ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3651 of 3903
« First < 2651315135513601364136473648364936503651 3652365336543655366137013751 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
phisherman 12:13 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
That guys wife didn't die because of covid patients. His wife died because she was sick. If the hospital thinks covid patients have priority, that's on them.

Hospitals are FOR profit. If their 15 to 40 beds are filling up for any reason, they don't have enough. That's on them.

Look at Research then look at St .Lukes. one looks like a hospital, the other a FANCY ASS OFFICE BULIDING. not a coinkydink how much the word money has been mentioned in this thread.
Saint Luke's Health System and all affiliated entities for not-for-profit.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:36 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Please, link the studies.
There's a site that compiles all the global HCQ Covid studies. Granted, those that include zinc is a very small %.

I wasn't just referring to studies, although there have been some really promising ones. I was referring to anecdotal evidence too. Of which there was an abundance. Of course, any mention of such things is erased from social media.

The question is....why are you convinced that zinc + hcq is not effective?
[Reply]
SupDock 01:22 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
There's a site that compiles all the global HCQ Covid studies. Granted, those that include zinc is a very small %.

I wasn't just referring to studies, although there have been some really promising ones. I was referring to anecdotal evidence too. Of which there was an abundance. Of course, any mention of such things is erased from social media.

Because in science, we don’t start with the assumption that something works. In fact, we try not to have an assumption either way. There hasn’t been any clinical data to show it works, so why would I use it?

I’m not a clinical researcher, so I generally don’t use unproven therapies.

Anecdotal evidence is the worst kind of evidence. In the beginning of the pandemic I wasn’t seeing patients who were very sick, mainly due to screening processes. And guess what, none of them were hospitalized after I diagnosed them with Covid-19. That doesn’t mean I did anything that kept them from getting sick.

I could have prescribed ivermectin, azithromycin, plaquenil, or whatever and then claimed that is what kept them from being hospitalized. The reality is that they just were not that sick, mostly due to selection bias.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 01:29 PM 08-12-2021
Completely anecdotal, but the sister-in-law had a kidney transplant a little over a year ago. She already had a 3rd vaccine dose, probably 2 or 3 weeks ago. She has to this point zero measurable antibody response. If you look at the numbers for solid organ transplant recipients, it's worrisome and why they are pushing for a 3rd shot. Still, was shocked when she told me her results.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:30 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Completely anecdotal, but the sister-in-law had a kidney transplant a little over a year ago. She already had a 3rd vaccine dose, probably 2 or 3 weeks ago. She has to this point zero measurable antibody response. If you look at the numbers for solid organ transplant recipients, it's worrisome and why they are pushing for a 3rd shot. Still, was shocked when she told me her results.
I assume that's because of the treatments? My brother-in-law is dealing with a form of bone cancer, and they've told him he needs to get re-vaccinated after he wraps up his chemo and transplant because it will basically wipe out his immune system.
[Reply]
SupDock 01:31 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
This is one of the reasons why vaccination is so important, for at risk people who the vaccine doesn’t create antibodies.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:29 PM 08-12-2021

Again, why are you all in on hcq but not on the vaccine?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:32 PM 08-12-2021
Because in science, we don’t start with the assumption that something works. In fact, we try not to have an assumption either way. There hasn’t been any clinical data to show it works, so why would I use it?

Anecdotal evidence is the worst kind of evidence. In the beginning of the pandemic I wasn’t seeing patients who were very sick, mainly due to screening processes. And guess what, none of them were hospitalized after I diagnosed them with Covid-19. That doesn’t mean I did anything that kept them from getting sick.

I could have prescribed ivermectin, azithromycin, plaquenil, or whatever and then claimed that is what kept them from being hospitalized. The reality is that they just were not that sick, mostly due to selection bias.
That sounds suspect, as I don't believe you've ever practiced medicine on Twitter.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:35 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
That sounds suspect, as I don't believe you've ever practiced medicine on Twitter.
He only has like 12 followers!
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:54 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Again, why are you all in on hcq but not on the vaccine?
All I've said is that it's been irrationally suppressed and demonized, and for all the wrong reasons.
[Reply]
sedated 02:54 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
She was really sick but was on a video conference call?
"Pretty sick", as in noticeable. Not asymptomatic.

I don't doubt she will be fine, but that's the first vaxxed person I've known that's gotten infected plus actually gotten sick.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:09 PM 08-12-2021
All I've said is that it's been irrationally suppressed and demonized, and for all the wrong reasons.
Shouldn't you be similarly supporting the vaccines, which have been irrationally demonized?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:23 PM 08-12-2021

Are you not a believer in the power of zinc?

There's plenty of evidence that zinc inhibits viral replication, including in Covid patients. HCQ is only useful to channel the zinc into cells. It makes little sense that nearly all the studies involve HCQ by itself.

There are also studies that have shown zinc deficiency in a significant number of Covid patients, along with more complications and higher mortality.
[Reply]
Fish 08-12-2021, 03:33 PM
This message has been deleted by Fish. Reason: Pointless
DaFace 03:36 PM 08-12-2021
I saw that, Fish. :-)

If only others would learn as well...
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:40 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Shouldn't you be similarly supporting the vaccines, which have been irrationally demonized?
You really think that's a good comparison?
[Reply]
Page 3651 of 3903
« First < 2651315135513601364136473648364936503651 3652365336543655366137013751 > Last »
Up