Page 41 of 103
« First < 313738394041 424344455191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 07:50 AM 03-19-2022
2022 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:35 PM 07-29-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I've heard that the Nationals are going to make one last attempt at an extension and if he declines hes getting traded.

I'm going with Padres or Mariners. Those 2 teams have no fucks given GM/PoBO.
My god, if ambivalent ownership/leadership is a positive here, the Cardinals are fucking GOLDEN....
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:40 PM 07-29-2022
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I'm a Cubs fan, but my God they and their TV network have really taken a toll on my fandom. I mostly watch west coast BB at night, going to a Giants Padres game in SD in a couple weeks.

Anyway, it feels so ****ing strange for me to be rooting for the Cardinals to land Soto, not sure you could swing both, but getting Soto and Montas/Lopez would be just about perfect.

Wonder if the Cards might be a good fit for an Astro's SP since they are looking to shed some arms.
Just sayin…. :-)
Attached: B902F862-5626-43FE-8B1B-B337895A2C85.jpeg (68.6 KB) 5FD295AC-7400-45B3-915C-5C3E9D63C6A2.jpeg (42.8 KB) 
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:30 PM 07-30-2022

We have acquired LHP JoJo Romero from the Phillies in exchange for SS Edmundo Sosa.

Romero has been assigned to Memphis (AAA).

SS Paul DeJong has been recalled from Memphis (AAA). pic.twitter.com/dgy5ncubHE

— St. Louis Cardinals (@Cardinals) July 30, 2022

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:25 PM 07-30-2022
Pirates will steal Soto at the last minute.

Just kidding.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:39 AM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Awesome! This is a great trade! His 13 era for the season (7.85 career) will fit right in with the rest of our pen. Mo will have Mormol touting him as the next great starter by the end of the season.
[Reply]
jd1020 04:45 AM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Awesome! This is a great trade! His 13 era for the season (7.85 career) will fit right in with the rest of our pen. Mo will have Mormol touting him as the next great starter by the end of the season.
To be fair, he's only pitched 21 innings in the majors. He was a control guy with pretty decent numbers until he hit AAA when something pretty clearly happened with his mechanics and he out of nowhere started walking nearly 6 batters per 9. His first year in the majors he gained it back and had a 7.59 ERA but the Phillies defense is trash and his FIP was 3.66. He's walking guys again, but it's a really small sample size. There's stuff there to work with and you traded Sosa so there's really not much more you could ask for.
[Reply]
raybec 4 05:05 AM 07-31-2022
To be fair, he's only pitched 21 innings in the majors. He was a control guy with pretty decent numbers until he hit AAA when something pretty clearly happened with his mechanics and he out of nowhere started walking nearly 6 batters per 9. His first year in the majors he gained it back and had a 7.59 ERA but the Phillies defense is trash and his FIP was 3.66. He's walking guys again, but it's a really small sample size. There's stuff there to work with and you traded Sosa so there's really not much more you could ask for.
I could ask not to be stuck with DeJong anymore!
[Reply]
jd1020 05:43 AM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I could ask not to be stuck with DeJong anymore!
Well, Winn might see time in the majors next year as a late season call up, so DeJong's time is coming.

In before they trade Winn for Montas.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:57 AM 07-31-2022
I hate to agree with you but, you are correct. Sosa ain't worth shit.What do you expect? If he gets his mechanics right, he is way more valuable than Sosa. And Sosa is not a trade piece that any potential team trading would want even as a throw in.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:12 PM 08-01-2022
Twitter is starting to light up with rumors the Cards are the front runners for Soto. I'm about 50/50 on whether I actually want them to give up that many guys for him. I know I know they are "prospects" for a reason.

Hopefully they have an extension worked out if they do because if they don't lock him up this could be a huge gamble.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:12 PM 08-01-2022
Also WTF did the Brewers trade Hader to the Padres? They are also rumored to be shopping Wong.

WTH?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:13 PM 08-01-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Twitter is starting to light up with rumors the Cards are the front runners for Soto. I'm about 50/50 on whether I actually want them to give up that many guys for him. I know I know they are "prospects" for a reason.

Hopefully they have an extension worked out if they do because if they don't lock him up this could be a huge gamble.
Kind of wondering why this thread wasn't active with discussion. Figured you guys knew it was BS. From what I understand its pretty much a 3 team race between the Cardinals, Padres, and Dodgers.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:15 PM 08-01-2022
Also WTF did the Brewers trade Hader to the Padres? They are also rumored to be shopping Wong.

WTH?
I'm all for getting Soto as long as one of Walker and Gorman stays. Will be disappointed if they don't acquire a starter, though.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:26 PM 08-01-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I'm all for getting Soto as long as one of Walker and Gorman stays. Will be disappointed if they don't acquire a starter, though.
Yea its not going to do any good this season if they don't acquire some pitching as well.

I cant believe the Brewers are selling right now. Makes no sense to me.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:29 PM 08-01-2022
Yea its not going to do any good this season if they don't acquire some pitching as well.

I cant believe the Brewers are selling right now. Makes no sense to me.
I don't think trading Hader on the surface is that crazy. He's making $11 mil. right now and is up for arbitration. He's gotten hammered in 2 appearances but otherwise has been solid.

However, I don't think paying him that much or more going forward would be a wise commitment. The Brewers also got a lot in return.

As for Wong, probably the same idea.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 103
« First < 313738394041 424344455191 > Last »
Up