Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:05 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by Best22:
KSU was messing around, completely unconcerned and unthreatened. They were sloppy and made mental mistakes

KSU is gonna go 8-4. Their QB will throw 11TD and 6INT. They have a 50% chance to win their late December bowl game. That’s who they are

And we still lost to them by as many points as South Dakota. Only position we are superior at is kicker (and probably WR, but we don’t have the QB to exploit that. KSU would look good with guys like Lovett and Dove)

We’ll win 3 games this year. KSU now the only local football program that knows what it’s doing. Sad
Playing up and down to your opposition is not a long term winning position.

I do agree we should win 8. That has actually been a topic of conversation the past couple of weeks because Vegas has our O/U at 6.5 which just seems a bit low. They absolutely have the ability to go over but, if they don’t get some things cleaned up the under may not be be out of the realm of possibilities.

Regardless, my initial point stands: today’s game was more about how bad Mizzou is than how good KSU is. And I’m not saying that to be an ass (well, maybe a bit of the conference turmoil MU started) but, as an acknowledgment of how mediocre the Cats played and still dominated the entire game.
[Reply]
poolboy 04:12 PM 09-10-2022
opportunistic defense, good special teams and a running game can work in college football
[Reply]
Coach 04:13 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
As a K-State fan this was my take away from the game, and not even in the respect of it being the Cats being all that good. We shot ourselves in the foot multiple times and failed to take advantage of a couple of situations. We dominated, and the score shows it but, what the score doesn’t show is how long it took to get to that score. It was an all around excruciating game, and Mizzou put up almost no fight, which was not only boring but, surprising. Had they, it could have been a completely different game.
Offensively, yes, the Cats did shot themselves at their foot, mainly at the 3rd quarter. We can be a lot better on the offensive side of the ball. It was sloppy, especially in the second half when they were unable to take advantage of the Missouri turnovers.

Defensively though, they were elite (aside from the opening drive where they were way too overhyped). Missouri didn't have a chance especially when the front 6 was causing so much havoc on them. And they did just defeat an SEC team with ease, that made a bowl last season, while not coming close to playing their best football, IMHO.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:27 PM 09-10-2022
It's not just the loss, it's the way they looked while losing. That team was completely unprepared to play today. That's on Drink. That was the most incoherent offensive game "plan" I've ever seen. Seemed like a team coached by someone who had absolutely no experience designing a game plan or leading college athletes. Drink looks like he has no business being a college coach - let alone an SEC coach.

Takes a lot to embarrass a Mizzou fan - trust me, I've been one since about 5 yrs old - but that was embarrassingly bad. Just a pathetic job by everyone on the coaching staff except maybe for the DC for a bit in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Completely pathetic. Not sure how it turns around unless you bring in an OC and make Drink just a figurehead who recruits and sells the program.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:32 PM 09-10-2022
Playing up and down to your opposition is not a long term winning position.

I do agree we should win 8. That has actually been a topic of conversation the past couple of weeks because Vegas has our O/U at 6.5 which just seems a bit low. They absolutely have the ability to go over but, if they don’t get some things cleaned up the under may not be be out of the realm of possibilities.

Regardless, my initial point stands: today’s game was more about how bad Mizzou is than how good KSU is. And I’m not saying that to be an ass (well, maybe a bit of the conference turmoil MU started) but, as an acknowledgment of how mediocre the Cats played and still dominated the entire game.
No, you're right. I think anyone that thought we would go into Manhattan and have our way with KState was insane, but the game should have been within 1-2 scores.

I think we know why Drink was hitting the transfer portal for QB's hard, now.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:33 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by Coach:
Offensively, yes, the Cats did shot themselves at their foot, mainly at the 3rd quarter. We can be a lot better on the offensive side of the ball. It was sloppy, especially in the second half when they were unable to take advantage of the Missouri turnovers.

Defensively though, they were elite (aside from the opening drive where they were way too overhyped). Missouri didn't have a chance especially when the front 6 was causing so much havoc on them. And they did just defeat an SEC team with ease, that made a bowl last season, while not coming close to playing their best football, IMHO.
Defense looked elite aside from the first drive AND the constant offsides calls. Most of our conference rivals are going to take better advantage of that than MU did today making games a lot harder and closer than today.

I’m not trying to be all negative, I’m just seeing things that are making me uncomfortable. And some discipline on the offsides issues can still be instilled. I’m just sharing my thoughts on the game as it was being played. Martinez actually looked fairly sharp for the first half the game. Some drops and the rain seemed to cause him to struggle some later on. But if they can his confidence up and learn how to work around his weaknesses he can be a perfectly serviceable starter for us.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:34 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
With SEC schedule coming up I don't think he lasts long enough to hire an OC.

There's also the word that coaches don't like him.
Which coaches? His own or others?

He was [technically] a Jim Sterk hire so I should have known it would be a disaster. Incompetent people hire incompetent people.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:37 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Which coaches? His own or others?

He was [technically] a Jim Sterk hire so I should have known it would be a disaster. Incompetent people hire incompetent people.
His own. Wouldn't specify beyond there's a reason it's a revolving door with his assts.
[Reply]
Coach 04:45 PM 09-10-2022
Defense looked elite aside from the first drive AND the constant offsides calls. Most of our conference rivals are going to take better advantage of that than MU did today making games a lot harder and closer than today.

I’m not trying to be all negative, I’m just seeing things that are making me uncomfortable. And some discipline on the offsides issues can still be instilled. I’m just sharing my thoughts on the game as it was being played. Martinez actually looked fairly sharp for the first half the game. Some drops and the rain seemed to cause him to struggle some later on. But if they can his confidence up and learn how to work around his weaknesses he can be a perfectly serviceable starter for us.
That's just going to happen when you employ an ultra-aggressive defense. There's going to be some offsides calls. The fact that they have disrupted Missouri's offense, I can live with that. They did an excellent job on keeping their best WR in check and forced turnovers. I prefer my defense to be aggressive and a little dumb than being passive/read-react defense and trying to play smart.

I know you weren't being negative, and I get that. There are some concerns that I have too as well when it comes to the offense side. Also, another thing that do concern me is the kicker situation.

As for Martinez, he has done what I expected him to do so far up to this point. Got no complaints. I'm more annoyed about the fact that our offense got disrupted by that stupid lighting delay and it messed up the flow, and our offensive coordinator not recognizing that Missouri's defense was getting gashed on the edges.

Either way, I'm going to enjoy this win today. And as for Missouri, you'll probably need a new coach. Good recruiter (a little shady), but not SEC (or P5 for that matter) HC material, IMHO.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:04 PM 09-10-2022
A marginally competent QB hits Burden for two TDs today.
[Reply]
ChiTown 05:23 PM 09-10-2022
A marginally competent QB hits Burden for two TDs today.
That first miss to Burden was criminal. That certainly could have changed the momentum in the first half. Not having watched Mizzou play, I was shocked how bad your two qb’s were today.

I was happy for the win, but I’m equally concerned with the ineptitude of our QB and pass game in general.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 05:30 PM 09-10-2022
Both of DJs nuts were right about the offensive line. I wasn’t wrong. I just wasn’t right
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 05:31 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
gotta fund that NIL somehow
Someone doesn’t know what NIL means
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 05:34 PM 09-10-2022
On the bright side, at least Mizzou has successfully diverted enough money to football to have a bottom tier team while also reducing their employees' PTO by two weeks a year.
Cry me a river, pussy. People that work in the real world have shit happen to them like this all the time. Take a step out of academia for a fucking day and you’ll learn that, you fucking outstanding citizen. God you’re a pussy.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:34 PM 09-10-2022
I just wanted KU to hang in there for a half. They’ve done that, so I’m happy with however this ends.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 109
« First < 91516171819 202122232969 > Last »
Up