ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 191
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
O.city 08:59 AM 11-14-2023
They need to grow their own something. If it's OT's, go for it. If it's WR's fine.

They just need to get good players.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 11:52 AM 11-14-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't know. Nobody does.
Well, Worthy can actually run a full route tree and excels in getting separation in tight spaces.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:36 PM 11-14-2023
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
Well, Worthy can actually run a full route tree and excels in getting separation in tight spaces.
Well, if he can do that at 4.29, I'm in.

And he probably won't be in reach.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:54 PM 11-14-2023
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Going back-to-back with a couple of these guys might not be the worst thing. Coleman and Franklin to go along with Rice for the next few seasons wouldn't be a bad thing.

Coleman highlights:

Franklin highlights:

Give me Franklin!
[Reply]
Stryker 09:01 PM 11-14-2023
My thoughts are what is the status of the Chiefs after this season? WE NEED WR bad but, what about our own? Jones, Sneed, Gay? Our TE situation and future offensive line? DE need if Jones walks. So very many questions and at our draft position, how do you begin to replenish this team - looking at the bigger picture. My gifted members of CP - what do you do? How do you mange this in the offseason and strategically manage the draft? :-)
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:22 AM 11-15-2023
Originally Posted by Stryker:
My thoughts are what is the status of the Chiefs after this season? WE NEED WR bad but, what about our own? Jones, Sneed, Gay? Our TE situation and future offensive line? DE need if Jones walks. So very many questions and at our draft position, how do you begin to replenish this team - looking at the bigger picture. My gifted members of CP - what do you do? How do you mange this in the offseason and strategically manage the draft? :-)
To start, don't let Jones walk for nothing. If he has to play somewhere else, trade him for the picks we need to replenish the team.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 02:58 PM 11-15-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, if he can do that at 4.29, I'm in.

And he probably won't be in reach.
Here's what the draft guy on my Longhorns forum posted today in a column about the Longhorns likely to be drafted. On a side note, Ryan Watts is probably a CB we should have on the radar for a late round pick. Big bodied corner who excels in press coverage. Will probably run in the 4.5-4.55 range that Watson ran in when we drafted him. I try not wear my homer glasses here when it comes to Texas, but we do have a fair amount of guys this year who would fit what we're trying to do both defensively and offensively this year.

Xavier Worthy:

Projection: 2nd RD

He’ll crush speed and agility numbers and will receive high marks for his work ethic and toughness relative to his size. His hands, ball-tracking, and ball skills will hurt his draft stock. There aren’t a ton of heavily contested catches, or receptions when he climbs the ladder on his tape.

I think Worthy will go in the second round but there’s an outside shot he goes in the first because of his elite ability to create separation.

I see him more as a WR2.

Adonai Mitchell:

Projection: 1st or 2nd RD

I could see Mitchell going anywhere from 25-45. I’ll be curious to see how he runs but for a taller player he sure has a knack for winning deep. He has the traits to become a quality intermeidate route runner. We know he has a big catch radius.

His best ball will be played in the NFL. Mitchell has a high ceiling to go with already good production. He could develop into a legit WR1.
[Reply]
Palangi 07:07 PM 11-15-2023
Another guy to keep an eye on is Bryan Thomas. The other LSU WR. He’s 6’4” 204 and will run in the 4.3’s. Runs good routes and creates separation. Is a sleeper that is climbing up boards.
http://https://youtu.be/7cCP27uR9ds?si=LRwGEgj3IL9z7cWl

https://youtu.be/7cCP27uR9ds?si=LRwGEgj3IL9z7cWl
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:01 AM 11-16-2023
Worthy's scouting report makes him sound a lot like Hardman. Super fast, great acceleration, not great at tracking the ball in the air.

Mitchell's size/speed are a lot more attractive to me, of the UT receivers. I like him or Polk out of Washington as my end-of-round-1 options right now.

A rounds 1-2 that ends with KC holding a WR and an OT make me pretty happy. Especially if those two are Adonai Mitchell and Kingsley Suamataia.
[Reply]
JPH83 07:52 AM 11-16-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Worthy's scouting report makes him sound a lot like Hardman. Super fast, great acceleration, not great at tracking the ball in the air.

Mitchell's size/speed are a lot more attractive to me, of the UT receivers. I like him or Polk out of Washington as my end-of-round-1 options right now.

A rounds 1-2 that ends with KC holding a WR and an OT make me pretty happy. Especially if those two are Adonai Mitchell and Kingsley Suamataia.
Agree 100% with all of this, OT and WR after R2, and I prefer Mitchell over Worthy.
[Reply]
O.city 09:06 AM 11-16-2023
We just drafted an OT in the 3rd round last year.

I don't think I'd spend another on it if I didn't have to.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:49 AM 11-16-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
We just drafted an OT in the 3rd round last year.

I don't think I'd spend another on it if I didn't have to.
Hard to say without knowing how Morris is progressing. Is he simply a career backup or could he start at either LT or RT? No way for any of us to know that. If they somehow feel like he could step in at LT then great, may not need a high pick at RT.

It should also be mentioned that Jawaan Taylor is guaranteed to be here in 2024, could be moved on from in 2025 but less likely. 2026 is a likely time for them to let go of Taylor. Finding a cheaper alternative in the next year or two at RT would be a good cost saving move, particularly if more cap is allocated soon to Creed and/or T. Smith.
[Reply]
O.city 11:48 AM 11-16-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Hard to say without knowing how Morris is progressing. Is he simply a career backup or could he start at either LT or RT? No way for any of us to know that. If they somehow feel like he could step in at LT then great, may not need a high pick at RT.

It should also be mentioned that Jawaan Taylor is guaranteed to be here in 2024, could be moved on from in 2025 but less likely. 2026 is a likely time for them to let go of Taylor. Finding a cheaper alternative in the next year or two at RT would be a good cost saving move, particularly if more cap is allocated soon to Creed and/or T. Smith.
He's the RT for the next 3 years. Worry about finding his succession plan later.

If they can get a LT in the draft early, great. But they need to find out what they've got in Morris one way or another and stop burning 3rd rounders on developmental guys and not playing them.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:08 PM 11-16-2023
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Well here's what I can tell you 100% for sure:

We don't have any idea what Veach is going to do.

:-)

But the reality is that, just like last year, and this year, there will be question marks in the offseason, and positions that seem unsettled, and giant question marks.

It's just the way it is.
[Reply]
O.city 07:47 AM 11-17-2023
It's why you don't go into drafts with needs all the rage. Just keep stacking good players and fill around it.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 191
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up