ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 104 of 192
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
RealSNR 11:08 AM 04-29-2021
I know it's common knowledge to college football fans and draft nuts, but the average NFL consumer who takes in NFL media probably doesn't know that left tackle IS Orlando Brown's natural position. It's what he was taught as a kid, but more importantly, it's what he spent all of his time doing at freakin' Oklahoma. He redshirted in 2014 as a LT. He was the starting LT beginning in 2015 and did the job for three years until getting drafted.

Yes, he played well in his 2020 season at LT for the Ravens, but all we ever hear is, "he's a RT who moved over to LT and played well, and now he has to prove he can do the job full time in KC..."

If anything, it should be talked about how the guy made the conversion to RT so easily where so many players typically struggle doing a side switch like that, particularly as a rookie.

In OBJ's own words, he's "not a RT!" His natural position isn't on the right side. And the media has done a piss poor job of communicating that to average NFL fans.

Reminds me of the dumbassery surrounding Branden Albert. The dude plays ONE year as a guard his final season in college. Has never played guard before that-- was always a tackle. And the media (and as a result the fans) act like, "Was it wise for the Chiefs to draft a guard to play tackle???!!!!" Or even when we were talking about our options moving forward after Albert's tag contract ran out. "Well, the Chiefs could re-sign him, I suppose, and then move him to his natural position of guard..."
[Reply]
Mecca 11:38 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I haven't listened to the segment yet. Can anyone explain what Chadiha meant?

He literally gets radio time because he lives in the area, he's done nothing but talk shit on the Chiefs for as long as I can remember.
[Reply]
dtrain 11:47 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He literally gets radio time because he lives in the area, he's done nothing but talk shit on the Chiefs for as long as I can remember.
He basically said OBJ will not be good and the Chiefs will move on.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:01 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by dtrain:
He basically said OBJ will not be good and the Chiefs will move on.
I think he just trolls Chiefs fans.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:09 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I realize these are slightly different situations, but any comment on the Chiefs reportedly receiving a much better offer from Denver for Alex Smith in 2018? They even have a coach who once before moved his starting QB of 5+ years to a division rival. A guy he claims he "loves like a son," too. I don't remember what Denver offered (or if it was even reported), but if it would have been a 1st round pick and a player similar to Fuller, you surely would have had to take that deal, right? So why did the Chiefs shut down Denver no matter what?
Trading within the conference is WAY different than trading within the division. In the division you're guaranteed to see them every year, at least twice. Those 2 games can have a direct affect on your ability to make the playoffs since the division winner gets an automatic berth.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:16 PM 04-29-2021
I know it's common knowledge to college football fans and draft nuts, but the average NFL consumer who takes in NFL media probably doesn't know that left tackle IS Orlando Brown's natural position. It's what he was taught as a kid, but more importantly, it's what he spent all of his time doing at freakin' Oklahoma. He redshirted in 2014 as a LT. He was the starting LT beginning in 2015 and did the job for three years until getting drafted.

Yes, he played well in his 2020 season at LT for the Ravens, but all we ever hear is, "he's a RT who moved over to LT and played well, and now he has to prove he can do the job full time in KC..."

If anything, it should be talked about how the guy made the conversion to RT so easily where so many players typically struggle doing a side switch like that, particularly as a rookie.

In OBJ's own words, he's "not a RT!" His natural position isn't on the right side. And the media has done a piss poor job of communicating that to average NFL fans.

Reminds me of the dumbassery surrounding Branden Albert. The dude plays ONE year as a guard his final season in college. Has never played guard before that-- was always a tackle. And the media (and as a result the fans) act like, "Was it wise for the Chiefs to draft a guard to play tackle???!!!!" Or even when we were talking about our options moving forward after Albert's tag contract ran out. "Well, the Chiefs could re-sign him, I suppose, and then move him to his natural position of guard..."
This. Fucking this.

Orlando Brown is a left tackle that was moved to right tackle by the Ravens not a right tackle being moved to left tackle by the Chiefs.

Why? For the same reason Branden Albert played guard his final season at UVA - they already had a great left tackle.

The Ravens drafted for BPA value in the 3rd round when they drafted Brown. They already had Ronnie Stanley and they probably felt like Brown, who played left tackle at a power school, was good insurance and depth. It became apparent during his rookie TC that he was too good to keep on the bench so they moved him to right tackle to get the "best 5 guys" on the field.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:17 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Jeff Chadiha is a contrarian idiot and is wrong about almost everything. Dude was a huge Pump The Brakes On Mahomes guy every second of his first three years.

Do not pay any attention to that Lions Fan
I've never followed him closely. He's seemed somewhat knowledgable when I've heard him but I've only really ever heard him talk rumors and news, never his own opinions.
[Reply]
TEX 12:51 PM 04-29-2021

Exactly! I can't tell you how man goofs at work who have regurgitated that BS to me ever since KC made the trade. I just laugh. I tried telling them, but then I get, "Oh, You know more than the sports media - Chief HOMER!" I just laugh and tell them that in THIS CASE I CERTAINLY DO! Keep in mind, they're all Texans fans...:-)

Then I mention the terms of the trade and compare it to how the Texans got RAPED on the Laremy Tunsil deal...:-)
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:31 PM 04-29-2021
I’m beyond ecstatic we traded what was essentially the #45 pick for OBJ.

This draft talent pool is gonna be a 3-alarm dumpster fire.
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:34 PM 04-29-2021
The more I watch the draft the more impressed I am with the trade for OBJr
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 10:28 PM 04-29-2021
This trade is looking better and better, after seeing the way the draft fell tonight.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:31 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by BigChiefFan:
This trade is looking better and better, after seeing the way the draft fell tonight.
It played out pretty well for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:32 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This. ****ing this.

Orlando Brown is a left tackle that was moved to right tackle by the Ravens not a right tackle being moved to left tackle by the Chiefs.

Why? For the same reason Branden Albert played guard his final season at UVA - they already had a great left tackle.

The Ravens drafted for BPA value in the 3rd round when they drafted Brown. They already had Ronnie Stanley and they probably felt like Brown, who played left tackle at a power school, was good insurance and depth. It became apparent during his rookie TC that he was too good to keep on the bench so they moved him to right tackle to get the "best 5 guys" on the field.
The chiefs did that once and got Donald Stevenson. So glad brown isn’t Stevenson and beach isn’t Carl.
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 11:21 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It played out pretty well for the Chiefs.
Yes, sir. The Chiefs are sitting pretty for tomorrow and can go in a multitude of directions. With that said, I sure would like to see Terrance Marshall, Jr. become a Chief tomorrow, i’d like to see Mahomes get another weapon and help keep teams honest. I see it, as our biggest need, behind DE or C.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:26 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
PFF was on 610 again bad-mouthing this trade. According to these "experts" Veach's way to build a team is not sustainable and we will be in BIG TROUBLE in 4- 5 years!!

Sorry guys, enjoy all the Super Bowls now, because in a half-decade or so- we will be devoid of talent and in Cap Hell!!

It is completely irresponsible to try to win now with one of the best O lines in the NFL to protect our QB. The super-secret insider data PROVES IT!!
just shock jocks with hot takes.

Again, a bad deal? Just look at this pic and tell me it was a bad deal.
Attached: 89121EA5-883E-415E-9B7F-431D2772E467.jpeg (117.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 104 of 192
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154 > Last »
Up