ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 32
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>COVID Memo from the NFL
Sassy Squatch 11:36 AM 07-22-2021

Here’s more from today’s memo, which also says the team responsible for a canceled game because of an outbreak among unvaccinated players/staff will be responsible for financial losses and subject to potential discipline from the commissioner. Wow. pic.twitter.com/Q86a2WcG1K

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) July 22, 2021

[Reply]
wazu 12:20 PM 07-22-2021
Article doesn't say who, but apparently 13 teams have reached the 85% vaccinated threshold. That's a lot better than I would have thought. Hopefully the Chiefs are one of them.

https://www.nfl.com/news/13-teams-ab...r-vaccinations
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 12:24 PM 07-22-2021
660 thousand minimum salary. For so many a one year stand. Get vaccinated.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 12:26 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Yeah, it seems dicey to not pay them. Flu shots are available, but if a player decides to skip the shot and misses a game due to the flu, they still get paid.
well this isn't the flu
[Reply]
R Clark 12:26 PM 07-22-2021
So with this strong of a stand on vaccine for players what’s next half to have it to attend a game?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:29 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Article doesn't say who, but apparently 13 teams have reached the 85% vaccinated threshold. That's a lot better than I would have thought. Hopefully the Chiefs are one of them.

Based on everything we've heard and read, I'm certain the Chiefs are one of them.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:30 PM 07-22-2021
I wonder if it's implied that players will have to the new monthly/bi-monthly boosters they're talking about as well?

And holding players' money and chances at the playoffs over their heads seems......a little tyrannical, doesn't it?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:30 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
It will be flat out embarrassing if any games have to be canceled this year.

Feel how you want about the vaccine, but if my employer is hanging my multi million dollar salary over my head over getting it or not, you better believe that needle is going in my arm.
They didn't have to cancel any games last year, with one less week, and there were a half dozen outbreaks.

Vaccine or not, it's unlikely to be a big issue.
[Reply]
wazu 12:33 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Based on everything we've heard and read, I'm certain the Chiefs are one of them.
Guessing so. With the culture they have, it probably wasn't even a fight. Kelce even partnered with Walgreens to promote the vaccine to the public.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 12:45 PM 07-22-2021
Guessing so. With the culture they have, it probably wasn't even a fight. Kelce even partnered with Walgreens to promote the vaccine to the public.
I'm not sure what kelce getting paid by Walgreens has to do with any other player on the Chiefs
[Reply]
DaFace 12:47 PM 07-22-2021
While the penalties are pretty stiff, it's hard for me to imagine a ton of games being cancelled this year. Players sitting out? Sure. But I think most teams are 50%+ vaccinated, so you'd think that would prevent too many cases where a game has to be actually cancelled.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:50 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Did that go through the NFLPA? I don’t mind the forfeiting part, but the nobody gets paid part seems like it could cause some legal issues with contracts. I mean players get paid when they get injured right? Why would they not if they got sick?
The difference is that a game being cancelled is a HUGE financial hit to the league, where an injured player doesn't cause the game to be cancelled.

I'm sure they can justify not paying players for a game that didn't exist. Again, I don't really think this is gonna matter, but I'm pretty confident the league's lawyers have signed off on it.
[Reply]
wazu 12:52 PM 07-22-2021
When there was discussion about possible canceled games last year I remember part of it involved nobody getting paid.
[Reply]
eDave 12:54 PM 07-22-2021
Unless it becomes a major problem, I don't see too much issue with rescheduling. Did it fine last season.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:55 PM 07-22-2021

I think this is way more of the story here. The NFL doesn't want to put these rules in place. They want teams to hit the threshold so they don't have to deal with cases anymore. I don't get punishing the other team for this. But you'd have thought the Jon Rahm situation would have nudged players to consider.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 12:57 PM 07-22-2021
So, not just the players on the team that causes the forfeit don't get paid, but BOTH team's players don't get paid. I completely misread that the first time I went through it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 32
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up