ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 341
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Trivers 04:09 PM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
My newest addition, Springfield Armory XD .45 Mod 2... cant wait to take it to the river this weekend

NEXT handgun purchase!

Please share your feedback.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:03 PM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by Trivers:
NEXT handgun purchase!

Please share your feedback.
On sale for $539, its slim and light... hope it shoots as good as it looks and feels

And I hate to take this to DC, but was disappointed see that its made in Croatia... a gun maker in my home state making their product overseas, smh
[Reply]
notorious 06:20 PM 06-14-2016
I love my XDS .45. Mod 2 can only be better.
[Reply]
bdj23 06:52 PM 06-14-2016
Has the panic buy started yet?

I need some more .223
[Reply]
notorious 06:57 PM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Has the panic buy started yet?

I need some more .223
Not that I have seen.

Everything is stocked, and if things run low the manufacturers have a lot larger capacity to produce thanks to the Sandy Hook scare.
[Reply]
Trivers 07:06 PM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by notorious:
Not that I have seen.

Everything is stocked, and if things run low the manufacturers have a lot larger capacity to produce thanks to the Sandy Hook scare.
Hey, for the CP reloaders....

How much components do you keep in storage or reserve?

I have ~2K 7.62 bullets; 10lbs of power, ~1.8K primers, and 1K in cases.

in past shortages, what became scarce?
[Reply]
notorious 07:14 PM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by Trivers:
Hey, for the CP reloaders....

How much components do you keep in storage or reserve?

I have ~2K 7.62 bullets; 10lbs of power, ~1.8K primers, and 1K in cases.

in past shortages, what became scarce?
A lot.

Past shortages, powder like Varget and Benchmark were hard to find. Primers were damn near impossible to find, and if you did they were marked up.

Bullets were still out there, but the selection sucked.

As far as gun parts, everything was gone, but when things settled the parts that were hardest to come by were BCGs (bolt and carrier groups) and stripped lowers.

Manufacturers upgraded their capacity when they found out how great the demand was/is.
[Reply]
stlchiefs 09:05 PM 06-15-2016
Decent deal or not? $599 for a S&W M&P Sport II with 30 rd mag? http://www.cabelas.com/product/shoot...es/2231083.uts
[Reply]
stlchiefs 09:12 PM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by Munson:
For the past several months I've been concentrating on buying "old" guns, such as Mausers, Mosin Nagants, SKS's, and Enfields.

But with recent events, I might have to add some more AR-15's. Or maybe just some lower receivers.
Where are you finding the best guns/prices on the classics?
[Reply]
Munson 09:13 PM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by stlchiefs:
Decent deal or not? $599 for a S&W M&P Sport II with 30 rd mag? http://www.cabelas.com/product/shoot...es/2231083.uts
Good deal. But you could also buy from here for the same price, without paying tax, and free shipping to your FFL.
[Reply]
stlchiefs 09:14 PM 06-15-2016
Do it now. Purchasing through a trust is just about to be ended in 30 days.

If you get the paperwork started before the deadline you are GTG.

https://silencerco.com/

I had a baffle strike on a 7.62 Specwar about a month ago. It was probably my fault, but they took it back, and repaired it under their lifetime warranty. They had it back to me in less than 3 weeks.

No questions asked. Great company.

I purchased a Harvester for my .338 LM from Specwar, too, along with transferring a couple lowers to SBR.
Any additional info you can provide on the trust, getting this setup, etc. This is all very new to me, but sounds like something worth checking out before it gets harder.
[Reply]
Munson 09:18 PM 06-15-2016
Where are you finding the best guns/prices on the classics?
For the best selection and quality....

Simpson LTD

Empire Arms

For the best local deals...

ARMSLIST

Midwest Gun Trader
[Reply]
notorious 09:41 PM 06-15-2016
Any additional info you can provide on the trust, getting this setup, etc. This is all very new to me, but sounds like something worth checking out before it gets harder.
I did my trust through nfalawyers.com. They were referred to me at snipershide.com

Cheap, simple, and it worked for every Class III item I have purchased.

For those that are reading, a trust allows you to "transfer" items to family instead of having to turn it in to law enforcement if you die. The people on the trust are also legally allowed to use the items. You can also avoid having to be finger printed (which is fucking stupid because you get a rectal exam-type background check before getting your tax stamp).
[Reply]
Trivers 08:32 AM 06-16-2016
I did my trust through nfalawyers.com. They were referred to me at snipershide.com

Cheap, simple, and it worked for every Class III item I have purchased.

For those that are reading, a trust allows you to "transfer" items to family instead of having to turn it in to law enforcement if you die. The people on the trust are also legally allowed to use the items. You can also avoid having to be finger printed (which is ****ing stupid because you get a rectal exam-type background check before getting your tax stamp).
A BIG REP for you.

I called and the paralegal answered all my Form 41 questions for 14 minutes. New revisions after the July 13 date. Will be ordering from them.
[Reply]
Trivers 08:37 AM 06-16-2016
Cabales currently having a 10% on powder and 15% off on primers in stock sale.

Picked up 3K of CCI 450; and 3lbs of 1680 (that I had stashed in a secret location waiting for such a sale).

Now if I can find a great deal on 5K of 300 BlK cases..
[Reply]
Page 19 of 341
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Up