Terrace Marshall 7 19.44%
Alex Leatherwood 2 5.56%
Dillon Radunz 1 2.78%
Kadarius Toney 1 2.78%
Pat Freiermuth 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Who are you taking in this scenario?
staylor26 08:33 PM 03-30-2021
7 tackles go before 31. Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, Vera-Tucker, Jenkins, Eichenberg, and Cosmi are all off the board and the Chiefs either chose not to trade up or couldn’t.

Paye, Oweh, and Phillips are also off the board. As is Rashod Bateman.

Trade down isn’t an option.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 10:46 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
The chiefs need a wr with short area quickness. Marshall is a build up speed wr. He’s not elite at creating separation when he breaks out in his routes.
Nah we need some damn size and length and physicality at WR for once. Someone, like Marshall, who can make contested catches and be a threat in the redzone.

We haven't had a big physical WR that we can just throw it up to when everyone's covered since Bowe. Pat's never had that here. We have Tyreek and Mecole for speed, let's give Pat a bigger bodied WR that can go up and get it on the outside & in the redzone for once.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:35 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Maybe but...

Veach told reporters Monday the team expects starting tackle Eric Fisher back by ‘mid-August’, just eight months after tearing his achilles in the AFC Championship game.

https://www.kshb.com/sports/gm-brett...-by-mid-august
That was to start practicing. And that quote was made 3/1, before they cut him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:35 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Priest31kc:
Nah we need some damn size and length and physicality at WR for once. Someone, like Marshall, who can make contested catches and be a threat in the redzone.

We haven't had a big physical WR that we can just throw it up to when everyone's covered since Bowe. Pat's never had that here. We have Tyreek and Mecole for speed, let's give Pat a bigger bodied WR that can go up and get it on the outside & in the redzone for once.
Pat probably won't have that here. Andy doesn't really like those guys.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:01 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Pat probably won't have that here. Andy doesn't really like those guys.
Depends.

Are we talking 6'4" 220 guys? No probably not. We've experimented with some UDFA types in that ballpark though. Kemp, Fortson, etc.

6'2" 210 guys? We've had tons of them. Watkins, Conley, Robinson, Pringle, etc.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:04 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Depends.

Are we talking 6'4" 220 guys? No probably not. We've experimented with some UDFA types in that ballpark though. Kemp, Fortson, etc.

6'2" 210 guys? We've had tons of them. Watkins, Conley, Robinson, Pringle, etc.
Right but those 6'2" 210 guys aren't the same thing. A guy like Watkins is like a WR in a RB's body. Yes, he's bigger but he's still a guy that excels in space and getting YAC. He's not really a matchup guy, he just happened to get a lot of 1-on-1 because of the guys he played with.
[Reply]
O.city 11:07 AM 04-08-2021
When I hear "big bodied go up and get it WR" that usually means, to me, slow and can't get open.

Give me guys who can separate and get open. Fuck throwing jump balls and 5050 balls. If you wanna throw them, there's a hall of fame tight end in KC who's big and strong and can do that.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:15 PM 04-08-2021
Right but those 6'2" 210 guys aren't the same thing. A guy like Watkins is like a WR in a RB's body. Yes, he's bigger but he's still a guy that excels in space and getting YAC. He's not really a matchup guy, he just happened to get a lot of 1-on-1 because of the guys he played with.
Man I am not getting this at all? You would not want this on the Chiefs offense?
Check it...

[Reply]
htismaqe 07:45 AM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Man I am not getting this at all? You would not want this on the Chiefs offense?
Check it...

That's not what I'm saying at all.

First, I don't think Marshall is just a high point guy like we're talking about. He's a pretty good route runner and a very good YAC producer. He's not Tyreek Hill but he's not Henry Ruggs either. Honestly, I think he offers a little bit of what Stephon Diggs offers in that he can beat zone or man.

My argument is that the Chiefs don't really value the vertical guys that go up and get jump balls. However, I view Marshall as more than just that type of guy and I don't think the Chiefs will look past him at all.
[Reply]
kcbubb 08:17 AM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Give me guys who can separate and get open
This... absolutely.
[Reply]
Stryker 05:09 PM 04-09-2021
That's not what I'm saying at all.

First, I don't think Marshall is just a high point guy like we're talking about. He's a pretty good route runner and a very good YAC producer. He's not Tyreek Hill but he's not Henry Ruggs either. Honestly, I think he offers a little bit of what Stephon Diggs offers in that he can beat zone or man.

My argument is that the Chiefs don't really value the vertical guys that go up and get jump balls. However, I view Marshall as more than just that type of guy and I don't think the Chiefs will look past him at all.
Fair enough and as always, I value your opinion :-)
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 03:28 AM 04-10-2021
Andy has had his fair share of possession receivers. TO is the best receiver he's ever had. What about his pursuit of JJSS? And how soon do we forget the Kelvin Benjamin experiment? I just want a receiver that can get open and catch the ball. Take some heat off of Tyreek so he can be even more explosive. He doesn't have to be 6'6 230 but I would like him to be at least 5'11 ish
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:26 AM 04-10-2021
I am sure Reid could so something with Michael Thomas if he was a Chief.
[Reply]
Otter 10:30 AM 04-10-2021
In that group - Pat Freiermuth.

I do have a PSU bias.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:33 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
Andy has had his fair share of possession receivers. TO is the best receiver he's ever had. What about his pursuit of JJSS? And how soon do we forget the Kelvin Benjamin experiment? I just want a receiver that can get open and catch the ball. Take some heat off of Tyreek so he can be even more explosive. He doesn't have to be 6'6 230 but I would like him to be at least 5'11 ish
Juju is 6'1" and he's definitely a "get open" not "go up" WR.

It's not just about possession, it's about guys that can win low percentage matchups. Andy just doesn't value those guys as much. He values quickness and awareness much more than physical dominance.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 03:03 PM 04-10-2021
Juju is 6'1" and he's definitely a "get open" not "go up" WR.

It's not just about possession, it's about guys that can win low percentage matchups. Andy just doesn't value those guys as much. He values quickness and awareness much more than physical dominance.
I mention Juju because he plays with a lot of physicality. He's a lesser version of Sammy Watkins to me. But I can name many larger framed receivers that Andy had in Philly, some that he drafted. There's a place in Andy's offenses for large receivers and he's pursued some
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up