ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3719 of 3903
« First < 2719321936193669370937153716371737183719 3720372137223723372937693819 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:06 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
When my risk is so low of getting that sick. Then why would I take medicine I don't need.
Your chance of being in a serious car wreck on any given car trip is so low, why bother wearing a seat belt?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:09 PM 09-08-2021
When my risk is so low of getting that sick. Then why would I take medicine I don't need. Especially a new type of medicine that has never been used before.

Plus there is data out there that people who have had covid are just as protected if not more than those that are just vaccinated.
Totally agree.

It makes complete sense that you'd feel more comfortable being infected by a bioweapon developed by Chinese scientists designed to kill people than you would a vaccine developed by an American company to protect people from said bioweapon.

I remain much more concerned about the unknowns surrounding the vaccine.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:10 PM 09-08-2021
One of my best friends got covid and let us know last wed. He was vaccinated and sick for about 12 hours. He was fine the next day to do yard work. Has felt fine since. Sounds like the vaccine kicked it's ass. We had a draft party for fantasy football with others and no one else tested positive as of yet and it's been about 14 days.

My other friend and his wife got covid 2 months ago and got bed ridden sick for 2 weeks. Both are thin people too no issues. They did not vaccinated but now are rethinking it cause they've never felt so sick in their life. Neither went to the hospital but definitely had a rough time and considered it.

I saw him a few weeks ago and he was doing better but still has breathing issues and lost his taste. His wife has had breathing issues a bit after but mostly ok.

Get vaccinated folks.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:23 PM 09-08-2021
Especially a new type of medicine that has never been used before.
Why do you think it is a new type? The flu vaccine has been an mRNA for over a decade now. The Sars vaccine has been being researched since the early 2000s. The current vaccine is the most researched and studied vaccine EVER.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:28 PM 09-08-2021
Can we divy up their shit yet? Or will all go to pay up medical bills.
[Reply]
Fish 08:33 PM 09-08-2021
I spent months trying to convince my mother to get vaccinated. She was very stubbornly against it. Finally talked her into the one shot vaccine last Friday. Then we had a birthday party for her on Sunday. Today she called me as said she'd got a bunch of symptoms and tested positive for covid.

Fuck.
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:33 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
One of my best friends got covid and let us know last wed. He was vaccinated and sick for about 12 hours. He was fine the next day to do yard work. Has felt fine since. Sounds like the vaccine kicked it's ass.
This is like the ideal scenario. I'm coming up on 6 months vaccinated. I seriously wouldn't mind getting a mild case of covid right now.
[Reply]
TLO 08:35 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
I spent months trying to convince my mother to get vaccinated. She was very stubbornly against it. Finally talked her into the one shot vaccine last Friday. Then we had a birthday party for her on Sunday. Today she called me as said she'd got a bunch of symptoms and tested positive for covid.

Sorry, Fish. Hope she recovers quickly.
[Reply]
Fish 08:40 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Sorry, Fish. Hope she recovers quickly.
Appreciate it. Of course, the first thing she said was the vaccine probably gave her the covid. :-)
[Reply]
TLO 08:46 PM 09-08-2021
Appreciate it. Of course, the first thing she said was the vaccine probably gave her the covid. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:04 PM 09-08-2021

Fuck.
Ugh. Hopefully she gets that 2nd shot when she's better. Hopefully it won't be too bad.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:05 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
This is like the ideal scenario. I'm coming up on 6 months vaccinated. I seriously wouldn't mind getting a mild case of covid right now.
Yeah, he has no complaints just felt crappy he said with cold/feverish symptoms. His wife and kids did not get it as of yet either since he quarantined once he got a test which was quick.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:58 PM 09-08-2021
https://www.news.com.au/national/alc...8dabec3e5b691c

:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:21 AM 09-09-2021
SMH.

Man, I'm all for net neutrality and free speech, but the ability of misinformation to just spread without consequences is really a problem.
[Reply]
carlos3652 07:32 AM 09-09-2021
What I think people need to understand also, is the fact that even if you are vaccinated - your immune system might have been good enough to thwart covid without its help.

Hear me out. Vaccines help. No doubt.

But pre vaccine - 40% of infected with covid were Asymptomatic and 80% would get no worse than mild symptoms.

Post vaccine - we learned that 80% are asymptomatic and 95% only suffer mild symptoms …

That shows protection.

That being said. Those same people who have covid who have take. the vaccine could have also been fine without it (assumption based on the numbers above) I can’t prove that obviously due to the fact that we will never know.

I guess my point is that the immune system in your body is badass - and fights off diseases every day and kicks it in the ass.

I think we have lost ourselves when we say that the vaccination is the only way to beat this when most do anyway.

I think the vulnerable and the elderly need it. I just think we are giving too much credit to it when covid existed before vaccines and there was a very high recovery rate and we know it killed off people that were super vulnerable.

Not a vaccine hate post - but also need to add some perspective because I think we have tipped over to the other side of, if you didn’t get a vaccine you are stupid and selfish and should have no rights.
[Reply]
Page 3719 of 3903
« First < 2719321936193669370937153716371737183719 3720372137223723372937693819 > Last »
Up