to work on moves and trying things out. That doesn't seem to be the case.
You guys are morons sometimes. The Chiefs scored on 6 of 8 possessions. They moved the ball at will all day. Myles got ONE sack on a play Mahomes dropped waaaaay to far back on and admitted as such. Scoring points is all that matters and 33 will win most games. Especially on limited possessions like yesterday.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:35 AM 09-13-2021
Do you think a guy you traded a first round for and who may be in line for a $80 to $100 mil contract should be getting "whipped" by any body?.
That’s disingenuous.

We got a second round pick back in that trade. The total trade compensation was the equivalent of a late second round pick. Who should we have drafted at 31 instead? And oh yeah, go ahead and drop Bolton or Humphrey too.

Also, if this is a typical outing for him then he won’t get that type of contract.

Given the circumstances, he was probably the best available option. LT’s aren’t available often.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:35 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
You guys are morons sometimes. The Chiefs scored on 6 of 8 possessions. They moved the ball at will all day. Myles got ONE sack on a play Mahomes dropped waaaaay to far back on and admitted as such. Scoring points is all that matters and 33 will win most games. Especially on limited possessions like yesterday.
He ran around Brown more than once. Mahomes getting away or getting the ball out doesn't mean Brown didn't suck. He did suck and certainly didn't look like a guy Veach will give 100 mil to.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:36 AM 09-13-2021
I am no oline expert but I thought they played pretty well overall and Mahomes was able to step up in the pocket something that didn't happen much last year or the year before that I recall.

Anyway I would like to see gifs of plays because I don't pay all that much attention unless they are getting beat.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:38 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He ran around Brown more than once. Mahomes getting away or getting the ball out doesn't mean Brown didn't suck. He did suck and certainly didn't look like a guy Veach will give 100 mil to.
Lulz you guys don't understand football at all sometimes
[Reply]
-King- 11:38 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
He had 1 sack and 3 tackles.

He had some pressures, but it wasn't enough. He wasn't as good as Chris Jones and yet no one has said a goddamn thing about CJ and who he "whooped" on.

You wanna see whooped? See Chandler Jones. That's whooped and dominated.

Garrett had a nice game. Good for him.

Whooped on Brown? GMAFB.
Chandler Jones had an all time game. And yeah if a guy hasa career high in pressures allowed while the guy across from him has a career game in pressures, I'd say he got dominated. No, they didn't end up as sacks, but we all know that pressures are still a big deal.
https://twitter.com/Sam_Penix/status/1437415037862400009?s=20

A pressure every 4 plays is ridiculous.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:39 AM 09-13-2021
33 points on only 8 possessions ....
[Reply]
-King- 11:40 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
That’s disingenuous.

We got a second round pick back in that trade. The total trade compensation was the equivalent of a late second round pick. Who should we have drafted at 31 instead? And oh yeah, go ahead and drop Bolton or Humphrey too.

Also, if this is a typical outing for him then he won’t get that type of contract.

Given the circumstances, he was probably the best available option. LT’s aren’t available often.
I think he'll get better and Reid will scheme around his flaws better as well. I'm literally only talking about how he played this game.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:40 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
That’s disingenuous.

You’re arguing with a contrarian. Don’t waste your time.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:41 AM 09-13-2021
I think people literally expect a TD on every drove :-)
[Reply]
-King- 11:41 AM 09-13-2021
Not to mention at least a couple of those pressures were on Mahomes…
Mahomes also escaped pressure too so it all balances out. If it were not for Mahomes being a magician, Myles would have more than 1 sack.

Unless you think Mahomes hurt Orlando more than he helped him.
[Reply]
-King- 11:42 AM 09-13-2021
You’re arguing with a contrarian. Don’t waste your time.
Irony :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 11:45 AM 09-13-2021
Mahomes also escaped pressure too so it all balances out. If it were not for Mahomes being a magician, Myles would have more than 1 sack.

Unless you think Mahomes hurt Orlando more than he helped him.
If Mahomes is pressured and has to escape, it still goes down as a pressure. You understand that, right?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:47 AM 09-13-2021
I think he'll get better and Reid will scheme around his flaws better as well. I'm literally only talking about how he played this game.
And that’s fine. Critique the performance all you want, but you don’t need to inflate the trade compensation to do so.

Brown’s play is fair game to be picked apart, but we should do it through the lense of what options we had.

1. Stay at 31 and hope someone falls (drop Humphrey or Bolton)
2. Move up in the first (drop both Humphrey and Bolton at a minimum)
3. Make the trade for Brown
4. Sign some other stop gap then probably use our 1st on a project tackle (drop Humphrey or Bolton)

I really don’t see an option that I like better for our team as a whole. If Brown sucks, let him walk. At least then we’re only addressing 1 OL spot instead of 5 next offseason.
[Reply]
Page 124 of 192
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174 > Last »
Up