ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 341
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Dunit35 05:32 PM 02-09-2017
Picked up my Colt today. It's pretty sweet. Can't wait to take it out.

I thought I had a few hundred rounds from my last 45 i owned. Guess I have 900 rnds saved up.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:00 PM 02-09-2017
Pics or it didn't happen!
[Reply]
Dunit35 06:16 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Pics or it didn't happen!
It's a hassle posting pictures from my phone or I would.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:22 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
It's a hassle posting pictures from my phone or I would.
I understand completely. I upload stuff to my computer and then post it from there.
[Reply]
srvy 06:37 PM 02-09-2017
My late father was a reloaded and taught me and I've been doing it ever since. I have a Hornaday press scales and powder drop and ream. I have various cal. Case resize and bullet seating dies. Don't waste money here you will be hard pressed to do better than rcbs. Single stage is fine for rifle loads for hunting and begining. But trust me for handgun get the best multi stage progressive you can afford. Dad had an old pacific but parts are impossible to find and all I can figure is he tossed it or gave away. Go easy on the case lube there is a happy medium between to little and to much. One is a stuck case the other is dented brass. Get a case extractor don't ruin your expensive dies. Have a good quiet spot don't let distraction take you away and forget where ya left off. Try to Finnish a task before taking a break such as reseat all the primers don't leave any stage half done. Scale weigh all your charges at first till you get a grain powder weight, bullet etc that groups at the bench and you will find a sweet spot. The you can experiment with the powder drop. This is particularly repetitive you pull it same way everytime. So if you pull pick your nose and scratch your ear and get a accurate charge do that everytime you will be surprised how accurate it can be. Also weigh those charges randomly. It's fun and seeing your results at bench will keep you doing the work. Handgun without multi stage press is work and will frustrate. Those rounds aren't as important unless your a match shooter. Have fun.
[Reply]
srvy 06:55 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by Trivers:
Within the past year, I jumped into reloading.

It was not as hard as I expected. YouTube is your friend.

Went with a progressive press: Hornady L&L AP. $389 from Midsouth Shooters WITH 500 bullets FREE from Hornady...a ~$100 value for .30 150 gr. So my effective cost was ~$290.

Many people say "Start with a single press; then upgrade to a progressive 5 stage press". Why? Dumb to spend $$$ on something you will outgrow. I started with one station, learned that, then added additional stations as my expertise grew.

You can find good deals on armslist.com from individuals...but you have to know what you are buying and current street prices.

Have fun!!
If you buy a used progressive make sure powder measure dies are still available.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:34 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by Trivers:
Within the past year, I jumped into reloading.

It was not as hard as I expected. YouTube is your friend.

Went with a progressive press: Hornady L&L AP. $389 from Midsouth Shooters WITH 500 bullets FREE from Hornady...a ~$100 value for .30 150 gr. So my effective cost was ~$290.

Many people say "Start with a single press; then upgrade to a progressive 5 stage press". Why? Dumb to spend $$$ on something you will outgrow. I started with one station, learned that, then added additional stations as my expertise grew.

You can find good deals on armslist.com from individuals...but you have to know what you are buying and current street prices.

Have fun!!
This one?

[Reply]
Frazod 09:42 PM 02-09-2017
This is the one we use - Dillon 1050 autodrive.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:44 PM 02-09-2017
This is the one we use - Dillon 1050 autodrive.

Looks like a CNC....

Ya know, if we have that doo-hicky running CP, we'd never go down again!
[Reply]
Frazod 09:49 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Looks like a CNC....

Ya know, if we have that doo-hicky running CP, we'd never go down again!
That is definitely not the case.

As Scotty once said, the more they overtake the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain. :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:04 PM 02-09-2017
That is definitely not the case.

As Scotty once said, the more they overtake the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain. :-)
Given the brass is good from the last shoot, what's the price, per round, to reload.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:08 PM 02-09-2017
Given the brass is good from the last shoot, what's the price, per round, to reload.
I honestly don't know.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:22 PM 02-09-2017
I honestly don't know.
Tell them if they setup for .243 and I might make a drive your way to, well, pick up some product and make it worth there while.

~$.60 per round pisses me off! But I took a stick, AND A PUCK, off the same God damned shin at hockey practice, therefore and forthwith I'm drinking in hopes with hurt stops hurting, so I'm kinda nuts right now!
[Reply]
Frazod 10:26 PM 02-09-2017
Tell them if they setup for .243 and I might make a drive your way to, well, pick up some product and make it worth there while.

~$.60 per round pisses me off! But I took a stick, AND A PUCK, off the same God damned shin at hockey practice, therefore and forthwith I'm drinking in hopes with hurt stops hurting, so I'm kinda nuts right now!
Good luck with that. I've been trying to get him to add .308 to the mix ever since I got that M1A. He does have an AR10, so I figure he'll do it eventually, but he's pretty much only concerned with the stuff he uses for three gun. Dude goes through thousands of rounds a year.

And he doesn't own a .243.

Also.... ouch!
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 10:37 PM 02-09-2017
Kimber 1911 Pro Carry II

[Reply]
Page 55 of 341
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Up