ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 103 of 192
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 08:39 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Ideally with teh draft picks, yes. But it's unknown. Kind of like with teh Chiefs trading up for a LT. It's likely he'd be better but you just never know. Draft picks are unknown.

It's not ideal for them to trade him to KC, but they had to get what they can get. I'm on board with that. I get it. I DM'd back and forth with Middlekauf who was under Andy in Philly and after talking to you guys here, I've definitely changed the tune on it.

I still imagine trading him to KC wasn't their first option, but they got what they could and moved on.
Of course it wasn't their first choice. I'm sure they would have preferred many other places. The simple fact is that, at the end of the day, the compensation is what drives trades. Once they had offers in hand, it's highly unlikely they really considered that KC was a "rival" and they were helping them - they were looking for the best situation for themselves and Brown.
[Reply]
Shields68 08:41 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They play twice a year. If the Ravens can't beat the Steelers (and they haven't consistently) then they can't compete for a division title, which is the only way to guarantee a playoff spot. They won't EVER face the Chiefs if they don't even make the playoffs.

You gun for them by putting the absolute best team you can on the field. The Ravens are better without Brown and with those draft picks.

You're just not thinking this through. Teams don't approach this the way fans do. They just don't.
I think a few teams absolutely approach it that way. But the smart move is to get the most you can for the player. Getting mid second round value and probably a player who is low 20's on your draft board is the best you can do you take it. Goal is to make the playoffs and hope the dee and Lamar get on a roll. Taking some other teams 3rd round value and s lower pick only hurts your team in the long run.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:45 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
I think a few teams absolutely approach it that way. But the smart move is to get the most you can for the player. Getting mid second round value and probably a player who is low 20's on your draft board is the best you can do you take it. Goal is to make the playoffs and hope the dee and Lamar get on a roll. Taking some other teams 3rd round value and s lower pick only hurts your team in the long run.
I'm sure there are a few team, yes. Teams that aren't successful. :-)
[Reply]
siberian khatru 09:41 AM 04-29-2021
I haven't listened to the segment yet. Can anyone explain what Chadiha meant?

"This smells like a Trojan horse to me..." @jeffrichadiha on Orlando Brown Jr.

— Nate Bukaty (@nate_bukaty) April 29, 2021

[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:43 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:

They must have sent Brown to KC so he can get Mahomes secrets to report back to Lamar. IDK if he said that just speculation.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:44 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
They must have sent Brown to KC so he can get Mahomes secrets to report back to Lamar. IDK if he said that just speculation.
This is the case. He will tell Lamar "he good".
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:51 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
This is the case. He will tell Lamar "he good".
"Ok all you have to do is trade your freak of nature legs for a freak of nature arm and mind."
[Reply]
O.city 09:58 AM 04-29-2021
What.....what the hell does that even mean?
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:07 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

You're just not thinking this through. Teams don't approach this the way fans do. They just don't.
I realize these are slightly different situations, but any comment on the Chiefs reportedly receiving a much better offer from Denver for Alex Smith in 2018? They even have a coach who once before moved his starting QB of 5+ years to a division rival. A guy he claims he "loves like a son," too. I don't remember what Denver offered (or if it was even reported), but if it would have been a 1st round pick and a player similar to Fuller, you surely would have had to take that deal, right? So why did the Chiefs shut down Denver no matter what?
[Reply]
mkp785 10:07 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The Ravens biggest obstacle is not the Chiefs, it's the gameplan the Titans rolled out against them in the Divisional Round last season. The one that sells out to clog up running lanes and the middle of the field and forces Lamar to beat you by throwing to the sidelines. The Chiefs copied that strategy verbatim this season, and the Bills held them to 3 points with that same blueprint in the playoffs this year. Every time, the Ravens not only lost, but lost by two scores.

It isn't the Chiefs that's the Ravens kryptonite, it's their offenses inability to overcome that defense, and unless they get GOLDEN luck in the playoffs, they're going to inevitably run into a team who'll be able to run that D competently. THAT's the major problem for the Ravens right now. Multiple Ravens' players have admitted as much. Some Ravens fans think a true WR threat (I.E., not Sammy Watkins) can solve that problem, but we'll see. It reminds me of how teams would load the box and play Cover 2 with a good zone blitz to neutralize Alex in the playoffs. The dude just could never get comfortable in those games and that formula knocked us out in 2015, 2016 and 2017. Luckily the Chiefs realized this after 2016 and went all in for Patrick.

If I'm the Ravens, I'm doing everything I can to try to overcome that obstacle this offseason, but if Lamar ultimately can't even with new weapons (I.E., Alex with Hill & Kelce), I'd really hesitate before giving him big money for an extension. But they're not inviting me to any meetings, so what do I know?
Good points. If I was them I'd make that trade for Julio. The Falcons would probably take a 3rd and 4th from what I'm hearing. I'm not sure if it can happen with this yr picks, since this trade has to be done later for cap reasons.

Either way, grab him and Lamar has no more excuses. It won't matter imo anyway since I think they just gave us a future multiple time 1st team all pro LT for a massive discount. Ravens running game is gonna feel his departure this season.
[Reply]
Sofa King 10:12 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
What.....what the hell does that even mean?
They think Orlando Brown isn't good at LT and they hope that since he's not good he will come here, suck, and allow the Ravens to win when they match up.

That's my guess.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:26 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:

That translates to "Chadiha is an idiot".
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:27 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
They think Orlando Brown isn't good at LT and they hope that since he's not good he will come here, suck, and allow the Ravens to win when they match up.

That's my guess.
Sounds like a great way for him to get the contract he’s looking for
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:54 AM 04-29-2021
Jeff Chadiha is a contrarian idiot and is wrong about almost everything. Dude was a huge Pump The Brakes On Mahomes guy every second of his first three years.

Do not pay any attention to that Lions Fan
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:58 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Jeff Chadiha is a contrarian idiot and is wrong about almost everything. Dude was a huge Pump The Brakes On Mahomes guy every second of his first three years.

Do not pay any attention to that Lions Fan

"Lamar Jackson will win a Super Bowl before Patrick Mahomes."
[Reply]
Page 103 of 192
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153 > Last »
Up