ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3679 of 3903
« First < 2679317935793629366936753676367736783679 3680368136823683368937293779 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:04 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Okay then....they don't feel comfortable with it for whatever reason, it's their life and choice. What else are you going to do? I am vaxxed so I don't care if the person next to me is or isn't. I respect their decision. Why would I throw a fit or jump up and down or scream at them? To what end? When have people GOS what others do regarding vaccines until now? Who is gaining from dividing everybody on yet another personal issue?
I personally don't care at all if someone else gets vaccinated. Feel free to inject yourself with horse dewormer or pool cleaner. Knock yourself out.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:17 PM 08-23-2021
Okay then....they don't feel comfortable with it for whatever reason, it's their life and choice. What else are you going to do? I am vaxxed so I don't care if the person next to me is or isn't. I respect their decision. Why would I throw a fit or jump up and down or scream at them? To what end? When have people GOS what others do regarding vaccines until now? Who is gaining from dividing everybody on yet another personal issue?
If they guy next you is the reason your surgery is delayed would you be upset?
[Reply]
Otter 12:27 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by :
If you experience severe side effects after getting a Covid vaccine, lawyers tell CNBC there is basically no one to blame in a U.S. court of law. The federal government has granted companies like Pfizer and Moderna immunity from liability if something unintentionally goes wrong with their vaccines.
No reason for suspicion or skepticism. Amirite?

Not playing the "holier than tho" but please don't act like there is no reason to be suspicious.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:30 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:

Not playing the "holier than tho" but please don't act like there is no reason to be suspicious.
Care to post the date of the article where you got this and explain its relevance on August 23, 2021?
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:35 PM 08-23-2021
Because it's never been about whether you get it or I get it, since everyone knows the individual chance is slim.

It's about multiplying that small chance by 350 million, then figuring out how the hell the healthcare system will handle it.

It's only a personal issue if you're also staying home and taking the necessary precautions... not being vaccinated and being careless about it makes it a societal issue.
[Reply]
Otter 12:38 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Care to post the date of the article where you got this and explain its relevance on August 23, 2021?
No, I'm not doing your Google for you. Copy / paste then click the search button.

It's relevance has to do with why people are hesitant to get the vaccine. Would you bind yourself to a legal agreement under those terms?

And people shoving their morals down others throats are not quiet as responsible but it's close.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:41 PM 08-23-2021
Drs in Florida walkout protest.

https://twitter.com/politicususa/sta...782769671?s=19
[Reply]
DaFace 12:42 PM 08-23-2021
No, I'm not doing your Google for you. Copy / paste then click the search button.

It's relevance has to do with why people are hesitant to get the vaccine. Would you bind yourself to a legal agreement under those terms?

And people shoving their morals down others throats are not quiet as responsible but it's close.
Well, I'll help I suppose. The article is from December 16, 2020. You're re-hashing arguments that are 9 months old. Ironically, the news today makes it more likely that there could be liability protections moving forward, which makes your posting it as if it's new news misleading and irrelevant.
[Reply]
Fish 01:01 PM 08-23-2021
I care because my grandmother has been needing a hernia surgery for over year, and it keeps getting delayed longer and longer because the hospital doesn't have enough staff to do non-emergency elective surgeries. Because the hospital has been full of idiots who didn't think they needed a vaccine, but immediately rushed to the hospital once they caught covid. When their preventable ignorance starts effecting my family, yeah I give a shit...
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:06 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:

I'm wondering if we'll get to the point where unvaccinated covid patients will move down the waiting list. I realize that the health system has an ethical obligation to treat the sickest patients first, but when you have a huge group of people who are sick by choice, I would argue that the ethical thing is to let them wait for the people who didn't choose to get sick.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:12 PM 08-23-2021

Feel free to be "suspicious" or "skeptical", but then examine the data and realize there is no reason to be either.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:14 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm wondering if we'll get to the point where unvaccinated covid patients will move down the waiting list. I realize that the health system has an ethical obligation to treat the sickest patients first, but when you have a huge group of people who are sick by choice, I would argue that the ethical thing is to let them wait for the people who didn't choose to get sick.
I don't think many would have a problem with that. Those folks should own the risk.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:16 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Oh, this is coming. Hospitals that are out of beds are going to start prioritizing.

Insurance companies are also going to stop agreeing to pay for even necessary treatment if you are hospitalized for COVID and not vaccinated.

So... if you choose not to vaccinate, get COVID, and end up in the hospital for a long period of time... guess what? You're footing the bill on you own and going to be begging the hospital to write off as much as it can and making monthly payments to that hospital for a LOOOOOONG time.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:18 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Oh, this is coming. Hospitals that are out of beds are going to start prioritizing.

Insurance companies are also going to stop agreeing to pay for even necessary treatment if you are hospitalized for COVID and not vaccinated.

So... if you choose not to vaccinate, get COVID, and end up in the hospital for a long period of time... guess what? You're footing the bill on you own and going to be begging the hospital to write off as much as it can and making monthly payments to that hospital for a LOOOOOONG time.
I can't imagine they're willing to pay now.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:27 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:

I don't always post in the non political Covid thread but when I do it a link to a political article from politcususa.
[Reply]
Page 3679 of 3903
« First < 2679317935793629366936753676367736783679 3680368136823683368937293779 > Last »
Up