ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs WR help this year?
BuckeyeTheDog 09:11 PM 07-22-2021
Don’t kill me on this even if you disagree.

I know Mahomes is awesome, but I’m concerned about the Chiefs WR corps. While Tyreek Hill and Kielce are witches (and we have been lucky with their health), Sammy Watkins is gone (I know he was hurt a lot). MeCole Hardman has never really developed. The other receivers are “just guys.” They didn’t get a lot of help in the draft.

Who might become available with camp cuts, etc.? Does anyone expect any trades, etc.?

Thoughts?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:11 AM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
He has similar stats as Hardman but without Mahomes/Reid....if he can get his head on straight...and that seems like a big if...he's the player I'm expecting to offset the loss of Watkins.

He's got talent...
Agree, initially i wrote him off as camp fodder until i looked a little deeper. There is real talent there, and he looked good with a second year Baker Mayfield on a dogshit Freddie Kitchens team. Scheme and coaching could make him legit. We may have too much of a good thing in the sense that well have 3 guys with very similar skill sets and no true "X" by definition. But i think if any one can make it work its Reid and Mahomes.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 01:55 AM 07-23-2021
I think Clyde becomes that 3rd target in the offense that most are assuming would go to WR2.

I think this is the year Andy begins to use him like Westbrook 2.0 that was suspected after going in the first round. He had a shortened offseason due to Covid and with a full year to learn the offense it should open up other plays for him, especially from backfield motions to out wide.

He really does become a hell of a chess piece if used correctly.I think the OL will create more 2nd level opportunities for him to shed tackles against. His problem was when he got caught up with the DL. When he was in space he consistently made positive plays and I think that’ll be a priority this year.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 02:49 AM 07-23-2021
Eligible lineman downfield and a big bowl of oatmeal for you.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 03:41 AM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Eligible lineman downfield and a big bowl of oatmeal for you.
The real OBJ? Clevlands version never lived up to the first few years billing.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:45 AM 07-23-2021
I expect Kielce to cast a spell on opposing teams rendering their defenses useless and allowing MeCoLe to score many uncontested TDs.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:53 AM 07-23-2021
Are there other witches on the team? We talking real witches, or those stupid fake goth chicks who claim they're witches?
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 05:06 AM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Are there other witches on the team? We talking real witches, or those stupid fake goth chicks who claim they're witches?
Awe man, I dated a chick like that when I was in middle school. She was goth and one day passed me a note saying "I hope this doesn't scare you, but I'm a witch." So next time we hung out I'm like "So can you show me some witchcraft?"

She was like "Well technically I'm a Wiccan, and I don't know any spells yet. I just started."

So I was like, "Neat, do you want to tongue kiss?"

And then we tongue kissed. Never did see any magic, unless you count 13 year old me pitching a tent under my Jnco's magic! Heeeeyoooooooooohhh!!!!!

Anyway, Chiefs are fine at WR.
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:30 AM 07-23-2021
I don’t know the answer to OP’s stupid ass question.

But I do know Pat is a wizard.

Honey Badger is self-explanatory.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:39 AM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
We drafted a rookie WR and TE that are both gonna be studs. Veach already addressed the issue.
I think a lot of people are falling asleep on how unstoppable we'd be if we had a TE2 who can legit play receiver. Not just catch the ball when he's wide open.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:52 AM 07-23-2021
Is clay still running the hill?
[Reply]
KCJake 08:04 AM 07-23-2021
The Chiefs are concerned about. Otherwise they wouldn't of made the push for JuJu Smith-Schuster
[Reply]
RunKC 08:08 AM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I expect Kielce to cast a spell on opposing teams rendering their defenses useless and allowing MeCoLe to score many uncontested TDs.
Hello. Might I interest you in some Noah Gray hype? Because he’s going to be a similar version of Kelce in some ways and give this offense another wrinkle.

I am telling you guys. Noah Gray is going to be a favorite here within 3 months max
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:18 AM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
Mahomes will make average receivers stars.
^this^

With an improved offensive line, Mahomes will have more time to get through his reads.
[Reply]
TEX 09:22 AM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Hello. Might I interest you in some Noah Gray hype? Because he’s going to be a similar version of Kelce in some ways and give this offense another wrinkle.

I am telling you guys. Noah Gray is going to be a favorite here within 3 months max
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7UxI_zMmug

Yep. The kid can play and he's very athletic. Look at the TD catch and run at the 1:25 mark and the fake punt at the 2:05 mark. Impressive. :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:14 AM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Awe man, I dated a chick like that when I was in middle school. She was goth and one day passed me a note saying "I hope this doesn't scare you, but I'm a witch." So next time we hung out I'm like "So can you show me some witchcraft?"

She was like "Well technically I'm a Wiccan, and I don't know any spells yet. I just started."

So I was like, "Neat, do you want to tongue kiss?"

And then we tongue kissed. Never did see any magic, unless you count 13 year old me pitching a tent under my Jnco's magic! Heeeeyoooooooooohhh!!!!!

Anyway, Chiefs are fine at WR.
Did you burn her at your stake?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up