ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 17
« First < 61213141516 17 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Cowboys Trade Undrafted CB Charvarious Ward To Chiefs [for Ehinger]
okiedokieokoye 05:01 PM 08-30-2018
Todd Archer

@toddarcher
Follow Follow @toddarcher
More
The Dallas Cowboys have agreed to trade undrafted rookie cornerback Charvarius Ward to the Kansas City Chiefs, sources told @AdamSchefter and me. It is expected to be finalized Friday.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:36 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I saw 3-4 damn good throw/catch combos, especially on those quick hitters.

We had good coverage, Baker just made a perfect throw and his receiver fought for the ball.

That was a really good game from Cleveland and they sure looked to be exceptionally well coached. I saw enough from them to be stunned if they didn't win the North.
Stefanski drew up some really really good plays.

But Pitts D is still tough, and depending on if the officials still let Pitt just do whatever they want, they can be a tough out. Ravens are still the Ravens, and Jackson can beat you if you go to sleep for a play.

Bengals aren't winning both, but looked good enough to steal a game and play spoiler.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:38 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
The original Ward thread.

I'm sick of seeing QB's pick on this dude, with relative success. I'm ready for his replacement to step up.

He's consistently the weak link opposing QB's target in coverage, outside of our shittiest coverage linebacker (historically Niemann). Once Gay is back from IR, I fully expect Ward to be targeted 5-10 times per game.

He's not Philip Gaines bad, but he's not "good", either.
The fuck you talking about :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:40 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
It was a perfect encapsulation of how being shitty vs the run just flows downhill.

When you are consistently asked to stop 2nd and 3, you aren't gonna be very successful.
Yep.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:09 PM 09-14-2021
There weren’t really wide open receivers, just really sharp throws, great routes and solid hands by Cleveland. If Ward was the weak link, I’ll take it.
[Reply]
-King- 02:15 PM 09-14-2021
Ward doesn't get beat but he doesn't have the best ball tracking skills. So he doesn't get the PBUs and interceptions he could get. I remember him talking about how him getting lasik would help him with that but it hasn't so far
Just seems like a skill he lacks. He'll cover a guy well but allow the completion instead of batting the ball down or punching the ball out.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 05:58 PM 09-14-2021
Still better than Ehinger.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:08 PM 09-14-2021
Ward is known for being especially hard on the Beaver.

Well, some of you are now being hard on Ward.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:13 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Ward is known for being especially hard on the Beaver.
I'm always hard on the beaver, too.
[Reply]
bsp4444 07:24 PM 09-14-2021
There was a play where Ward brought down the receiver after a gain and he gave Thornhill a look that said “where were you, dude?” Thornhill had some great plays, but he has holes in his game.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:33 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by bsp4444:
There was a play where Ward brought down the receiver after a gain and he gave Thornhill a look that said “where were you, dude?” Thornhill had some great plays, but he has holes in his game.
Young guys are going to occasionally make mistakes against good teams. He had a rough 1st half, but more than made up for it in the 2nd.

That doesn’t mean he has “holes in his game”. It’s a learning experience.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:45 AM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Ward didn't play badly. Not that I saw anyway. He was right there most of the time, and missed making a spectacular play on the ball at least 2-3 times. The fact is that the catches on him were really great catches in those instances.
AGAIN, Ward is the king of being within one yard of the person he is covering when they make the catch.

He very rarely makes a play on the ball, and usually looks surprised when his man makes the catch.

The only thing keeping him from being complete garbage is the fact that he tackles the receiver or TE when they make the catch, which makes it look like he didn't get beat.

But, to me, it's the corner's job to PREVENT the WR or TE from catching the ball, and he absolutely sucks at it.

But, as Chiefs fans we remember the likes of the William Bartees, the Gaines, and Stephen Nelsons, etc. of the past, and because Ward isn't that type of bad, he somehow gets a pass, and even gets praised.

Imagine how good we could be on defense with at least one CB who could consistently prevent a receiver from catching the ball.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
hometeam 06:56 AM 09-15-2021
lets trade him for Phillip Gaines
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:50 AM 11-22-2021
Maybe some day Chiefs fans will finally respect this man. Dude is a #1 Cornerback for the SB champion KC Chiefs. Ward came back, secondary started playing a lot better. He's got the size and speed, and he's been playing against the best WR for the opposing team for years now.

Yeah, maybe he doesn't always have the best ball skills, but the man covers and tackles.

Always has. Fuck the haters.

Ward is a baller.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:50 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Maybe some day Chiefs fans will finally respect this man. Dude is a #1 Cornerback for the SB champion KC Chiefs. Ward came back, secondary started playing a lot better. He's got the size and speed, and he's been playing against the best WR for the opposing team for years now.

Yeah, maybe he doesn't always have the best ball skills, but the man covers and tackles.

Always has. Fuck the haters.

Ward is a baller.
:-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:52 AM 11-22-2021
What a steal this trade was. Wow
[Reply]
Page 16 of 17
« First < 61213141516 17 >
Up