ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Favorite moments in sports... a video thread.
Mephistopheles Janx 11:06 AM 07-22-2021
What are some of your all time favorite, singular, moments in sports?

Game 7 of the 1992 NLCS - Braves vs Pirates. Braves were down 2-0 in the bottom of the 9th. Braves get the score to 2-1 on a Ron Gant Sac Fly that brings home Terry Pendleton (former Cardinal for anyone who might not remember).

With 2 outs, bottom of the 9th, in Game 7... a fucking nobody 3rd string catcher (who had only played 12 games for 10 ABs for the Braves that season) named Fransico Cabrera is brought in as a pinch hitter with the bases loaded. David Justice is on 3rd and the slowest man on Earth, Sid Bream, is on 2nd. The count is 2-1 and then...

BETTER VIDEO QUALITY HERE (but I love Skip Caray's call in the first video SO much more)

Fun fact...“Van Slyke told MLB Network that on the Francisco Cabrera game-winning hit, he motioned to Barry Bonds to move in. Bonds responded by giving him the finger, and the ball ended up landing exactly where Van Slyke said to play.”
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:48 PM 07-22-2021

Mario's Miracle.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 04:57 PM 07-22-2021
The 8th inning rally against the Houston Astro’s and the second quarter rally against the Houston Texans were my favorite sports moments from an unbelievable standpoint.

The Super Bowl sealing run by Playoff Damien, the Mahomes run in the AFC wild card game, Wasp, and Sammy Watkins TD bomb to seal the Lamar trophy were all definitely up there as well.
[Reply]
Bugeater 05:25 PM 07-22-2021
I can't imagine ever being higher than I was when this happened. It's a moment that a sports fan can only experience one time in their life.

[Reply]
Kman34 05:36 PM 07-22-2021
The NFL won't let me post it but hit the link... Being at this game and knowing as soon as Sammy caught this we were going to the Super Bowl.. I will never forget this moment... It was a huge party in the stands.. Srangers high fiveing each other and hugs everywhere...

[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:03 PM 07-22-2021
Two fairly recent that still drop my jaw every single time

[Reply]
Bearcat 06:05 PM 07-22-2021

[Reply]
hometeam 06:43 PM 07-22-2021

One of my favorite because I was there and that moment I knew that this was the real deal finally after 30 years of disappointment - nfl blocked it. But its pats run to end the quarter against the TItans.
[Reply]
Kman34 07:28 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by hometeam:

One of my favorite because I was there and that moment I knew that this was the real deal finally after 30 years of disappointment - nfl blocked it. But its pats run to end the quarter against the TItans.
I just want to cry tears of joy every time I see this run...
[Reply]
Lprechaun 07:33 PM 07-22-2021
I cant find the video but one of my favorite moments in sports was the press conference after George Brett's 3000 hit.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:39 PM 07-22-2021
Fucking youtube ruins the NFL shit.

All the playoffs in 2019 for KC.

Game 6 of Cards vs Rangers in 2011 still the best baseball game I ever watched. Couldn't sleep for hours afterwards.

Vanover winning MNF on a kick return.

Stoyo kicking the game winner at 53 yards against Denver in 1997 I think.

Grbac to Rison MNF against the Raiders as time expired to win it.

Green to Kennison against the Pack to win it in OT I think it was.

James Hasty INT against the Raiders to win it.

McGuire hitting #63 when I was in Vegas on my honeymoon.

Shit I could keep going.
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:15 PM 07-22-2021
Two iconic Royals moments.

[Reply]
Dartgod 08:19 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I can't imagine ever being higher than I was when this happened. It's a moment that a sports fan can only experience one time in their life.

I kind of prefer this one.

[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up