« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179229 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
Easy 6 06:43 AM 11-15-2022
If they keep trotting him out for punt duties, his confidence will be crushed before he ever gets a real shot at receiver

Toub needs a swift kick in the ass
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:58 AM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
:-)

They sign OBJ to a multi-year deal, I'm still worrying a lot about LT.
He was talking about Beckham not Brown.
[Reply]
scho63 07:06 AM 11-15-2022
I hope like hell we don't have another Sylvester Morris or Snoop Minnis on our hands.

I don't think so but there is a tiny nugget on my brain from past damage as a Chiefs fan
[Reply]
scho63 07:10 AM 11-15-2022
We also set the bar unrealistically high for this guy.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:55 AM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Prior to coming to KC he'd played in 12 total football games.

Moore had played in 7.

This is a non-starter of an argument. Toney isn't some experienced veteran and the time he's spent substantially less time in this system than Moore has.
It's not scheme and it's not Andy Reid. If you can play, he'll get you the ball.

Skyy Moore isn't an NFL caliber player right now and that's why he's not getting targets.
See, this is why people think you're a Skyye Moore hater. Most of your arguments in this thread are fairly solid but with a slight bit of twisting the facts to fit your narrative. Played in games? What about an entire extra year of studying the offense and practicing in it? Are we just going to completely discount that?

And for the record, I think Moore has been a disappointment. And sure, I think the Chiefs expected a little more out of him at this point. To be honest, when I watched his college highlights after the Chiefs drafted him, he didn't really jump out at me that much.

But I figured that I don't watch a lot of college football and add to that that everyone here as well as several tv commentators were praising the pick so it must be a good one. I just figured that people that may know more about football were high on this pick so I might was well get on board, too.

I will say that if you're criticizing the Chiefs for making that pick at that spot well then you had better start criticizing a lot of people. If I recall correctly, there were a lot of people at the time that thought it was a good pick. We also have to consider that perhaps they felt that Skyye was a better fit than a guy like Pickens?

This last part is not directed at you, necessarily, but Chiefs fans need to be patient. I am willing admit that this guy could have a limited ceiling. But Chiefs fans need to recognize that the team and many other so called experts thought that he could also turn into a very good player. And if that happens then we will all be happy. I saw someone in this thread already comparing him to Breeland Speaks. Let's pump the brakes on that one, shall we.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:57 AM 11-15-2022
Sounds like a great week for Skyy Moore to have a big game.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:01 AM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
If they keep trotting him out for punt duties, his confidence will be crushed before he ever gets a real shot at receiver

Toub needs a swift kick in the ass
I'm pretty sure that experiment is over. In case you didn't notice, Hardman was the PR against the Titans and Toney was the PR this past game.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:02 AM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He was talking about Beckham not Brown.
And this is why I hated when people started referring to Orlando Brown as OBJ. There was already one OBJ in the league. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:04 AM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
See, this is why people think you're a Skyye Moore hater. Most of your arguments in this thread are fairly solid but with a slight bit of twisting the facts to fit your narrative. Played in games? What about an entire extra year of studying the offense and practicing in it? Are we just going to completely discount that?

And for the record, I think Moore has been a disappointment. And sure, I think the Chiefs expected a little more out of him at this point. To be honest, when I watched his college highlights after the Chiefs drafted him, he didn't really jump out at me that much.

But I figured that I don't watch a lot of college football and add to that that everyone here as well as several tv commentators were praising the pick so it must be a good one. I just figured that people that may know more about football were high on this pick so I might was well get on board, too.

I will say that if you're criticizing the Chiefs for making that pick at that spot well then you had better start criticizing a lot of people. If I recall correctly, there were a lot of people at the time that thought it was a good pick. We also have to consider that perhaps they felt that Skyye was a better fit than a guy like Pickens?

This last part is not directed at you, necessarily, but Chiefs fans need to be patient. I am willing admit that this guy could have a limited ceiling. But Chiefs fans need to recognize that the team and many other so called experts thought that he could also turn into a very good player. And if that happens then we will all be happy. I saw someone in this thread already comparing him to Breeland Speaks. Let's pump the brakes on that one, shall we.
He didn't play in this offense. He didn't study it. He had some familiarity with the terminology due to Kafka being their OC this season, but he wasn't their OC last season.

And by the same token, Toney didn't have a full camp with this team - Moore did. He didn't have 7 weeks of games and practice with this team and this quarterback. Moore did.

There's no reasonable basis to conclude that Toney SHOULD be more 'game ready' than Moore in this offense - unless it's just a straight up talent disparity.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:24 AM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
I hope like hell we don't have another Sylvester Morris or Snoop Minnis on our hands.

I don't think so but there is a tiny nugget on my brain from past damage as a Chiefs fan
Morris wasn't bad pre knee injury
[Reply]
Kman34 10:35 AM 11-15-2022
He’ll be fine… Some players develop at different rates.. Didn’t help he as forced into a SP role he wasn’t comfortable with.. We have a wealth of talent at the WR position… SFC..
[Reply]
BWillie 10:42 AM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I mean, we will see where we wind up with skyy. But it will never stop enraging me about how much WR talent was wasted because disgustingly bad franchises blew their wad on WRs this offseason because they thought an elite wr could carry a horrible qb. Maybe the best thing to come of that is these are typically the players to be the first to be disgruntled and want out
Seems to have worked for Tua.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:44 AM 11-15-2022
I hope he puts that guaranteed 2.8M away somewhere because he's gonna need it.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:08 PM 11-16-2022
Taking the conversation back to the Skyy thread…

He came in with less than Moore had.

I mean it's not like he was out there running practice reps with his hamstring pull. Nor was his camp the same as the camp Moore went through when they were doing specific installs.

It's just a lousy excuse.
Originally Posted by BossChief:
KT came in with experience in the SEC and a full year learning NFL concepts and routes in NY and had half a year in a clone of our current offense. Skyy came in with 3 career years (was a RB in HS) of playing WR at a small school and is still adjusting to the mental game at this level and is struggling.

We get it, you hated the pick. So far, you were right (10 games into their careers, most would have said they expected Pickens to look much better than Skyy at this point)….But what you’re not acknowledging is the reasons Pickens fell in the first place. An ACL tear in his right knee last year and various character concerns.

The debate of Skyy vs Pickens won’t be decided till they have both been in the league 2-3 years and those concerns are flushed out.

For all we know, Pickens character concerns are a reason why the Steelers traded Claypool (not saying that’s why they traded him).

If Pickens has no reinjury to the knee and his character concerns are laid to rest as well, there’s a good chance he was the better pick…but if Pickens blows his ACL or gets suspended for character concerns while Skyy consistently improves his mental game while refining his route running…Skyy will end up the better pick,

I still see the kid that Rich Eisen watch at the combine and said “this kid is perfect for KCs offense”.
Because that's what you want to see.

It certainly isn't because of anything he's actually shown.

And again - I don't even bemoan not taking Pickens. I wanted Sam Williams.

But I digress because - Toney thread and I promised 'Maqe.
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The Giants offense is a clone of ours....

You are a funny guy.
The Giants offense is ran by Kafka, that has not only exclusively coached under Andy, but also was drafted by Andy and played for Andy.

Yeah, I’d say Toney had a slight advantage (in understanding route concepts, play design, sight adjustments, reading NFL defenses, etc) over a guy coming out of a small school.

The plays called don’t need to be the same for the offense to be. Obviously Mahomes > Jones by a massive amount.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:11 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Taking the conversation back to the Skyy thread…

The Giants offense is ran by Kafka, that has not only exclusively coached under Andy, but also was drafted by Andy and played for Andy.

Yeah, I’d say Toney had a slight advantage (in understanding route concepts, sight adjustments, reading NFL defenses, etc) over a guy coming out of a small school.

The plays called don’t need to be the same for the offense to be. Obviously Mahomes > Jones by a massive amount.
He was also hurt pretty much the entire time Kafka was running the offense.

So studying a playbook that might have some similar terminology to OUR playbook (but probably not much beyond that given that the Giants are a clear run 1st football team) is comparable to spending an entire camp and several games immersed in our system with our playbook and running our installs?

Oh, and Kafka 'runs the Giants offense' is a bridge too far in its own right. There's no way Dabol has just taken his hands off the wheel after being the OC for the Bills and having Josh Allen on his resume.
[Reply]
Page 129 of 280
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179229 > Last »
Up