ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3731 of 3903
« First < 2731323136313681372137273728372937303731 3732373337343735374137813831 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Nirvana58 06:18 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
What exactly do you fear happening "long term?"
It is not about fear. My current risk of covid is extremely low. My long term risk of the vaccine is unknown.

Not even taking into account the risk of adverse side effects from the vaccine that have already been observed. (Not saying risk of side effects are high but neither is my risk of covid)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:28 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
It is not about fear. My current risk of covid is extremely low. My long term risk of the vaccine is unknown.

Not even taking into account the risk of adverse side effects from the vaccine that have already been observed. (Not saying risk of side effects are high but neither is my risk of covid)
What are the long-term effects of actually having Covid?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:29 PM 09-15-2021

So.. While you walk around asymptomatic, you can infect other people who are not so low risk. That's kind of the point. It's not all about you.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:31 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
So.. While you walk around asymptomatic, you can infect other people who are not so low risk. That's kind of the point. It's not all about you.
For many folks, it absolutely is. That has become abundantly clear.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 06:31 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You do realize the vaccinated can carry the virus also right?
[Reply]
Nirvana58 06:34 PM 09-15-2021
Don't know yet. I pray there isn't long term effects.

But if someone has already had covid. How is taking the vaccine going to help with that?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:42 PM 09-15-2021
Depends on the severity. I have lesions on my lungs that will never go away. Evidently, I am at a much higher risk now for early-onset dementia. There are some people that are abnormally young, 40 to 50 years old, that are and have shown signs of dementia.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:46 PM 09-15-2021
You do realize the vaccinated can carry the virus also right?
Assuming that you mean contracted instead of carry. You cannot "carry" it unless you have contracted the virus. You do know that there are lots of people that have also contracted Covid after having it 3 months prior?
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 06:47 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I assume if a booster isn't necessary then a shot sometime next year will be? Like the flu every year.
Follow the Benjamins.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:48 PM 09-15-2021
Don't know yet. I pray there isn't long term effects.

But if someone has already had covid. How is taking the vaccine going to help with that?
It will help because it has been proven to lower the viral load making it easier to recover with less side effects.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 07:21 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
1) How does a fully vaxxed, healthy looking 66 year old woman die of Covid? This happened just 30 miles from me - in the hospital where both of my kids were born, so it kinda hits home - and her kids are blaming the unvaxxed for her death

https://www.foxnews.com/us/vaccinate...nated-obituary
I spent three months studying the immune system to write a website for immunity supplements.

ADAPTIVE IMMUNITY is your body's third-level of immunity, where your body codes and creates "super fighters" (antibodies) to attack a specific and seriously harmful invader (covid, polio, measles, etc). When infected, your body initially goes through a gnarly defensive battle with the disease using regular means (white blood cells) and discovers that is not enough. So it creates a blueprint for special ANTIBODIES (the Y shaped things in vaccine diagrams) these antibodies are custom-coded to fit into a single specific pathogen (disease) like a lock and key. The antibody adheres to the disease pathogen (e.g. covid spiked ball) thus either tagging it for easier destruction by groups of the regular white blood cell army (like popping a red smoke grenade tagging for jets to drop napalm) and/or neutralizing it keeping it from replicating or causing more harm (like Dan Sorensen hanging onto a running back who is trying to get to the first down marker.)

The code for these antibodies remains in your body afterward. So if the pathogen (disease) returns, your antibody factory can immediately get to work making antibodies and slapping them onto all the spike covid balls. Faster. More thoroughly. Making the disease much less effective and less harmful, less severe, less symptoms, go away faster, etc.

Vaccines, create a harmless replica (fake) version of the protein Covid makes, so your body then codes the blueprint for the antibodies and store it in memory. (like training your dog to attack ducks by using decoys) Then, when/if you actually get Covid, your body now can immediately make and deploy the antibodies instead of having to figure it all out. So the Covid gets attacked (and hopefully beaten) faster and more completely.

Some people's (very rare) adaptive immune system doesn't perform the way it should perfectly or might have a blind spot for that specific code and that is the rare case you have vaccinated people still can die of Covid. This is why even with vaccines, masks are a good idea and the more people who are vaccinated the less the disease will spread because people have it for a much shorter time and less concentrated in their bodies so less contagious.

Again, Vaccines don't prevent you from catching or being exposed to the disease. They train and prepare your body to beat it down faster and more completely when you are exposed.

This is a very top-line simplification, I am not a doctor nor scientist, but this is how I can best explain it. Go to google or YouTube search "adaptive immunity" or "how vaccines work" for more detailed info.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 07:40 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Assuming that you mean contracted instead of carry. You cannot "carry" it unless you have contracted the virus. You do know that there are lots of people that have also contracted Covid after having it 3 months prior?
Vaccinated people can carry and spread the virus even if they have no symptoms.

I would love the data on reinfection. You would think we would have the data available in the US. But I have never been able to find those statistics.

Recent studies on the delta variant in Israel show people with prior covid infection are less at risk than those that have only been vaccinated. However, It is not settled science so more data on the subject would be enlightening.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 07:41 PM 09-15-2021
It will help because it has been proven to lower the viral load making it easier to recover with less side effects.
Again how does this help people who have already had covid? Damage is done the vaccine is not going to help that.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:47 PM 09-15-2021
Vaccinated people can carry and spread the virus even if they have no symptoms.

I would love the data on reinfection. You would think we would have the data available in the US. But I have never been able to find those statistics.

Recent studies on the delta variant in Israel show people with prior covid infection are less at risk than those that have only been vaccinated. However, It is not settled science so more data on the subject would be enlightening.
Asymptomatic people are still positive for the virus, therefore, can spread the virus until the virus has run its course.
I would also love to see those stats, I am sure many would still try and discount those numbers.
Why do people care so much about Isreal and what their studies conclude?
[Reply]
Nirvana58 07:53 PM 09-15-2021
Asymptomatic people are still positive for the virus, therefore, can spread the virus until the virus has run its course.
I would also love to see those stats, I am sure many would still try and discount those numbers.
Why do people care so much about Isreal and what their studies conclude?
Because they are using the same vaccine as the US and seem to be publishing data on the subject.
[Reply]
Page 3731 of 3903
« First < 2731323136313681372137273728372937303731 3732373337343735374137813831 > Last »
Up