ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3629 of 3903
« First < 2629312935293579361936253626362736283629 3630363136323633363936793729 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SupDock 03:39 PM 08-08-2021
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
https://www.ncbi.:-).nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7645850/
Published online 2020 Dec 4.

Early on with the vaccine there was a some concern with ADE, and the possibility that people would get sicker the second time they contracted COVID. These researchers wanted more prominent informed consent with the vaccine.

I’m not aware of any instances of ADE with SARS-CoV-2
[Reply]
TLO 04:29 PM 08-08-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Published online 2020 Dec 4.

Early on with the vaccine there was a some concern with ADE, and the possibility that people would get sicker the second time they contracted COVID. These researchers wanted more prominent informed consent with the vaccine.

I’m not aware of any instances of ADE with SARS-CoV-2
There are no instances of ADE to be found
[Reply]
TLO 04:39 PM 08-08-2021
I am still interested in what our exit strategy is here. If the delta variant is as infectious as stated, I'm not sure we'll ever vaccinate enough of the population to completely rid ourselves of it. Unless it becomes mandated for people to attend work/school, etc. Theoretically it's going to burn itself out at some point, but there's obviously still a lot of the population for it to burn through.

What % of the population is going to need booster shots? What's the time table on this?

I honestly thought we'd be done with this shit by now.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:44 PM 08-08-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Why did you expect them to do as you hoped?

This has been something everyone should have expected from the start. I think a lot of people live in a bubble and don't actually understand the actual people that make this country what it is. Lets just start with the fact that this country was founded on "**** you, I'll do what I want". 200+ hundred years later and this country is still very strongly "**** you, I'll do what I want". It does not matter the cost. It's what drove this beast to becoming a superpower.

The message from the top has been so horrible I'm surprised we're as far along as we are. They politicized the vaccine before it was even available and the list of mistakes snowballed from there. You can't motive a populace based on freedom with a clown show. They're going to point and laugh.

I personally don't want to be around when this balance changes, because it's going to be ugly.
People should get vaccinated because it's the smart, safe thing to do.

I think we're readily aware that we can't force people, willfully idiotic or otherwise, to do the right thing.
[Reply]
TLO 04:45 PM 08-08-2021
Just read a story where a doctor who shall not be named thinks the FDA will approve the boosters sometime in August. This would be for the elderly, primarily.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:46 PM 08-08-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I am still interested in what our exit strategy is here. If the delta variant is as infectious as stated, I'm not sure we'll ever vaccinate enough of the population to completely rid ourselves of it. Unless it becomes mandated for people to attend work/school, etc. Theoretically it's going to burn itself out at some point, but there's obviously still a lot of the population for it to burn through.

What % of the population is going to need booster shots? What's the time table on this?

I honestly thought we'd be done with this shit by now.
We probably need vaccination, masks, and social distancing from just about everyone to completely get rid of it. That's simply not going to happen for many reasons, including people like me who don't tend to wear masks.
[Reply]
notorious 04:47 PM 08-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
People should get vaccinated because it's the smart, safe thing to do.

I think we're readily aware that we can't force people, willfully idiotic or otherwise, to do the right thing.
Great.

Let er' rip, then.

People need to live (or die) with the consequences of their actions.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 04:57 PM 08-08-2021
I'm in my 30s and someone I grew up with just died of COVID. He was a hardcore "the media is just trying to scare you" type, never got vaccinated and he paid the price.
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:12 PM 08-08-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I'll admit I am very frustrated at this point and prone to lashing out. I know I am not helping, but damn I can't help replay in my head how this should be done and buried, but a lot of Americans of different stripes aren't doing what it takes.
Blame the government messaging on all of this the last 18 months spanning 2 administrations for totally botching the messaging out the gate on vaccines, ,masks, and many other things and doubling down a few times on stupid.

Its not political because its both administrations, its just incompetence from a lot of people doing the exact opposite with vaccine messaging they should have.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:52 PM 08-08-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Blame the government messaging on all of this the last 18 months spanning 2 administrations for totally botching the messaging out the gate on vaccines, ,masks, and many other things and doubling down a few times on stupid.

Its not political because its both administrations, its just incompetence from a lot of people doing the exact opposite with vaccine messaging they should have.
Yeah, plus the CDC and then Fauci looking more like a talk show celebrity who would rather bask in the spotlight than give the facts. And of course the media helping to politicize everything and run to the extreme ends of the spectrum.

And then the youtube docs, twitter, social media misinformation. And then add to it that most people are truly horrible at math and probably don't take the time to really educate themselves.

It mind boggling that after a year and a half, people still don't know the basic facts, and that's such a huge failure from the top down.

I remember back in March thinking.... well, if we ever have another pandemic, hopefully we have solid standards that could be a federal thing and not state thing. Percentage of cases or hospital capacity, etc; then you're masking up and then shutting down large gatherings and so and and so forth.

Yet, we're in round two and it's just as much of a clusterfuck as last time, with hospitals in Missouri struggling while 80,000 people show up at Arrowhead for a concert. :-)
[Reply]
TLO 06:05 PM 08-08-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, plus the CDC and then Fauci looking more like a talk show celebrity who would rather bask in the spotlight than give the facts. And of course the media helping to politicize everything and run to the extreme ends of the spectrum.

And then the youtube docs, twitter, social media misinformation. And then add to it that most people are truly horrible at math and probably don't take the time to really educate themselves.

It mind boggling that after a year and a half, people still don't know the basic facts, and that's such a huge failure from the top down.

I remember back in March thinking.... well, if we ever have another pandemic, hopefully we have solid standards that could be a federal thing and not state thing. Percentage of cases or hospital capacity, etc; then you're masking up and then shutting down large gatherings and so and and so forth.

Yet, we're in round two and it's just as much of a cluster**** as last time, with hospitals in Missouri struggling while 80,000 people show up at Arrowhead for a concert. :-)
Hopefully we have 80000 people showing up for football games too...
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:24 PM 08-08-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Hopefully we have 80000 people showing up for football games too...
At least they'll be watching Patrick Mahomes and not at some shitty country concert. :-)
[Reply]
BigBeauford 06:32 PM 08-08-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

I'm done with making it strictly political, because the data tells us just as many who vote left, particularly minority communities at the moment, are abstaining as a hard right individual. That's why my anger is at the unvaccinated, rather a particular party.
[Reply]
carlos3652 06:44 PM 08-08-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I'm done with making it strictly political, because the data tells us just as many who vote left, particularly minority communities at the moment, are abstaining as a hard right individual. That's why my anger is at the unvaccinated, rather a particular party.
Just wait until the next thing we can be divided by, our individual "not hate group" continues to shrink..

first religious, then political, now health, who knows whats coming next...
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:16 PM 08-08-2021

Young patients with best case scenario - trach’ed, PEG’ed, walking with a walker in acute rehab. Not able to work for years but with a huge insurance bill.

— Bao Tran, MD (@BaoGTran) August 8, 2021

It's not just about dying. Even if these people live, they're going to have massive problems and astronomical bills for the forseeable future.
[Reply]
Page 3629 of 3903
« First < 2629312935293579361936253626362736283629 3630363136323633363936793729 > Last »
Up