ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 54
« First < 384445464748 49505152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
DeepSouth 05:44 PM 04-23-2024
Kyle Isbel is not the only problem with the Royals offense. Only four batters in today's lineup are batting over .200. Which means five are batting below .200. How can anyone be optimistic about scoring enough runs to win?
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:47 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
You and a lot of folks. The reality is, three weeks is far too small of a sample size for the baseball regular season. No way this team was ever 12-6 clip for 162 games good. If they can land somewhere in the mid/high 70's for a win total, that's a tremendous turnaround and can give us something to build on for next season. Anything above that is gravy and beyond for the 2024 season.
What in the actual fuck is the point in being a fan of you can't get excited about a good start?
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:51 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by DeepSouth:
Kyle Isbel is not the only problem with the Royals offense. Only four batters in today's lineup are batting over .200. Which means five are batting below .200. How can anyone be optimistic about scoring enough runs to win?
There isn't any issues with our offense? We've been shut out only 1 time and are top 10 in runs per game. The issue recently has been some bad starts.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:37 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
What in the actual **** is the point in being a fan of you can't get excited about a good start?
There’s nothing wrong with being excited. It’s a fun team to watch this season. But I think working in a dash of reality or at least an understanding of “hey this is cool but there’s a long way to go” is not a bad idea either.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:54 PM 04-23-2024
There’s nothing wrong with being excited. It’s a fun team to watch this season. But I think working in a dash of reality or at least an understanding of “hey this is cool but there’s a long way to go” is not a bad idea either.
Who wasn't doing that?
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:28 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Who wasn't doing that?
Well there was one guy here who said he thought we were looking at 90 wins. And I heard that type of talk from several others as well. Which would be great, obviously. Hope it happens. Again, I think it should be considered a very successful season if these guys can win 75 or so games.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 06:34 AM 04-24-2024
Well there was one guy here who said he thought we were looking at 90 wins. And I heard that type of talk from several others as well. Which would be great, obviously. Hope it happens. Again, I think it should be considered a very successful season if these guys can win 75 or so games.
I dunno man. Competing against some good teams is a pretty good sign for a team you're projecting to go below .500. the meat of the order is strong. The royals power Numbers seem likely to tick up as weather warms up.

Lugo does seem destined to get bounced to the Pen to me after weather warms up simply because of the warning track balls he's already giving up.
Ragans, Singer have exceeded expectations, but seem like candidates to continue to do so. Wacha could be a good three. I love Schreiber and McArthur for the pen, but we need more arms there.

Offensively though, Garcia is finally turning the corner, Witt looks like an MVP discussion candidate, Vinnie is back, Salvy miraculously looks Even better than years prior. Melendez looks like someone we can hold out some hope on, and Velasquez was a steal. Can Massey and Loftin be dudes this year? Can Waters come up?

I feel optimistic that this team ends up closer to the 90 than the 75.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 06:39 AM 04-24-2024
Garcia has also suffered severe bad luck btw. Check out his baseball savant page
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:48 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
I dunno man. Competing against some good teams is a pretty good sign for a team you're projecting to go below .500. the meat of the order is strong. The royals power Numbers seem likely to tick up as weather warms up.

Lugo does seem destined to get bounced to the Pen to me after weather warms up simply because of the warning track balls he's already giving up.
Ragans, Singer have exceeded expectations, but seem like candidates to continue to do so. Wacha could be a good three. I love Schreiber and McArthur for the pen, but we need more arms there.

Offensively though, Garcia is finally turning the corner, Witt looks like an MVP discussion candidate, Vinnie is back, Salvy miraculously looks Even better than years prior. Melendez looks like someone we can hold out some hope on, and Velasquez was a steal. Can Massey and Loftin be dudes this year? Can Waters come up?

I feel optimistic that this team ends up closer to the 90 than the 75.

Hope you’re right. I think a 30 game turnaround is a tall order but certainly won’t complain if that ends up being the case.
[Reply]
cmh6476 02:55 PM 04-24-2024
Great Expectations better show up again
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:35 PM 04-24-2024

Dominican twins brothers OF Luis Ramon King and SS Luis Steven King are expected to sign with the Kansas City Royals and Houston Astros when a new international signing period opens January 15, 2025, per sources.

They are two highly rated prospects from Sanamá City.

Estimated… pic.twitter.com/2SoUTiMZbv

— Francys Romero (@francysromeroFR) April 24, 2024

[Reply]
dlphg9 08:02 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I can't find anything about either one of these kids.
[Reply]
TLO 08:21 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
I want a series win against Toronto. A split would be acceptable.

I just want h this team to keep winning and competing.
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
That’s difficult to imagine.
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Make no mistake, I have no love for this iteration of the Jays. Sadly for you, though, even a mediocre Jays team will annihilate the fraud Royals this series.

It turns out that even if you're in the joke division that is the AL Central you can't play the White Sox every single week.
These posts are aging well. :-) :-)
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:23 PM 04-24-2024
James McArthur is HIM!! Dude is so fucking nasty, best closer since Wade Davis!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:29 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
These posts are aging well. :-) :-)
4 more games to go over the next week and the Jays probably aren't going to give away every single one of them with awful defense like the last two. Don't count your chickens quite yet...
[Reply]
Page 48 of 54
« First < 384445464748 49505152 > Last »
Up