ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 173
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 04:57 AM 05-19-2016
With Dave (not sure if he is still with us or not), Saccopoo being AWOL and we likely know why, and Sheila dying, I feel so oddly alone. It was like I was part of this quartet fighting cancer in some form or another and now it's just me on my own. I know I have the support of so many here and other places as well, so I am not isolated, but I hope you can understand my feelings now of being alone.

One of my high school classmates had inflammatory breast cancer and she has been very supportive and has told me in detail much of her trials. I imagine she has felt like I do now when so many women in her support group died. Maybe I should send her a message.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 05:04 AM 05-19-2016
You are not alone man.. You have the love of your amazing family, your great friends, and lastly even this KC Chiefs bulletin board.

You are not alone, man. Try not to give into those feelings of depressions that you have worked so hard to stave off, even if it is somewhat natural to feel that way.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:13 AM 05-19-2016
We're here.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 05:20 AM 05-19-2016
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
You are not alone man.. You have the love of your amazing family, your great friends, and lastly even this KC Chiefs bulletin board.

You are not alone, man. Try not to give into those feelings of depressions that you have worked so hard to stave off, even if it is somewhat natural to feel that way.
Thank you very much, and I know I am not alone, like stranded by myself on a desert island. It's just that Dave, Sac, and Sheila, and I, it felt like a quartet I was part of and now three are gone. They knew firsthand much of what I was going through, and vice versa, so there was that ability to relate that we shared. I am still determined to kill the cancer within me, and I will, because it dies no matter if I do or don't. I'm just taking Sheila's death hard because her life was so damned unfair. Her louse of a husband assumed that since the doctors gave her a 15% chance to live, that she would die, so he hooked up with his current gf while Sheila was undergoing very intense surgeries and treatments.

She used to be a physically striking woman, red hair, blue eyes, 5'11" and all. The stomach cancer ruined all that, and her hair never grew back well, so she shaved her head and wore wigs. When I met her and she confided in me that she was so happy to be able to eat mashed potatoes, and the extra carbs brought her UP to 93 pounds, I was amazed at this woman's strength and what she was able to take joy in. A few months back, she talked about how she and her daughter went out into the forest and tossed her suicide pills into a river. She seemed to be improving, but then her kidneys started to go, and she had to have a hospice nurse again, which she hated having to rely on.

I never met her face to face and she wouldn't post photos of herself on her FB page, but she meant a lot to me, and I hope she knew that. I hope she was greeted in Heaven with a 72 oz. ribeye, a BAKED potato, and all sorts of crunchy stuff that she'd have to chew. That amazing woman sure had to deal with a lot of horrible things here on Earth.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:33 AM 05-19-2016
Sending good vibes to the Lone wolf cancer fighting machine.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:07 AM 05-19-2016
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
With Dave (not sure if he is still with us or not), Saccopoo being AWOL and we likely know why, and Sheila dying, I feel so oddly alone. It was like I was part of this quartet fighting cancer in some form or another and now it's just me on my own. I know I have the support of so many here and other places as well, so I am not isolated, but I hope you can understand my feelings now of being alone.

One of my high school classmates had inflammatory breast cancer and she has been very supportive and has told me in detail much of her trials. I imagine she has felt like I do now when so many women in her support group died. Maybe I should send her a message.
Tough times Lone, but don't feel alone. Of all the bad things this board can be, being here for you, and anybody who's ailing, is one of the things that makes this place great. And while I don't pray a lot, you are one who I do pray for. Not just for a cure, but a quality life too. Reading about your adventures tells me the latter is happening. You are a great person Lone, you be you, and smile as big and wide as Sheila wants.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:25 AM 05-19-2016
This made me feel a bit better today. Look at the size of that hound!
Attached: image.jpg (58.2 KB) 
[Reply]
ChiefGator 05:54 PM 05-19-2016
Did you run up and pull on it's hair exclaiming there must be two midgets in that dog costume? :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:19 PM 05-19-2016
Wow! That is badass.
[Reply]
go bo 06:31 PM 05-19-2016
I know! I guess I will just have to not die and come back here some day.
sounds like a plan to me!!!

it's great to see you enjoying yourself, you should do this more often...

i wish i could be there with you to see scotland...

my dad's side are scotch-irish and go all the way back to scotland in the 10th century...
[Reply]
go bo 06:35 PM 05-19-2016
And so my time in Scotland draws to an end. It was a blast here and five days in Edinburgh was far from boring or dull. I had to walk up a very steep incline on a street named Cockburn and the name was very odd since when I reached the top, it was my feet that were burning! I am about to check out of the hotel and head to the bus station to get a ride to the airport, then back to Denmark I go.
godspeed...
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 04:47 AM 05-20-2016
Originally Posted by go bowe:
godspeed...
It was LOW speed! My flight was delayed out of Edinburgh so I missed my flight to Aalborg out of Copenhagen, had to walk the entire length of the airport to get to the Norwegian ticket agent and book myself on the next flight, then had to go through security. I was supposed to be on the 19:00 flight but got on the 20:20 flight and at that time of day, the bus heading north comes every two hours, so I caught the very last bus to Lokken at 22:06 and arrived at 23:00, starving and exhausted. Being hungry for a long time is not good for me now, but I made it to the apartment and boiled 2 eggs and had some rye bread with butter and Havarti cheese. My feet were aching so much it took a while to fall asleep, but I slept pretty well overall.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:14 AM 05-20-2016
It was LOW speed! My flight was delayed out of Edinburgh so I missed my flight to Aalborg out of Copenhagen, had to walk the entire length of the airport to get to the Norwegian ticket agent and book myself on the next flight, then had to go through security. I was supposed to be on the 19:00 flight but got on the 20:20 flight and at that time of day, the bus heading north comes every two hours, so I caught the very last bus to Lokken at 22:06 and arrived at 23:00, starving and exhausted. Being hungry for a long time is not good for me now, but I made it to the apartment and boiled 2 eggs and had some rye bread with butter and Havarti cheese. My feet were aching so much it took a while to fall asleep, but I slept pretty well overall.
The price of adventure, my friend.:-)
[Reply]
stumppy 07:40 AM 05-20-2016
What dog ? Is he standing on the other side of that horse ?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:47 AM 05-20-2016
Keep smiling Lone.. We love ya man... (No homo....)
[Reply]
Page 93 of 173
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143 > Last »
Up