Page 22 of 99
« First < 121819202122 232425263272 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL STOCK CHALLENGE & DISCUSSION THREAD****
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:48 AM 03-24-2022
Stock Discussion
[Reply]
scho63 07:40 AM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Care to share. I know the unionization thing is pretty major.

But there is a LOT of money in the stock market that is tied to Amazon stock.
We just came up for our review early April and I went from being underpaid to being vastly underpaid. No pay cut but I was using this year's annual review as the decision point. I've made 50-70/ hr for over 35 years and I'm so far from that here it's not funny. I only took this job for one reason-I knew they wouldn't be going out of business anytime soon.

I also lost control of my health again these last two years and I'm taking 6-12 months off to get in shape. Make my health my job like I did in 2017.

I also see Amazon being backed into a box with higher costs for a few years and growth slowing for a variety of reasons. While they are growing new lines of business and expanding into many more cities, those moves come with higher costs.

I don't see much happening here positive for the next 2 years and by then I'll be close to retirement.

So like I mentioned to other CP posters when they asked, if you're in a job you don't like or are underpaid, move on. That's what I am doing. :-)
[Reply]
scho63 10:33 AM 05-01-2022
OFFICIAL NEWS: We suck at picking stocks in a down, inflation driven market. Only one portfolio in the black. Many down 15%, 20%, 25% even 35%. OUCH.

Congrats HonestChiefFan for winning the 1st month with a 1.05% gain!!!!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:05 AM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
OFFICIAL NEWS: We suck at picking stocks in a down, inflation driven market. Only one portfolio in the black. Many down 15%, 20%, 25% even 35%. OUCH.

Congrats HonestChiefFan for winning the 1st month with a 1.05% gain!!!!
Did you notice that none of the members here that are professional stock traders joined in the challenge. I wonder why?:-)
[Reply]
lewdog 11:39 AM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Did you notice that none of the members here that are professional stock traders joined in the challenge. I wonder why?:-)
As I've tried to tell you dumbasses, professional traders don't trade during times like these. No one is smart enough to make a killing trading in a choppy/down market.

You're welcome.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:02 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
As I've tried to tell you dumbasses, professional traders don't trade during times like these. No one is smart enough to make a killing trading in a choppy/down market.

You're welcome.
I should be a professional trader because during a bull market I kick ass . :-)

Anyway this was just a fun little game. They could have given it a shot and they could have put the VIX (up 62% since 4/1) in their portfolio.
I think they know they couldn't beat the S&P Index and didn't want to play a game too hard to win .

I think DaFace has the best strategy, putting my money on him. This is a 12 month project though, there's time for things to turn around.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:05 PM 05-01-2022
I should be a professional trader because during a bull market I kick ass . :-)

Anyway this was just a fun little game. They could have given it a shot and they could have put the VIX (up 62% since 4/1) in their portfolio.
I think they know they couldn't beat the S&P Index and didn't want to play a game too hard to win .

I think DaFace has the best strategy, putting my money on him. This is a 12 month project though, there's time for things to turn around.
I bought dogs....which are turning into huge dogs!

Cathie Wood has nothing on me!!!!!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:09 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I bought dogs....which are turning into huge dogs!

Cathie Wood has nothing on me!!!!!
We should have made the challenge against ARK instead of the SPY. We're kicking her ASS.

Also it's ironic we started this during the worst month in the history of stocks EVER. :-)

Now Royals in 5...4...3...2....1
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:54 AM 05-02-2022
Taking a swing on ACCD ,it showed up on the screener this morning. Just got in a 5.59

Might take a couple days but I think 10% can be made.

Or lost!
Sold at 6.15 less than 30 minutes into market open. 10% swing.

Easy as pie.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:05 AM 05-02-2022
Did you see the updated OP? You slid in like a Ninja!
I'm losing money slower than almost anybody. That's a huge win.

Now I'm stalking honestchieffan, waiting to make my move.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:11 AM 05-02-2022
Spy down 12% on the year

8% of that was in April
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:13 AM 05-02-2022
My guy Raytheon is eating massive amounts of shit.

<---- This guy here is a dumbass LOL
[Reply]
stumppy 09:40 AM 05-02-2022
Sold at 6.15 less than 30 minutes into market open. 10% swing.

Easy as pie.
:-)

Damnit, got busy this morning and forgot about this.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:17 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by stumppy:
:-)

Damnit, got busy this morning and forgot about this.
Did you grab some ?

I left a lot on the table as it's been up to 7.23 today. Could have made over 27% if I'd used a 2% trailing SL. What I've been doing is just setting a 10% sell order after I buy trying not to be greedy. I'm still learning.
[Reply]
stumppy 11:43 AM 05-02-2022
Did you grab some ?

I left a lot on the table as it's been up to 7.23 today. Could have made over 27% if I'd used a 2% trailing SL. What I've been doing is just setting a 10% sell order after I buy trying not to be greedy. I'm still learning.
No, missed out damnit. Got busy and forgot.
[Reply]
scho63 02:22 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I'm putting stock into Billay's Mom
When do you receive your first dividend? :-)
[Reply]
Page 22 of 99
« First < 121819202122 232425263272 > Last »
Up