ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 3903
« First < 6465253545556 57585960661061565561056 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BWillie 09:21 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Masks don't do jack shit. Stop listening to the ****ing media.
Actually, the media is the ones who are blatantly lying. Masks do HELP period. Is it fail proof? No. But it can greatly reduce your exposure and chance of getting it especially if you use a N95 mask.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:22 PM 03-05-2020
All I know is, where is Andy Reid? Is there a bunker we can put him in until next football season or until we can get a vaccine? He's 61, fat, and likes cheeseburgers. He's going to be a goner if he gets it.

PROTECT HIM!
[Reply]
Miles 09:41 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by philfree:
So did the Chinese create this nasty virus in a lab?
Being generally unaware of concepts like soap and TP in bathrooms couldn’t have helped.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:04 PM 03-05-2020
Heh, the flu is for pussies!
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:04 PM 03-05-2020
80% of the people in my writing class are touching their face at any given time.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:07 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by :
I basically expect to get coronavirus if it becomes as widespread as feared, because of how closely I work, as a bartender, with the public and their germs.

Additionally, I can't wash my hands as often as suggested without serious consequences. Like many bartenders, I suffer from paronychia (bar rot), a skin condition of the cuticles and other areas of the fingers caused by working long hours with wet hands exposed to citrus, cleaning agents, and bacteria.

When it's acting up, every hand-wash inflames it, so if I don't limit my hand-washing to only when necessary, the skin on my hands thins, peels, and bleeds, leaving me susceptible to much worse than coronavirus.

Nor can I choose to work less. Think twice before telling people not to work if they are sick; many of us don't have that luxury. I can afford to lose maybe two days of work a month - otherwise, I am going to fall behind, and although I have some exciting prospects this year, at the moment I have no additional income or means of support.

Remember: the working-class works when we are sick not because we want to, but because we have to.

All that I am changing in my routine is what I am able to: I am no longer frequenting my favorite breakfast spot, because most of the clientele is elderly and I don't want to endanger them if I become a carrier.

That's how coronavirus is affecting my life.
From a bartender on Facebook. Might want to avoid bars for a while.
[Reply]
Nickhead 11:40 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
From a bartender on Facebook. Might want to avoid bars for a while.
this is why i drink from home :-)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:46 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
80% of the people in my writing class are touching their face at any given time.
Way, way BITD, one of the college drinking games we used to play was you had to drink if you touched your face. It really made it apparent that people touch their face a lot.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:59 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Heh, the flu is for pussies!
You must get it a lot then running from the local neighborhood poodle.

In all seriousness this thing has been so overblown it’s ridiculous. Just came back from bringing my kid to jiu-jitsu and judo. Everyone is joking about it. Log in here and it’s the zombie apocalypse just like at Costco. I will make a killing in the markets from this massive media overhype. I guess they are good for something. This is the Media’s new Y2K.

Time for mandatory vaccinations to save us all from extinction . LMFAO
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 09:15 AM 03-06-2020
News here reporting 2 possible cases in PA. Using the words "presumed" positive. Have them both on house quaratine.
[Reply]
Donger 09:16 AM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Masks don't do jack shit. Stop listening to the ****ing media.
:-)
[Reply]
Donger 09:19 AM 03-06-2020
Sorry Rain Man...

Man identified as first coronavirus case in Colorado

The man who was visiting Summit County had known exposure through close contact with the new virus outside of Colorado, state health officials said in news release Thursday afternoon.

Polis said the man — who was later identified as a resident of California by Summit County officials — had traveled to Italy in mid-February with someone who had tested positive for COVID-19. Summit County officials said in a news conference late Thursday night the man was not aware of his companion's positive status "until many days into his visit here in Summit County."
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:21 AM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
You must get it a lot then running from the local neighborhood poodle.

In all seriousness this thing has been so overblown it’s ridiculous. Just came back from bringing my kid to jiu-jitsu and judo. Everyone is joking about it. Log in here and it’s the zombie apocalypse just like at Costco. I will make a killing in the markets from this massive media overhype. I guess they are good for something. This is the Media’s new Y2K.

Time for mandatory vaccinations to save us all from extinction . LMFAO
The media will do what it always does.

But, we have no idea how far and wide this has spread because the government cant get testing kits out to the public to confirm the coronavirus. Promised 1 million test kits by the end of the week. So far as of Friday morning, 75K.

If you dont even know how far and wide it has spread, you have no chance to contain the virus.
[Reply]
MagicHef 09:58 AM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin:
News here reporting 2 possible cases in PA. Using the words "presumed" positive. Have them both on house quaratine.
Presumed positive means that they have tested positive from a test administered by a local hospital or doctor, but have not been officially tested by the CDC yet. Pretty much guaranteed that they are positive.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:11 AM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The media will do what it always does.

But, we have no idea how far and wide this has spread because the government cant get testing kits out to the public to confirm the coronavirus. Promised 1 million test kits by the end of the week. So far as of Friday morning, 75K.

If you dont even know how far and wide it has spread, you have no chance to contain the virus.
It’s the same old situation promoted by the media every few years. Trash the markets. People will lose a ton of the retirement they saved as they will get out of the market and go to treasuries as we are seeing now. Ultra-rich who are in cash will swoop in and invest and make a killing. Those who proclaimed to protect the people the loudest as usual are traitors to the people but those people will believe because that’s how we are being programmed 24/7. When it’s all said and done more people than ever will believe the media and in big government.

On a good note the gym looks empty today. Awesome. God only knows what chance I have if making it out of there alive.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 3903
« First < 6465253545556 57585960661061565561056 > Last »
Up