ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1004 of 3903
« First < 450490495499410001001100210031004 100510061007100810141054110415042004 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 07:10 PM 04-01-2020
okay glass half full...while 972 people have died in the last 24 hours 1800+ have officially recovered......
[Reply]
LoneWolf 07:11 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
**** you bitch. Let her come into your Mom's house where you live in her basement and touch everything there if you think you are so tough watching the video on a computer.. Dumbass.
She wasn’t in my mom’s house. She was in a store where items were sat out for customers to look at. Is nobody supposed to touch them? Did anyone force people to go to that store and hang out in the electronics department?

If people are worried about this, don’t touch shit.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:12 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Here's some hope. A possible treatment that attacks the virus is going to US military trials.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/01/doctor...onavirus-cure/
Mother of God....I hope that pans out. That would be fucking awesome.
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:12 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Belton is and has always been a shithole. It's residents are goddam lunatics.

What is there to explain
Just curious what prompted that post at that time. Did something happen in Belton today?
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:14 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Mother of God....I hope that pans out. That would be ****ing awesome.
Two weeks ago I watched an interview he did and he claimed within 3-4 weeks he was confident they would come up with a treatment that would attack the virus in the body. Hopefully it works.
[Reply]
TLO 07:15 PM 04-01-2020
That is a scary situation but in the bigger picture is it any different than any other medical condition? Why did you have an aneurysm and survive but someone who had the same kind died? Why is it you had a heart attack with worse blockage and live but someone in much better health dropped dead? Why did you survive a stroke and someone else didn't? Why did your progressive cancer respond to treatment but someone else's not-so-progressive cancer kill them in a 3 weeks?

I just think that while it is something we want to understand we can ask that same question in just about every scenario when it comes to things like that.
That's very rational. I appreciate the response.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:16 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
She wasn’t in my mom’s house. She was in a store where items were sat out for customers to look at. Is nobody supposed to touch them? Did anyone force people to go to that store and hang out in the electronics department?

If people are worried about this, don’t touch shit.
Whatever you say man. Have a good day.
[Reply]
TLO 07:17 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Here's some hope. A possible treatment that attacks the virus is going to US military trials.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/01/doctor...onavirus-cure/
That's pretty great... but a long time a way from making a difference. :-)

I wish we had something now.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:21 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
That's pretty great... but a long time a way from making a difference. :-)

I wish we had something now.
We all do. If it works it won't help with the current situation but could take recurrence in the fall and after something to not be afraid of.
[Reply]
Donger 07:22 PM 04-01-2020
That is a scary situation but in the bigger picture is it any different than any other medical condition? Why did you have an aneurysm and survive but someone who had the same kind died? Why is it you had a heart attack with worse blockage and live but someone in much better health dropped dead? Why did you survive a stroke and someone else didn't? Why did your progressive cancer respond to treatment but someone else's not-so-progressive cancer kill them in a 3 weeks?

I just think that while it is something we want to understand we can ask that same question in just about every scenario when it comes to things like that.
Aneurysms and heart attacks aren't contagious.
[Reply]
O.city 07:24 PM 04-01-2020
It was always gonna be an antibody. Regeneron thinks it can have one out in the Summer.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:25 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Somehow this haughty ass-wipe has a white-knight brigade.

They just want a bottle of Pappy.

Spoiler!
You sure are being an ass maybe you need the ass-wipe.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:29 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Listen, you dumb ****, I already said it was stupid. It’s not against the law is what I said. If you’re such a scared pussy, lock yourself in your house and we’ll see you in a few months.
Just chiming in to say this is what everyone should do.

Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Just curious what prompted that post at that time. Did something happen in Belton today?
The Belton sheriff said that he would not enforce anybody’s staying home because it is against their rights for the government to quarantine people in their house. It’s just tacks on to the Belton guy who tried to shoot up a hospital
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:34 PM 04-01-2020
Personally someone should have just dropped the bitch cold.
This. She definitely deserves to have someone just walk up and knock her out and walk away like dropping a mic.
[Reply]
DanT 07:34 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Costco has toilet paper today.

Good to hear. That's where we normally get our toilet paper and paper towels. We have enough for the next week or three, but on Saturday I ordered some toilet paper and paper towels from Amazon as backup supplies. They arrived today, 12 boxes of plushi paper (RV toilet paper) and a box with 16 packages (135 sheets each) of Tork Express Hand Towels, those multifold towels we have at work. :-) A dispenser for the Hand Towels arrives next week. When normality returns, we'll just put the dispenser in in the laundry room or the guest bathroom and use up the towels that way. We might never use the RV toilet paper.
[Reply]
Page 1004 of 3903
« First < 450490495499410001001100210031004 100510061007100810141054110415042004 > Last »
Up