« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139189 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
JPH83 01:07 PM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Preferably at the expense of JJSS.

That experiment is RAPIDLY running its course. He looks as washed as he's looked for the last 3 seasons. He's just never open.
Yep. Maybe he still works with a true top WR alongside him, but in a rotation of decent-not-great he looks very average. Sometimes if a guy looks bad, there's no elaborate reason (the QB sucked, he's fighting injuries etc), he's just playing bad. Moore has better early separation, better YAC, probably better hands and looks at least as tough - give him those snaps.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:18 PM 10-13-2022
JJSS is on track for about 830 yards its not world beating but it ain't nothing.

MVS is on track for 877 pretty much the same.

Hardman is on track for....checks notes....checks again....489
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:19 PM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Get.
Him.
The.
Ball.
Andy.
Wow. That's impressive.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:20 PM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Yes! JJ is not a number 1 and never really has been. He was good when everyone was doubling AB and he was an afterthought. When he had to be THE guy, he does a really good imitation of Demarcus Robinson.
Except he runs forward and doesn’t hold the ball out like it’s a loaf of bread.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:20 PM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
JJSS is on track for about 830 yards its not world beating but it ain't nothing.

I think MVS is on the cusp of having a breakout game. I think he's going to get better as the season goes along.

JJSS, not so much.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:23 PM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Preferably at the expense of JJSS.

That experiment is RAPIDLY running its course. He looks as washed as he's looked for the last 3 seasons. He's just never open.
You may be correct, but Pat still targets him for tough catches, occasionally to move the chains.

I'm guessing we'll see Moore get more of those targets as the evidence on film begins to mount.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:24 PM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I think MVS is on the cusp of having a breakout game. I think he's going to get better as the season goes along.

JJSS, not so much.
If MVS breaks out and JJSS stays on pace for around 900 yards, I'll take that all day long.

But we need to get Hardman or Skyy picking up the pace, I don't care which one but at this point I HOPE its Skyy since he appears to have Moore upside.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:24 PM 10-13-2022

JJSS, not so much.
Probably why MVS got the longer deal.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:25 PM 10-13-2022
If MVS breaks out and JJSS stays on pace for around 900 yards, I'll take that all day long.

But we need to get Hardman or Skyy picking up the pace, I don't care which one but at this point I HOPE its Skyy since he appears to have Moore upside.
Yep and yep.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:26 PM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Probably why MVS got the longer deal.
Yeah, there's still potential there. Still upside growth to be had.

That just doesn't exist with JJSS.

By the end of the year, I hope we're seeing MVS as the "#1" and a heavy dose of Moore mixed in.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:31 PM 10-13-2022

All depends on pay. JJSS is a nice receiver but not for $20 million or more
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:34 PM 10-13-2022

By the end of the year, I hope we're seeing MVS as the "#1" and a heavy dose of Moore mixed in.
I wouldn't be shocked if those two are flipped by season's end, if I'm being honest here. MVS has been fine, but he doesn't appear to have the short-area quickness that I thought he might, given his incredible top-end speed. Moore does. I'm also still not sure his hands are as good as he's shown, which is been at least adequate. Moore is a natural pass-catcher.

It doesn't take watching a ton of film to see Moore pop off the screen, while guys like JJSS and MVS really don't as much. I think Pat is going to notice and Moore's touches will continue to grow, probably sooner rather than later.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:54 PM 10-13-2022

7.3 yards/target for JJSS.

8.5 yards/target while clearly playing through a bad heel that hampers his wheels for Hardman.

Now if you want to argue that he presents a big, physical target that Pat can use situationally - I get that. And I'm not saying to cut the guy; he can have a role here.

But in terms of efficiency, he's just not an efficient receiver. Hasn't been for years now. And that's how this offense should operate, IMO - focus on efficiency. And as we've seen more data on it, it's not that Hardman isn't getting targeted because he isn't open - he is. He's getting a lot of separation. He's just further down the reads.

So change that. Or don't but have Moore running those underneath routes that JJSS is running. No, he's not going to catch the ball in traffic and absorb a blow - but he may not have to. His release and separation may allow him to catch that ball WITHOUT congestion and then move in space.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:55 PM 10-13-2022

I hope we're seeing Moore as the #1 guy with MVS as the X.

DJ Moore, that is.

With Skyy as the Y.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:56 PM 10-13-2022
3 targets on 14 routes sounds more like a Mahomes thing than an Andy thing. Sure, Andy needs to get him more than 14 chances. But Mahomes also has to look his direction more.
It's only been 5 games, so I'm not very concerned, but Mahomes has to continue to work on the role he plays in developing WR talent. Skyy Moore isn't a #1 WR yet and maybe all he'll ever be is a 2 or worse, but if he's getting open, he's getting open.

Mahomes knows the Chiefs probably aren't going to make a blockbuster trade for a top end WR for the rest of his career, and the same probably goes for free agency. They're going to draft a ton of guys (hopefully some of them are 1st round guys) and they're simply not going to be what we need them to be unless Mahomes starts incorporating them. There's nothing like getting production in regular season games to increase a young WR's confidence and improvement.

So yeah... I know Mahomes has more chemistry with other guys and seems to trust the players with more experience, but he also shouldn't waste this opportunity to get Skyy more and more involved so that we can actually use him frequently next year and beyond.
[Reply]
Page 89 of 280
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139189 > Last »
Up