ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3730 of 3903
« First < 2730323036303680372037263727372837293730 3731373237333734374037803830 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
suzzer99 11:10 AM 09-15-2021
Yeah I meant Soliris.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:12 AM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
That's just retarded, unless it actually cures the disease.
Not even sure if it will help. But they've already tried a million other things.

I assume the insurance company doesn't actually pay sticker price. What they actually do pay of course is a closely guarded secret because USA #1 healthcare.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:47 AM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Not even sure if it will help. But they've already tried a million other things.

I assume the insurance company doesn't actually pay sticker price. What they actually do pay of course is a closely guarded secret because USA #1 healthcare.
Looks like the patent expired march 2021(Europe may 22)hopefully that can make it more affordable , looks like only Ontario/Quebec cover the costs from the 6 year old article I found .

Maybe not

"With a Soliris biosimilar showing up in its rearview mirror, Alexion is piling on patents for its superexpensive drug, hoping to put some more distance between it and any sales-grabbing copies."
[Reply]
Nirvana58 02:49 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'll keep trying to combat the misperception that vaccines aren't safe in the long-term. We have literally never in the history of mankind had any vaccine that had side effects that didn't show up at first and did down the road. Ever. This is not debatable, and anyone who claims otherwise is wrong.

Worried about mRNA? You shouldn't be, but the J&J vaccine uses the tried and true method. It's less effective, but if you want an approach that seems less novel, there it is. Fears over "new technology" aren't a reasonable excuse to avoid getting vaccinated.
Since this post got so many up votes. Want to set the record straight on J&J vaccine. It also uses brand new tech that has only been used once before. With the Ebola vaccine that was approved in 2020.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:12 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Since this post got so many up votes. Want to set the record straight on J&J vaccine. It also uses brand new tech that has only been used once before. With the Ebola vaccine that was approved in 2020.
If we all used your definition of what is "new" or "experimental," it would take a decade for anything to be approved.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 03:40 PM 09-15-2021
If we all used your definition of what is "new" or "experimental," it would take a decade for anything to be approved.
By my definition you mean completely accurate but doesn't fit your narrative.

Long story short. All 3 vaccines provided in the US are made with tech that has never been approved or used before 2020. So to try and say that no vaccine in history has had long term effects not show up at the beginning as trying to justify these as completely safe. Is trying to compare apples to oranges.

You don't know if these vaccine have any long term effects. There has never been a vaccine like this before. So there is no prior data to go off of.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:43 PM 09-15-2021

Long story short. All 3 vaccines provided in the US are made with tech that has never been approved or used before 2020. So to try and say that no vaccine in history has had long term effects not show up at the beginning. Is trying to compare apples to oranges.

You don't know if these vaccine have any long term effects. There has never been a vaccine like this before. So there is no prior data to go off of.
Would you have preferred that zero vaccines be distributed at this point?
[Reply]
Nirvana58 03:45 PM 09-15-2021
Would you have preferred that zero vaccines be distributed at this point?
No I am rooting for the vaccine. I believe the tech is amazing and love its potential for other things like fighting cancer.

I think it should be a choice. Definitely should not be mandated. Especially to very low risk groups or people who have already had covid.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:49 PM 09-15-2021

Long story short. All 3 vaccines provided in the US are made with tech that has never been approved or used before 2020. So to try and say that no vaccine in history has had long term effects not show up at the beginning as trying to justify these as completely safe. Is trying to compare apples to oranges.

What exactly do you fear happening "long term?"
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 04:02 PM 09-15-2021
No I am rooting for the vaccine. I believe the tech is amazing and love its potential for other things like fighting cancer.

I think it should be a choice. Definitely should not be mandated. Especially to very low risk groups or people who have already had covid.
logical.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:57 PM 09-15-2021

#BREAKING - Trinidad & Tobago Health Minister Dr. Terrence Deyalsingh responds to swollen testicle claim made by Trinidad-born entertainer @NICKIMINAJ; says there is no such reported case in Trinidad & Tobago (TTT) pic.twitter.com/NNsc9EUTKP

— Kevz Politics (@KevzPolitics) September 15, 2021

[Reply]
Fish 05:11 PM 09-15-2021
It's true. Our balls are small.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:37 PM 09-15-2021
I stay away from covid talk pretty religiously, yet just can't help but ask these two questions

1) How does a fully vaxxed, healthy looking 66 year old woman die of Covid? This happened just 30 miles from me - in the hospital where both of my kids were born, so it kinda hits home - and her kids are blaming the unvaxxed for her death

https://www.foxnews.com/us/vaccinate...nated-obituary

Just can't see how its a true vaccine, if you can still be killed by incidental contact with a random strangers breath and/or surfaces
[Reply]
DaFace 05:40 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I stay away from covid talk pretty religiously, yet just can't help but ask these two questions

1) How does a fully vaxxed, healthy looking 66 year old woman die of Covid? This happened just 30 miles from me - in the hospital where both of my kids were born, so it kinda hits home - and her kids are blaming the unvaxxed for her death

Just can't see how its a true vaccine, if you can still be killed by incidental contact with a random strangers breath and/or surfaces
Seat belts help keep people alive, but people wearing seat belts still die in car accidents.

That's why they calculate effectiveness ratings.
[Reply]
Fish 05:46 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

Not a single vaccine ever produced has had 100% efficacy. You're applying an impossible standard.
[Reply]
Page 3730 of 3903
« First < 2730323036303680372037263727372837293730 3731373237333734374037803830 > Last »
Up