ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 245 of 335
« First < 145195235241242243244245 246247248249255295 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Gravedigger 04:19 PM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
:-)
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 05:11 PM 06-20-2016
While the battle for the North was unbelievable, I think one thing not getting enough attention is the fact that Dany now has potentially one of the best infantries (Unsullied), cavalry (Dothraki), navy (Ironborn), and the only aerial attack available. Toss in Tyrion's knowledge and tactical skills, she now enjoys an advantage in any location she chooses to fight.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:05 PM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
God and baby Jesus I loved that shot. Rewound it like 10 times.

Can't say for certain they pulled it off here, but there is an almost identical shot in Ran with no special effects added, just composition and lenswork.

Wish I knew where to find it [maybe it was a feature of a Criterion DVD] but I saw a featurette on Kurosawa's use of that deep field focus in Ran. That shot cemented for me that Ran was one of their big references in composing the Battle of the Bastards.
[Reply]
kcpasco 06:11 PM 06-20-2016
Men were loyal to Ramsay out of fear instead of respect, that was the perfect way for him to die.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:16 PM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
God and baby Jesus I loved that shot. Rewound it like 10 times.

Can't say for certain they pulled it off here, but there is an almost identical shot in Ran with no special effects added, just composition and lenswork.
There is no way they put one of their lead actors in front of 50 charging horses.

He was comped in for sure in post.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:18 PM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
While the battle for the North was unbelievable, I think one thing not getting enough attention is the fact that Dany now has potentially one of the best infantries (Unsullied), cavalry (Dothraki), navy (Ironborn), and the only aerial attack available. Toss in Tyrion's knowledge and tactical skills, she now enjoys an advantage in any location she chooses to fight.
The only thing that can stop her is the White Walkers.

What tricks do they have up their sleeves? :-)
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:34 PM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Uhh, the only time we saw the Unsullied fight. They got beat by a bunch of dagger wielding masked people. They broke formation and got killed.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:41 PM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by Smellway:
There is no way they put one of their lead actors in front of 50 charging horses.

He was comped in for sure in post.
With the right lenses, those horses could be 50 or more yards away in reality.

Like I said, I wish I knew where to find the featurette, but this particular setup completely removes depth of field. Everything is in hyperfocus, near and far. And the faraway objects can travel great distance toward the camera without appearing to cover much distance.

EDIT: IIRC, that was one of the subtle jokes in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. In the scene where they are storming the castle, and the two guards watch disinterested as they run forever towards them, then in the next cut they are right upon them slashing their throats. It's making fun of how cinematographers play with depth of field in battle scenes.

[Reply]
Sorter 06:45 PM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Make yourself useful and gif up that scene.
:-)
[Reply]
Sorter 06:51 PM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Jon is more like Ned Baelor fucking Breakspear than Rob Valarr ever was.
Fixed.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:57 PM 06-20-2016
I think something is going on with Jon. He looked unnaturally invincible in that battle and there's no way the horses shouldn't have trampled him.

That bitch did something to him and we're going to find out in the next episode.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 07:00 PM 06-20-2016
I think something is going on with Jon. He looked unnaturally invincible in that battle and there's no way the horses shouldn't have trampled him.

That bitch did something to him and we're going to find out in the next episode.
The cavalry clashed right in front of him. Once cavalry is engaged its speed is negated and its formation breaks up reducing the shock of the unit. Packed and disciplined infantry has always been the bane of cavalry.Horses are smart enough to not run into anything that looks solid after all.
[Reply]
Sorter 07:00 PM 06-20-2016

That bitch did something to him That motherfucker is Azor Ahai and we're going to find out in the next episode.
Fixed.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:07 PM 06-20-2016

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:08 PM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
The cavalry clashed right in front of him. Once cavalry is engaged its speed is negated and its formation breaks up reducing the shock of the unit. Packed and disciplined infantry has always been the bane of cavalry.Horses are smart enough to not run into anything that looks solid after all.
OK, but there's still the rest of the battle. It was like a video game and he had more HP than everyone else.
[Reply]
Page 245 of 335
« First < 145195235241242243244245 246247248249255295 > Last »
Up