ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 104 of 295
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154204 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
CoMoChief 07:49 AM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
What does that have to do with anything?

CEH being good doesn't diminish any of the accomplishments Williams had for this team.
No, but I think the point is, our running game as whole is going to be MUCH MUCH better with CEH than it ever was with Williams.

Williams made some huge plays when it mattered most, but throughout the reg season, the running game was sometimes non-existent. Thankfully the Chiefs passing attack was so good that even them being 1-dimensional on offense got them over the top and won them a SB.

The NFL got a good glimpse of what this Chiefs team is going to be like with a strong running game...and I think a lot of people in the league shit their pants Thurs night.

It's def a pick your poison defending Chiefs offense. They virtually have zero weakness with maybe exception of short yardage goaline situations, some of that has to do with scheme. CEH is a small back, probably good to put in Darrell Williams or Sherman in those scenarios.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:33 AM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
No, but I think the point is, our running game as whole is going to be MUCH MUCH better with CEH than it ever was with Williams.

Williams made some huge plays when it mattered most, but throughout the reg season, the running game was sometimes non-existent. Thankfully the Chiefs passing attack was so good that even them being 1-dimensional on offense got them over the top and won them a SB.

The NFL got a good glimpse of what this Chiefs team is going to be like with a strong running game...and I think a lot of people in the league shit their pants Thurs night.

It's def a pick your poison defending Chiefs offense. They virtually have zero weakness with maybe exception of short yardage goaline situations, some of that has to do with scheme. CEH is a small back, probably good to put in Darrell Williams or Sherman in those scenarios.
Damien's contribution in the passing game cannot be understated. We all know Helaire is going to catch passes soon but Damien Williams is criminally underrated by a lot of people here.

Also, CEH got a ton of yards running behind the left side of the line. Williams was running behind shit by comparison last year. Osemele is a huge upgrade so far and Andrew Wylie is still weak at the point of the attack, just like before.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:44 AM 09-12-2020
Williams was always more of a home run hitter, just look at his per game stats.

He had two 100+ yard regular season games in 2019. It only happened because he had runs of 84 and 91 yards. Otherwise he was JAG. He's always been this way, EXCEPT in playoffs. But even look at the Super Bowl, he got the build of his yards on the run that iced the game.

Don't get me wrong, its awesome to have a guy like that, but he's not the type of back that you can control the game with unless you are using him in the passing game. And the problem with that is that when you are up and need to put the game away, you don't really want to be passing the ball. CEH changers all of that.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:15 AM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
That run over left guard where he stopped on a dime and then cut it back inside was killer. You just don't have guys that can do that. That is elite material. His vision is also outstanding.

If the interior of our Oline can really step up CEH will shred all year.

Osemele looks like he has potential.
I don't trust Wylie
Reiter is still an unknown(disappointed that Allegretti hasn't gotten in there)
How the **** is Reiter an unknown? He’s been playing great football for 10+ games now.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:48 AM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I love Damien, but this is a two yard run if he got given the football. I knew CEH had good vision but holy **** was he a joy to watch last night.
Just think what CEH would have done in the Super Bowl! Wouldn't need a comeback.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:52 AM 09-12-2020
Williams best quality is that he comes up big in big games.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:14 PM 09-12-2020

[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:15 PM 09-12-2020

[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:36 PM 09-12-2020

[Reply]
suzzer99 01:09 PM 09-12-2020
KChiefs1 is embedding now? The prophecy is fulfilled. This end of days is upon us. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 01:29 PM 09-12-2020
“Patrick Mahomes getting a good running game is like Hapoy Gilmore learning how to putt.”

That’s great :-)
[Reply]
O.city 01:43 PM 09-12-2020
Pick your poison

You’re gonna die either way, but pick your poison
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:55 PM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Good vision for a rookie. Phonebooth skills.

This hit scared the shit out of me. I just immediately thought OMG dont get hurt, but he pops back up. He takes another very similar hit the very next play. Looks like his foot gets stuck and then he gets hit in the knee. I would bet there are plenty of players that would have a blown out knee after those hits.
[Reply]
crispystl 02:03 PM 09-12-2020
Yeah that freaked me out too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RunKC 02:15 PM 09-12-2020
Just a reminder of how much better Clyde makes this offense

The #Chiefs’ RBs combined for three regular season games with 100+ rushing yards after Kareem Hunt was cut in 2018.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire has 102 rushing yards on 12 carries in the first 35 minutes of his first game.

— Brandon Kiley (@BKSportsTalk) September 11, 2020

On a side note, I really wish Damien was here with us. I was so hyped to have Clyde and Damien here as our 1/2 punch. Elite caliber receiving weapons at RB on every down :-)
[Reply]
Page 104 of 295
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154204 > Last »
Up