ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3732 of 3903
« First < 2732323236323682372237283729373037313732 3733373437353736374237823832 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:56 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Again how does this help people who have already had covid? Damage is done the vaccine is not going to help that.
Chances are that if they had a bad case before they will have a bad case again doing more/further damage.
Nothing will completely repair the damage from not having the vaccine.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 08:04 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Chances are that if they had a bad case before they will have a bad case again doing more/further damage.
Nothing will completely repair the damage from not having the vaccine.
The one study I saw on reinfection of severe cases of covid was extremely low. Data seemed to show that the more severe infection the better they were protected from reinfection. Of those reinfected 3% of those people died during there second round of covid.

Has there been any studies showing that severe infection makes you more susceptible to covid? I ask because this is not the first time I have heard that statement.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 08:12 PM 09-15-2021
Saw a statistic today that 1 in 500 Americans have died of Covid.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:13 PM 09-15-2021
The one study I saw on reinfection of severe cases of covid was extremely low. Data seemed to show that the more severe infection the better they were protected from reinfection. Of those reinfected, 3% of those people died during their second round of covid.

Have there been any studies showing that severe infection makes you more susceptible to covid? I ask because this is not the first time I have heard that statement.
I don't know of studies. I do know that where I work there have been several, 4, people that have had a severe case. After missing 3 months of work they had recovered enough to return to work to only get reinfected and have to be hospitalized again and not have the ability to return to work. It does not look like they ever will again, the latest one is still on oxygen after being released from the hospital 6 weeks now.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 08:27 PM 09-15-2021
I don't know of studies. I do know that where I work there have been several, 4, people that have had a severe case. After missing 3 months of work they had recovered enough to return to work to only get reinfected and have to be hospitalized again and not have the ability to return to work. It does not look like they ever will again, the latest one is still on oxygen after being released from the hospital 6 weeks now.
I am sorry to hear about that. I agree that personal experience can shape opinions a lot stronger than simple numbers.

I personally had 0 people in my family die from covid or experience anything more than mild symptoms. (Knock on wood)

However, I did have a family member die from the vaccine. Another had a severe reaction that took them out for over a week.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:34 PM 09-15-2021
I am sorry to hear about that. I agree that personal experience can shape opinions a lot stronger than simple numbers.

I personally had 0 people in my family die from covid or experience anything more than mild symptoms. (Knock on wood)

However, I did have a family member die from the vaccine. Another had a severe reaction that took them out for over a week.
Personal experience definitely has its effects. The most severe reaction to the vaccine that I have seen or heard about from the people in my life or that work at the hospital is 12 hours of cold or flu like symptoms.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TinyEvel 12:03 AM 09-16-2021
Personal experience definitely has its effects. The most severe reaction to the virus that I have seen or heard about from the people in my life or that work at the hospital is 12 hours of cold or flu like symptoms.

My friend caught it, (healthy, fit 50 year old) and was admitted into the hospital, intubated after two days, put into a coma for 28 days with a tracheotomy tube and feeding tube.
He lived, but had lost something like 40 lbs and had to learn to swallow and to walk again. Once he started walking, he worked really hard and progressed pretty well and was walking up a flight of stairs after about two weeks and was released.

His wife posted daily updates on Facebook, it was pretty hard to read some of those posts as it was going on. Just kind of expected him to die any time. Would get better then worse then better then worse.
[Reply]
loochy 05:32 AM 09-16-2021
Personal experience definitely has its effects. The most severe reaction to the virus that I have seen or heard about from the people in my life or that work at the hospital is 12 hours of cold or flu like symptoms.
WTF
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:38 AM 09-16-2021

Did you mean vaccine? Your other post sure described something much worse than that about the virus effects on people you know.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:52 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Did you mean vaccine? Your other post sure described something much worse than that about the virus effects on people you know.
Yes, sorry about that.

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:53 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
WTF
Fixed.

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:24 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by :
"..Their antibodies were not only capable of neutralizing all of the SARS-CoV-2 variants that we have seen thus far, they're also capable of neutralizing viruses that are very much more diverse, including the original SARS coronavirus, which is really quite different to the current ones, viruses that are currently circulating in bats and pangolins..."
https://news.yahoo.com/evidence-supe...092149813.html
[Reply]
farmerchief 08:25 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
I spent three months studying the immune system to write a website for immunity supplements.

ADAPTIVE IMMUNITY is your body's third-level of immunity, where your body codes and creates "super fighters" (antibodies) to attack a specific and seriously harmful invader (covid, polio, measles, etc). When infected, your body initially goes through a gnarly defensive battle with the disease using regular means (white blood cells) and discovers that is not enough. So it creates a blueprint for special ANTIBODIES (the Y shaped things in vaccine diagrams) these antibodies are custom-coded to fit into a single specific pathogen (disease) like a lock and key. The antibody adheres to the disease pathogen (e.g. covid spiked ball) thus either tagging it for easier destruction by groups of the regular white blood cell army (like popping a red smoke grenade tagging for jets to drop napalm) and/or neutralizing it keeping it from replicating or causing more harm (like Dan Sorensen hanging onto a running back who is trying to get to the first down marker.)

The code for these antibodies remains in your body afterward. So if the pathogen (disease) returns, your antibody factory can immediately get to work making antibodies and slapping them onto all the spike covid balls. Faster. More thoroughly. Making the disease much less effective and less harmful, less severe, less symptoms, go away faster, etc.

Vaccines, create a harmless replica (fake) version of the protein Covid makes, so your body then codes the blueprint for the antibodies and store it in memory. (like training your dog to attack ducks by using decoys) Then, when/if you actually get Covid, your body now can immediately make and deploy the antibodies instead of having to figure it all out. So the Covid gets attacked (and hopefully beaten) faster and more completely.

Some people's (very rare) adaptive immune system doesn't perform the way it should perfectly or might have a blind spot for that specific code and that is the rare case you have vaccinated people still can die of Covid. This is why even with vaccines, masks are a good idea and the more people who are vaccinated the less the disease will spread because people have it for a much shorter time and less concentrated in their bodies so less contagious.

Again, Vaccines don't prevent you from catching or being exposed to the disease. They train and prepare your body to beat it down faster and more completely when you are exposed.

This is a very top-line simplification, I am not a doctor nor scientist, but this is how I can best explain it. Go to google or YouTube search "adaptive immunity" or "how vaccines work" for more detailed info.
best explanation, I’ve read so far, that explains how the vaccine, is designed to work, and in layman terms I can understand. Thanks for the post!
[Reply]
loochy 08:46 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
I spent three months studying the immune system to write a website for immunity supplements.

ADAPTIVE IMMUNITY is your body's third-level of immunity, where your body codes and creates "super fighters" (antibodies) to attack a specific and seriously harmful invader (covid, polio, measles, etc). When infected, your body initially goes through a gnarly defensive battle with the disease using regular means (white blood cells) and discovers that is not enough. So it creates a blueprint for special ANTIBODIES (the Y shaped things in vaccine diagrams) these antibodies are custom-coded to fit into a single specific pathogen (disease) like a lock and key. The antibody adheres to the disease pathogen (e.g. covid spiked ball) thus either tagging it for easier destruction by groups of the regular white blood cell army (like popping a red smoke grenade tagging for jets to drop napalm) and/or neutralizing it keeping it from replicating or causing more harm (like Dan Sorensen hanging onto a running back who is trying to get to the first down marker.)

The code for these antibodies remains in your body afterward. So if the pathogen (disease) returns, your antibody factory can immediately get to work making antibodies and slapping them onto all the spike covid balls. Faster. More thoroughly. Making the disease much less effective and less harmful, less severe, less symptoms, go away faster, etc.

Vaccines, create a harmless replica (fake) version of the protein Covid makes, so your body then codes the blueprint for the antibodies and store it in memory. (like training your dog to attack ducks by using decoys) Then, when/if you actually get Covid, your body now can immediately make and deploy the antibodies instead of having to figure it all out. So the Covid gets attacked (and hopefully beaten) faster and more completely.

Some people's (very rare) adaptive immune system doesn't perform the way it should perfectly or might have a blind spot for that specific code and that is the rare case you have vaccinated people still can die of Covid. This is why even with vaccines, masks are a good idea and the more people who are vaccinated the less the disease will spread because people have it for a much shorter time and less concentrated in their bodies so less contagious.

Again, Vaccines don't prevent you from catching or being exposed to the disease. They train and prepare your body to beat it down faster and more completely when you are exposed.

This is a very top-line simplification, I am not a doctor nor scientist, but this is how I can best explain it. Go to google or YouTube search "adaptive immunity" or "how vaccines work" for more detailed info.

OK then Mr. Smartypants, then explain how it alters my DNA and makes me sterile
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 09:49 AM 09-16-2021
Shouldn’t booster shots be tweaked for the delta and mu variants rather than the old formulation that was designed prior to these variants?
[Reply]
Page 3732 of 3903
« First < 2732323236323682372237283729373037313732 3733373437353736374237823832 > Last »
Up