ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 296 of 341
« First < 196246286292293294295296 297298299300306 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
MIAdragon 08:44 AM 08-10-2021
Need some CP opinion, looking at the DDM4 PDW in 300 blackout. I really like the subsonic/suppressed combo for home defense. I also like the ability to penetrate and still have the velocity to do work. Should I be looking at another caliber?
[Reply]
Cheater5 09:10 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Need some CP opinion, looking at the DDM4 PDW in 300 blackout. I really like the subsonic/suppressed combo for home defense. I also like the ability to penetrate and still have the velocity to do work. Should I be looking at another caliber?

I considered the same, but the cost of 300 BLK ammunition even before current events has kept me from delving into a seventh ammo type. Once you get your gun set up the way you want it, you're close to $3.5K to $4K or so. And now you gotta buy what-- at least a 1000-2000 rounds at .70 cents/round?

Having said that-- I still toy with the idea of buying a 300 BO upper and suppressing it to slay pigs.

If money isn't a concern, then by all means I think your logic is sound.
[Reply]
Fish 11:37 PM 08-10-2021
Currently available at Gardner Walmart for $18 a box. Limit 3. They had about 15 more boxes on the shelf...

[Reply]
Sofa King 07:46 AM 08-11-2021
I've been seeing a lot more ammo showing up in Walmart and Cabelas. Seems like things are starting to rebound some around here.
[Reply]
hometeam 08:03 AM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
I've been seeing a lot more ammo showing up in Walmart and Cabelas. Seems like things are starting to rebound some around here.
Ammo is starting to come back, i was able to buy both .40 and 10mm for a decent price from midway a few weeks back
[Reply]
Bwana 10:48 AM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Ammo is starting to come back, i was able to buy both .40 and 10mm for a decent price from midway a few weeks back

That's great, but just remember the history of these things. At some point, there will be something that's' going to happen, that will drive prices through the roof again. The bottom line, if the ammo you are looking for is available and it's at a reasonable price, buy in bulk.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:16 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Bwana:
That's great, but just remember the history of these things. At some point, there will be something that's' going to happen, that will drive prices through the roof again. The bottom line, if the ammo you are looking for is available and it's at a reasonable price, buy in bulk.
I've been seeing more on Palmetto...unfortunately the prices haven't come down.

I'm thinking there was a gentlemens agreement between manufacturers to all chill and make margin. There is plenty enough for everybody.
[Reply]
Bwana 01:39 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

I'm thinking there was a gentlemens agreement between manufacturers to all chill and make margin. There is plenty enough for everybody.

That's the way it's been the last several times it's happened. Hopefully we don't see a bunch of shooting incidents, douche bags running their yaps about banning anything that goes bang, or both.

If we can stay away from those two things, prices will come down, once supply builds back up, and these guys need to dump product because they are overstocked. It's been a consistent pattern.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:47 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Bwana:
That's the way it's been the last several times it's happened. Hopefully we don't see a bunch of shooting incidents, douche bags running their yaps about banning anything that goes bang, or both.

If we can stay away from those two things, prices will come down, once supply builds back up, and these guys need to dump product because they are overstocked. It's been a consistent pattern.
DC in spoiler

Spoiler!

Plus the multiple attempts to ban pistol braces despite explicitly approving them.

I’m worried frankly.
[Reply]
Lzen 03:24 PM 08-11-2021
DC in spoiler

Spoiler!

Plus the multiple attempts to ban pistol braces despite explicitly approving them.

I’m worried frankly.
That's the truth.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 07:44 PM 08-12-2021
Rare Breed Trigger
Is now considered a machine gun.
ATF will be going through all credit card purchases, shipping addresses ect.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:46 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Rare Breed Trigger
Is now considered a machine gun.
ATF will be going through all credit card purchases, shipping addresses ect.
Not that I'm surprised they're doing it, but I don't see how it isn't considered a new pull for every shot. I don't own one and have never used one, but I was under the impression it was physically impossible to even pull the trigger until the bolt is locked.
[Reply]
Fish 10:43 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Not that I'm surprised they're doing it, but I don't see how it isn't considered a new pull for every shot. I don't own one and have never used one, but I was under the impression it was physically impossible to even pull the trigger until the bolt is locked.
Technically that's true. It's definitely 1 pull 1 shot. The Rare Breed Trigger is basically a bump fire trigger. Still just one pull one shot. But the spring forces an instant reset of the trigger and with the recoil, it can just shoot very quickly while still being one pull one shot. The reaction is just that fast. I hadn't heard they were banned or anything, just really hard to find.
[Reply]
Fish 11:06 PM 08-12-2021
Good explanation I found, better than mine...

Originally Posted by :
Just like the infamous and now banned "bump stocks", the FRT-15 works on basically the same principle. Pull the trigger and hold it back, the gun fires one round, the BCG moves rearward causing the hammer to reset the trigger, the "locking bar" (which looks an awful lot like an auto sear) locks the trigger, the BCG comes forward which disengages the "locking bar" allowing the cycle to continue. The operative part of that sequence is that the trigger is reset and must be pulled again for the next round to fire. It's a semi-auto trigger. You can fire a single shot or you can fire a whole bunch of single shots very rapidly.

This isn't a binary trigger. It fires a round only on the trigger pull, not on the pull and then on the release.

It's not a full auto trigger since the trigger is reset and must be pulled for each successive shot. Therefore, it doesn't meet the definition of "machine gun" per 26 USC 5845(b)

[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:58 AM 08-13-2021

Not to derail but i think the same things about to happen with the automotive industry.
[Reply]
Page 296 of 341
« First < 196246286292293294295296 297298299300306 > Last »
Up