ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 71
« First < 404647484950 5152535460 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyrann Mathieu: Chiefs fanbase “might be one of the most toxic in all of sports”
Jerm 06:26 PM 10-29-2021

Not a reputation you want to have with one of the most respected and vocal players in the league. https://t.co/4cqkrnxTUI

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) October 29, 2021

I’ll see you all in the fallout shelter…this thing is gonna blow….
[Reply]
-King- 02:19 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
LOL, I'm the melodramatic vag? Not the overreacting fans who have been crying like the world is ending because weve had a single setback? Who's the one being dramatic here? This is probably the most critical our fans have been since the end of the Pioli era and that is bizarre coming from a fan base that has been kissed by God by recent fortunes. It's fine to be critical, but goddamn our fans don't realize how really fucking good we have it right now.
You keep refusing to name 1 fanbase that's any different. What fan base isn't on Twitter or Reddit or message boards talking about their shitty players or good players who are playing shitty. Where should Mathieu sign next to get the safe spaces he so desperately needs?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:20 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
There really isn't.

Passionate fanbases, when they get pissed off, are going to grab their pitchforks to burn the entire thing to the ground.

No, Mathieu and Hitchens are not getting any more heat here than they'd be getting in Chicago or Baltimore or Oakland or Minnesota or Pittsburgh. They might escape a little scrutiny in Green Bay but FFS, Green Bay fans have fired missiles at Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre over the last decade or so.

You want quiet fans when you lose? Go to the Chargers in the offseason. If you want fans that are 'satisfied' at 3-4, go play for the Jets. Hell, if you want fans that are pissed off at you when you're winning go to Philly or Dallas. It could be a HELL of a lot worse.

In Kansas City you're going to get virtually unparalleled support when you're winning and honestly pretty reasonable levels of fan criticism when you aren't.

I'm not going to pretend like this fanbase has anything to apologize for.
Again, when did I say anyone had to be silent? You don't see a difference between being really pissed off and the laughable commentary about burning everything to the ground?

You got on my case because a few years ago I said Reid needed to do better. Now you're defending people who have told him to quit or that he will never figure out cover 2 or that mahomes is covering up his warts ?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:29 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
You keep refusing to name 1 fanbase that's any different. What fan base isn't on Twitter or Reddit or message boards talking about their shitty players or good players who are playing shitty. Where should Mathieu sign next to get the safe spaces he so desperately needs?
And again, stop suggesting that I'm saying we can't be critical. This is one of the worst criticisms than we've seen from our fans even when we weren't particularly good. And yeah, it is highly unusual for fans to talk about firing a GM and head coach after winning back to back super bowls.

Most fans attack their teams because they've had years sometimes decades of frustration. We know. We've been there before. Of course dolphins and browns fans are going to get upset over adversity. We've been struggling for a couple of weeks. And we still have it really damn good. We have every right to be very critical. But the end of the world shit is way over the top. We are still incredibly lucky to have the team we have.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:35 PM 10-31-2021
Again, when did I say anyone had to be silent? You don't see a difference between being really pissed off and the laughable commentary about burning everything to the ground?

You got on my case because a few years ago I said Reid needed to do better. Now you're defending people who have told him to quit or that he will never figure out cover 2 or that mahomes is covering up his warts ?
Many people are stupid. Many of them are also loud and militantly ignorant. And none of them know they're stupid.

But again - there's no getting around that. It just is what it is and what it will always be. If you have an engaged fanbase, you'll have the same proportion of loud and stupid fans when they're bad as you will when they're good.

What makes you think that things are at ALL different in KC than they are in any of those cities I mentioned? Everything is relative - at worst what players get here is on par with what they'd get elsewhere (and again, I think they're largely treated far better here).

Meanwhile Mathieu is specifically citing Kansas City as disproportionately 'toxic' and that's just horseshit. And folks like you are here to white knight the guy for saying something that is just facially ludicrous.

You're asking me to 'defend' loud and stupid (though much of it lately hasn't been stupid - it's been extremely fair). I'm simply reminding you that there is no curing it. It's ever-present. There will always be loud and stupid and the only way to silence them is apathy. I don't think that's what Mathieu wants either.

And again, you're also trying to paint Mathieu as bristling at over the top criticisms - that's just not the case. He's getting bent out of shape over reasonable analysis and extremely fair questions.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:36 PM 10-31-2021
And again, stop suggesting that I'm saying we can't be critical. This is one of the worst criticisms than we've seen from our fans even when we weren't particularly good. And yeah, it is highly unusual for fans to talk about firing a GM and head coach after winning back to back super bowls.

Most fans attack their teams because they've had years sometimes decades of frustration. We know. We've been there before. Of course dolphins and browns fans are going to get upset over adversity. We've been struggling for a couple of weeks. And we still have it really damn good. We have every right to be very critical. But the end of the world shit is way over the top. We are still incredibly lucky to have the team we have.
BAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
[Reply]
-King- 02:38 PM 10-31-2021

Ok, which makes it all the more frustrating when not only not succeed, but look absolutely abysmal while doing it. We're one of the worst defenses in the league. We had a top offense that just scored less points than in any game in the Alex Smith years.

Think about that for a second. A Patrick Mahomes team scored less points than the worst game of Alex Smiths time here. And you wonder why the fans are extremely frustrated?

Also, since when can't people on Twitter or instagram rank a GMs worst moves? That's what Hitchens replied to. Are the players so soft that people can't even rank bad moves on Instagram even if they don't @ the players? If so, then yeah, we need new players.
[Reply]
ChiTown 02:38 PM 10-31-2021
It’s pretty laughable at this point. He’s obviously emotionally invested in his POV to the point where he doesn’t want to attempt to understand that there’s really nothing unique about how our fans are reacting to the Chiefs disappointing season vs how other fans would react.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:38 PM 10-31-2021
If this is how much some internet comments shook him, imagine how bad some players get him on tilt.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:40 PM 10-31-2021
Ok, which makes it all the more frustrating when not only not succeed, but look absolutely abysmal while doing it. We're one of the worst defenses in the league. We had a top offense that just scored less points than in any game in the Alex Smith years.

Think about that for a second. A Patrick Mahomes team scored less points than the worst game of Alex Smiths time here. And you wonder why the fans are extremely frustrated?

Also, since when can't people on Twitter or instagram rank a GMs worst moves? That's what Hitchens replied to. Are the players so soft that people can't even rank bad moves on Instagram even if they don't @ the players? If so, then yeah, we need new players.
Hitchens plays like a mentally soft player. No fire.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:45 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
It’s pretty laughable at this point. He’s obviously emotionally invested in his POV to the point where he doesn’t want to attempt to understand that there’s really nothing unique about how our fans are reacting to the Chiefs disappointing season vs how other fans would react.
That is zillas MO whether he's talking football or politics

Once he decides to get up on the stump, there is no turning back with him... he's gonna take on the world one overly dramatic post at a time
[Reply]
ChiTown 02:59 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
That is zillas MO whether he's talking football or politics

Once he decides to get up on the stump, there is no turning back with him... he's gonna take on the world one overly dramatic post at a time
I’ve lived in a couple of different NFL cities. KC is soft, like Charmin soft by comparison. Anyone (I’m looking at you, HB) using Twitter as their measuring stick for Fan behavior is lol stupid. He needs to disengage from social media altogether and stop mirroring all the little twats on Twitter
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:17 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Hitchens plays like a mentally soft player. No fire.
Hitchens is definitely clearly part of the problem on D. Hopefully we can replace him sooner rather than later.

To have an overpaid defensive player make those types of comments on Twitter during a 3-4 season and w a historically bad defense is ridiculous.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 03:23 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
BAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Well. God damn.

I totally missed the fact that we just won back to back Superbowls.

I rescind all criticisms, and commit the rest of the day to re watching the superbowl, and pay closer attention to how we beat the Buccaneers.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:23 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Hitchens is definitely clearly part of the problem on D. Hopefully we can replace him sooner rather than later.

To have an overpaid defensive player make those types of comments on Twitter during a 3-4 season and w a historically bad defense is ridiculous.
A 'team leader' makes it all the worse.

And when you listen to Nate Taylor, he's been telling people for 2-3 years to just accept that Hitchens is here and he's not leaving because the front office loves him. They have him leading meetings and consider him a cornerstone of the locker room.

Now he's not saying that anymore - he knows Hitch is gone after this year. But he's said all along that Hitchens is one of the key leaders of the defense and Taylor's damn plugged in.

So seeing Hitchens and Mathieu act like this - I mean shit, is there ANY question why this defense is playing this poorly?

Frank Clark gets himself arrested by being a moron and comes in out of shape. Mathieu and Hitchens are starting fights on social media and calling out the fans. The leadership on the defensive side of the ball put a stamp on this season and mailed it in.

But hey - point that out and you're toxic. It's your own fault for not being satisfied.
[Reply]
oldman 03:24 PM 10-31-2021
Perhaps the most vexing part of this saga is why Mathieu felt it necessary to get involved. Hitchens is an adult, hopefully capable of taking care of himself. Why did Mathieu white knight this issue? Sure, you can say he defending his teammate, but did he have to call out an entire fan base? I don't give a rat's ass if he's intense, or whatever else you want to call it, it wasn't his fight. Don't want to hear well-deserved criticism? Stay off Twitter. Don't want to say something that will cost you money? Stay off Twitter. How hard is that? A few internet trolls hiding behind a handle shouldn't be how you judge the support of the fans. You want to be a leader? Lead. You want to defend your teammates? Don't throw up your hands when someone makes a mistake. You've talked plenty of trash over the years and now that it's being tossed your way, you can't handle it? Deron Cherry could, MR. Willie Lanier could, DT could and they took action rather than calling out the fans.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 71
« First < 404647484950 5152535460 > Last »
Up