ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Cost of electricity
Holladay 01:18 PM 06-29-2022
I was wondering how come the electricity in my office was not lower after I made some serious improvements/changes.

I compared 12/21 bill vs 6/22. I about floored me.

kw/h

12/21 $0.0161
6/22 $0.0289

Holy crap that is a jump.

The company is Evergy.

This will probably end up in DC. But there are a number of posts related to money in the lounge.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:53 PM 06-29-2022
Southern California (SDGE) charges tiered pricing, depending upon the hours you use energy.

You use a lot during 4pm to 9pm.......you're getting hosed, big time.

AND - because in 2020, CA enacted a law that all new homes had to be built with solar, SDGE cried boo hoo that they werent getting the same profits as usual - so they raised prices.

bastards.
[Reply]
Holladay 02:59 PM 06-29-2022
I'll bring in a copy of the bill. Not only the kw/h, but they some really wonky surcharges. Something like a charge to "produce energy".

These are almost as back to decipher then the old day telephone bills.
[Reply]
Donger 03:00 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Southern California (SDGE) charges tiered pricing, depending upon the hours you use energy.

AND - because in 2020, CA enacted a law that all new homes had to be built with solar, SDGE cried boo hoo that they werent getting the same profits as usual - so they raised prices.

bastards.
That might be, but I know for a fact that SDG&E has a "program" for low-income folks. If you aren't part of that group, you are helping to pay for their electricity usage.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:40 PM 06-29-2022

bastards.
When I got sent an info letter on the new tiered pricing, it said I might even be able to save money by doing things like laundry earlier in the day!

The #@$#@'s never once mentioned that what is entirely driving this is air conditioning use which no, I'm not going to stop running my AC when it's still 100 degrees out.

And on the supply side 4~5 pm is too late for effective solar. Some sort of industrial battery storage ability to shift supply a few hours is sorely needed.

Yes, a few residentials' solar installations have battery packs. But most don't because they add a lot to the cost.
[Reply]
Hydrae 03:40 PM 06-29-2022

bastards.
My local electric provider wanted to charge solar customer for access to the lines to feed power into the grid to help offset the losses from those users not buying electricity directly. They got shut down but I am sure they will try to come up with some other way to get solar customers to still pay them.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:50 PM 06-29-2022
I have Entergy of Arkansas.
The ECR will increase from $0.00959 per kilowatt hour to $0.01785 per kWh, or from the current rate of just under 1 cent per kWh to 1.8 cents beginning with April 2022 billing.
This was a ridiculous rate increase, almost doubled.
I see what some of you are paying and I am astounded. As much as the change in my rate is atrocious, what some of you all have been and or are paying now is just mind boggling.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:53 PM 06-29-2022
I noticed a while back that my natural gas rates were about 70 percent higher than last year. It's going to be a long, cold winter.
[Reply]
neech 03:56 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I have evergy too they suck
We do, we don't have a choice.
[Reply]
neech 03:59 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Donger:
That might be, but I know for a fact that SDG&E has a "program" for low-income folks. If you aren't part of that group, you are helping to pay for their electricity usage.
You should qualify then, good for you.
[Reply]
Donger 04:12 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by neech:
You should qualify then, good for you.
Good one, Cleetus.
[Reply]
neech 04:15 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Donger:
Good one, Neech.
Thanks.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:08 PM 06-29-2022
#FJB

See you in DC
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:13 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Most likely are using natural gas to generate electricity. Have a look at the NG price chart of the last year or so.
I have some irrigation engines on Natural Gas. I’m acutely aware of the price. I haven’t thought about a hedge in a lot of years. Might be time.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:33 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
#FJB

See you in DC
Nah, but see you in the Gripe thread!
[Reply]
notorious 05:35 PM 06-29-2022
Those 3-phase dildos don't run off of hope and dreams.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up