ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3725 of 3903
« First < 2725322536253675371537213722372337243725 3726372737283729373537753825 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:48 PM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
You ever hear of a uniform allowance?
I've heard of them. All of the offices I ever worked in had a dress code and I never got a uniform allowance. I guess I needed a better labor union.
[Reply]
O.city 04:36 PM 09-09-2021
https://twitter.com/davidwdowdy/stat...211882496?s=21

Found this interesting

Not sure the validity
[Reply]
jdubya 07:36 PM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I've heard of them. All of the offices I ever worked in had a dress code and I never got a uniform allowance. I guess I needed a better labor union.
My response was because of his very weak attempt against my argument of the company paying for the vaccine requirement. He mentioned dress codes and I responded in kind. Didn't you tell me McDonalds provided you with uniforms? Certainly you didn't have to buy those did you?

If you are a business owner and wanted to require testing, wouldn't your incentive be that you will pay for it? Or get tested on company time and be paid for your time? If you don't believe that you must be a paper boy somewhere and honestly out of touch
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:19 PM 09-09-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
You ever hear of a uniform allowance?
Sure. Some places have them; a LOT of places don't.

Companies should handle it however they like.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 12:52 PM 09-10-2021
https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ccine-studies/

Originally Posted by :
People who were not fully vaccinated this spring and summer were over 10 times more likely to be hospitalized, and 11 times more likely to die of covid-19 than those who were fully vaccinated, according to one of three major studies published Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that highlight the continued efficacy of all three vaccines amid the spread of the highly contagious delta variant.

A second study showed the Moderna coronavirus vaccine was moderately more effective in preventing hospitalizations than its counterparts from Pfizer-BioNTech and Johnson & Johnson. That assessment was based on the largest U.S. study to date of the real-world effectiveness of all three vaccines, involving about 32,000 patients seen in hospitals, emergency departments and urgent care clinics across nine states from June through early August.

While the three vaccines were collectively 86 percent effective in preventing hospitalization, protection was significantly higher among Moderna vaccine recipients (95 percent) than among those who got Pfizer-BioNTech (80 percent) or Johnson & Johnson (60 percent). That finding echoes a smaller study by the Mayo Clinic Health System in August, not yet peer reviewed, which also showed the Moderna vaccine with higher effectiveness than Pfizer-BioNTech at preventing infections during the delta wave.
Lots of interesting details in this article
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:16 PM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
You should be good in Estes. https://data.coloradoan.com/fires/

If you plan on going to RMNP make sure you get your timed entry permit. https://www.nps.gov/romo/planyourvis...mit-system.htm
Yep, the Mrs was on it and got ours.
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Nothing at the state level. Local counties can add their own mandates, but as far as I know no one has done so except Boulder County. And obviously individual businesses can do whatever they want.

In short, I'd carry a mask in yourpocket, and you'll see people wearing them here and there, but I'd be surprised if you go anywhere that requires it.
Masks required in the dispensaries. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:21 PM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ccine-studies/

Lots of interesting details in this article
That's fascinating. Makes me think I should consider moderna, if/when a booster is recommended.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:44 PM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
That's fascinating. Makes me think I should consider moderna, if/when a booster is recommended.
Have you seen anything on crossing the streams on getting a different shot than earlier ones? I was thinking the same thing earlier today about getting Moderna if boosters ever actually become necessary for anyone under 60.
[Reply]
Katipan 01:59 PM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Yep, the Mrs was on it and got ours.

Masks required in the dispensaries. :-) :-)
Not true but we don't care if you wear one.
[Reply]
NotDonger 02:10 PM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Sweet, so no mask mandates out there? We're on our way out the door for Estes Park as soon as I submit this post. Hopefully we don't get chased out by wildfires again.
As a resident of the great state of Colorado, welcome. We do not have a state mask mandate, although some cities and businesses are asking people to mask.

I've never been to "Estes Park," so I can't help there. But, I do know where the least expensive gasoline is available. Let me know if that would help in any way.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 02:36 PM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Biden plans to sign an executive order requiring all government employees be vaccinated against Covid-19, with no option of being regularly tested to opt out. The President will also sign an order directing the same standard be applied to employees of contractors who do business with the federal government
ridiculously dark stuff.
[Reply]
kstater 02:38 PM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by NotDonger:
As a resident of the great state of Colorado, welcome. We do not have a state mask mandate, although some cities and businesses are asking people to mask.

I've never been to "Estes Park," so I can't help there. But, I do know where the least expensive gasoline is available. Let me know if that would help in any way.
:-)

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Nirvana58 02:55 PM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
There is, literally, no such thing as "all the facts" and even you understand that. They are going to side with the preponderance of evidence, as they should.
That is the entire point. There is not a preponderance of evidence showing that people who had prior infection of covid need to be vaccinated.

Here is a link for Fauci when asked on the subject.

https://t.co/MXGQGinTbn

I know the video cuts off. I would love to have his full answer if someone can find the whole video. I have not had much luck but his reaction is very interesting.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:58 PM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
ridiculously dark stuff.
I've signed a lot of government contracts, and I've variously been required to use recycled paper, not hire illegal immigrants, not do business with Yemen and Syria, and a boatload of other things. I generally don't mind these things because they're common sense and they might eliminate some weirdo competitors.
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:34 AM 09-11-2021
Originally Posted by Katipan:
Not true but we don't care if you wear one.
Well the ones in Longmont and Lyons all seemed to. But I'm not complaining.
Originally Posted by NotDonger:

Thank you. Check out Estes sometime, it's a slice of heaven.

[Reply]
Page 3725 of 3903
« First < 2725322536253675371537213722372337243725 3726372737283729373537753825 > Last »
Up