ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 295 of 341
« First < 195245285291292293294295 296297298299305 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
ghak99 10:17 PM 07-18-2021
I couldn't resist a July 4th special on a Sig Sauer Romeo Juliet combo. The dot isn't awesome, but it's ok for the money. The magnifier is by far the better of the two pieces.

It's a good enough reason to put another one together, so what upper/caliber would you put under it for something short range?

Are the short barrel 9mm guns with a brace fun to shoot? Are they mostly a spray and pray beyond 75 yards?
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:19 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I couldn't resist a July 4th special on a Sig Sauer Romeo Juliet combo. The dot isn't awesome, but it's ok for the money. The magnifier is by far the better of the two pieces.

It's a good enough reason to put another one together, so what upper/caliber would you put under it for something short range?

Are the short barrel 9mm guns with a brace fun to shoot? Are they mostly a spray and pray beyond 75 yards?
It depends. I have an 8” one that’s pretty good. But it’s about to be illegal with the whole brace thing.
[Reply]
Fish 10:47 PM 07-18-2021
Scheel's KC currently has a decent supply of ammo. Huge stack of Federal 9mm 147gr 50rd for $22. Lots of 5.56 and 7.62. Bunch of 1000rd boxes of 5.56, 7.62, and 9mm. Most other popular calibers except .22L or .270. Best stock I've seen in a while...
[Reply]
Lzen 01:35 PM 08-02-2021
Any suggestions on a decent sight for an AR-15? Nothing to break the bank. I was thinking red dot and also 45 degree backup sights. I'm new to this so asking for all of the CP knowledge.
[Reply]
notorious 01:38 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Any suggestions on a decent sight for an AR-15? Nothing to break the bank. I was thinking red dot and also 45 degree backup sights. I'm new to this so asking for all of the CP knowledge.
Aimpoint PRO is a fantastic optic that has a loooooong battery life. It also has a built-in mount that disconnects very quickly.

They used to go on sale for 360ish. Book price is around 440.

Vortex makes decent red dots for half that, but I wouldn't want to go to war with them. The Pro will take the punishment.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:25 PM 08-02-2021
I have a Trijicon MRO on mine. Looks like you can pick one up on Amazon for around $400. It also cowitnesses perfectly with the iron sights I already had.

While checking the price I noticed the HOLOSUN HE510C-GR Elite, which retails for around $300. It has overwhelmingly positive reviews, but I have no personal experience with it.

I know these may seem a bit pricey, but don't cheap out on optics. You don't want to trust your life to some $30 Chinese knockoff.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:28 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I have a Trijicon MRO on mine. Looks like you can pick one up on Amazon for around $400. It also cowitnesses perfectly with the iron sights I already had.

While checking the price I noticed the HOLOSUN HE510C-GR Elite, which retails for around $300. It has overwhelmingly positive reviews, but I have no personal experience with it.

I know these may seem a bit pricey, but don't cheap out on optics. You don't want to trust your life to some $30 Chinese knockoff.
My Holosun green dot on my HK VP9 is nails-on. I can’t miss with it. But it pisses me off that it’s Chinese made.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:33 PM 08-02-2021

Is that Holosun a Chinese company? Were the reviews on Amazon? I'm a little skeptical of Amazon reviews these days. It appears to me that the Chinese companies have a habit of tricking the system. I have seen a ton of reviews on different products and you can tell they don't speak English. Then you get the product only to discover that it's not anything near what they said. Hell, for that reason I'm thinking of ditching Amazon. Well, that and their political direction.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:39 PM 08-02-2021
I recently picked up a Romeo optic for my Sig P365XL, but haven't installed it yet. It's something I could probably do myself, but it's also something I could easily fuck up; don't really like dealing with tiny little screws that can be easily stripped. I'll also need my kydex IWB holster cut down a bit to accommodate it. Again, something I could do but easily fuck up, or at the very least make it look like jagged ass. So I'm waiting on my gunsmith to take care of it, but he's in the process of moving right now.

Never had an optic on a pistol before, but I've heard nothing but good things about it. And I'm sure it will help with the old man eyes.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:40 PM 08-02-2021
Is that Holosun a Chinese company? Were the reviews on Amazon? I'm a little skeptical of Amazon reviews these days. It appears to me that the Chinese companies have a habit of tricking the system. I have seen a ton of reviews on different products and you can tell they don't speak English. Then you get the product only to discover that it's not anything near what they said. Hell, for that reason I'm thinking of ditching Amazon. Well, that and their political direction.
All true. Well, Trijicon is All-American.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 05:23 PM 08-02-2021
All true. Well, Trijicon is All-American.
Damn fine optics, too! :-)

I've removed Amazon from anything gun related. Now it's all https://www.gunbroker.com/ or https://www.opticsplanet.com/ for me. Both have been great in my experience
[Reply]
ghak99 07:17 PM 08-02-2021
I recently picked up a Romeo optic for my Sig P365XL, but haven't installed it yet. It's something I could probably do myself, but it's also something I could easily fuck up; don't really like dealing with tiny little screws that can be easily stripped. I'll also need my kydex IWB holster cut down a bit to accommodate it. Again, something I could do but easily fuck up, or at the very least make it look like jagged ass. So I'm waiting on my gunsmith to take care of it, but he's in the process of moving right now.

Never had an optic on a pistol before, but I've heard nothing but good things about it. And I'm sure it will help with the old man eyes.
When I bought my Romeo/Juliet I was specifically told to throw the tool away that comes with it and use my own high quality bits. Apparently, that little 90* tool is well known for being a piece of shit and screwing up the factory screws.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:22 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:
When I bought my Romeo/Juliet I was specifically told to throw the tool away that comes with it and use my own high quality bits. Apparently, that little 90* tool is well known for being a piece of shit and screwing up the factory screws.
And stuff like that is exactly why I'm waiting.

So, how do you like the Romeo?
[Reply]
ghak99 07:29 PM 08-02-2021
And stuff like that is exactly why I'm waiting.

So, how do you like the Romeo?
I believe I have the cheaper one. I do wish the dot was more crisp, but for the price I can't complain. Both it and the Juliet appear to have really good glass. Much cleaner and clearer than I expected.

Haven't really banged it around yet to see how it holds.
[Reply]
Fish 09:21 PM 08-09-2021
This was a fun upgrade. One of my old Ruger 10/22's that I've actually had since 1990 and kept in factory condition. New lightweight Dragunov stock, trigger assembly, rail, and 4X low profile scope. Cut the trigger pull from 6.5lb to 2.5lb. Super smooth. Thought about putting a bull barrel on, but that was pretty expensive, and I actually really like the weight balance with the existing taper barrel. Gonna be a nail driver soon...

Before:

After:

[Reply]
Page 295 of 341
« First < 195245285291292293294295 296297298299305 > Last »
Up