ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3251 of 3903
« First < 2251275131513201324132473248324932503251 32523253325432553261330133513751 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:44 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Having a higher per capita death rate than your neighbors while still having businesses go under is actually worse. Unless you don't care about the death rate.
Depends how you calculate it. Sweden has a very aggressive labeling where anyone that dies with a positive Covid test gets counted as a Covid death. Their excess mortality is one of the best in Europe.

Also, their economy is looking to be down almost 3 percent. UK looks worse than 11 percent. So no, you can't expect no contraction in a connected world (Sweden is heavily connected to lockdown countries) as well as some people who just don't won't go out but I would MUCH rather have spent the last year in Stockholm than London.

Stockholm, Sweden. No masks, no lockdown, still selling blue bags, meatballs and sofas. pic.twitter.com/uk9HAtqI9B

— Björn Fri (@bjornfri2020) November 5, 2020

[Reply]
Monticore 03:00 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Well, that would be news to the politicians here where I live. Our hospital numbers are surging and all they can say is Mask Harder. BTW, we have been wearing masks for 7 months and shut down business again.
Do you think minimizing the effectiveness of masks had hindered compliance or their use outside of mandatory locations, wearing a mask to go inside a restaurant then spending the next hour eating/drinking without it on could also be reducing their effectiveness.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:08 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Do you think minimizing the effectiveness of masks had hindered compliance or their use outside of mandatory locations, wearing a mask to go inside a restaurant then spending the next hour eating/drinking without it on could also be reducing their effectiveness.
I personally don't think they work but I wear mine where required as I prefer to shop without hassles. I do remember when the mandates started that people suddenly stopped social distancing and would walk up to within inches of others at places like the grocery store.

I don't wear a mask while driving though I see a lot of people doing that or when waking outside.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:16 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Some of these larger hospitals are going to have a leg up when it comes to the Pfizer vaccine. You have to order a minimum of 975 doses, and prove you're going to be able to use them.

The Moderna vaccine actually seems a lot more practical. You only have to order 100 doses and the requirements for storage are much less stringent.
I'd rather take the Pfizer vaccine simply because it's only 21 days between doses instead of 28.
[Reply]
Donger 04:48 PM 12-07-2020
Though there are still hurdles for vaccine candidates to jump, Moncef Slaoui, chief scientific adviser of Operation Warp Speed, said he hopes to see a "quite significant" drop in coronavirus illness and death among the elderly population quickly.

Noting that 40% to 50% of US deaths are coming from elderly Americans residing in long-term care facilities, Slaoui told CNN, "We should be able to have immunized that full population, and the health care workers that take care of them by the end of the month of December or by the middle of the month of January."

By the middle of March, he said, the United States should have vaccinated its highly susceptible population, which is about 100 million people, while the rest of the country "will not all have the vaccine in our arms before May or June."
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:28 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Though there are still hurdles for vaccine candidates to jump, Moncef Slaoui, chief scientific adviser of Operation Warp Speed, said he hopes to see a "quite significant" drop in coronavirus illness and death among the elderly population quickly.

Noting that 40% to 50% of US deaths are coming from elderly Americans residing in long-term care facilities, Slaoui told CNN, "We should be able to have immunized that full population, and the health care workers that take care of them by the end of the month of December or by the middle of the month of January."

By the middle of March, he said, the United States should have vaccinated its highly susceptible population, which is about 100 million people, while the rest of the country "will not all have the vaccine in our arms before May or June."
Wow. That's impressive.
[Reply]
stumppy 05:33 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I'd rather take the Pfizer vaccine simply because it's only 21 days between doses instead of 28.
Doesn't look like there'll be enough of that one.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...er/ar-BB1bIraE

Trump officials passed on additional Pfizer vaccine doses in summer:

Rockford WIFR-LD logoTrump officials passed on additional Pfizer vaccine doses in summer

ROCKFORD, Ill. (WIFR) - Trump administration officials passed when Pfizer offered in late summer to sell the U.S. government additional doses of its COVID-19 vaccine, according to people familiar with the matter, per the New York Times............
[Reply]
Donger 05:38 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Wow. That's impressive.
Indeed. And will drop the death rate in almost half.
[Reply]
TLO 06:12 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Doesn't look like there'll be enough of that one.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...er/ar-BB1bIraE

Trump officials passed on additional Pfizer vaccine doses in summer:

Rockford WIFR-LD logoTrump officials passed on additional Pfizer vaccine doses in summer

ROCKFORD, Ill. (WIFR) - Trump administration officials passed when Pfizer offered in late summer to sell the U.S. government additional doses of its COVID-19 vaccine, according to people familiar with the matter, per the New York Times............
I didn't read the article, but I'm guessing this has nothing to do with how many initial doses will be avaliable. Beyond the initial doses, it really won't matter that much.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:28 PM 12-07-2020
1 million new positive cases in the last 5 days just in the USA.
[Reply]
R Clark 07:48 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Why do you need the Dept. of Health? Why are the people in charge there not making them quarantine and\or get tested?
You got me you have county commissioners who are in charge but department heads are elected. I really don’t know other than nobody’s do jack shit about it
[Reply]
Strongside 08:08 PM 12-07-2020
Everyone negative in my house, thank goodness. Just seasonal cold virus.
[Reply]
TLO 08:35 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Glad to hear it!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:55 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Glad to hear.
[Reply]
O.city 07:43 AM 12-08-2020
https://twitter.com/dho/status/1336299574705709059?s=21
[Reply]
Page 3251 of 3903
« First < 2251275131513201324132473248324932503251 32523253325432553261330133513751 > Last »
Up