ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 663 of 3903
« First < 163563613653659660661662663 66466566666767371376311631663 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
loochy 03:12 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
They've been on a "no front tag" kick the last few months. Have to generate that revenue, no matter the risk of exposure.

Crap.

I have no front tag (and haven't for years). I guess I should buy one of those holders that screws into my tow hook hole.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 03:14 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
New Yorkers fleeing their state’s house arrest measures and heading to Florida.

Shocking.
Idiots, we don’t want you here.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:16 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
It's no longer accurate to say that we have no wide spread testing.
if others get define terms in here, I’ll define what what is “accurate” about wide spread testing.

How about in a country that has 330 million people, that we test at least 1% of them to declare wide spread testing has been done?
[Reply]
Donger 03:16 PM 03-23-2020
Starting to stink of DC in here again...
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:17 PM 03-23-2020
https://nypost.com/2020/03/22/florid...aved-his-life/

hydroxychloroquine Lets go dude just use the fucking shit
[Reply]
Bob Dole 03:17 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Crap.

I have no front tag (and haven't for years). I guess I should buy one of those holders that screws into my tow hook hole.
I haven't had one for 25 years and got pulled over twice between July and September. It's zip tied to my front bumper now because there was no bracket.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:18 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
reasonable people look at this like it i hysteria, but the cat is out of the bag.
He doesn't need to put it in every post he makes, I don't say people using words like hysteria are ignorant in every post I make, well maybe just this one.

everyone one has a different opinion on what is reasonable or not. so using these terms are probably better left in DC.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 03:19 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
They’ve ticked up to just slightly more than yesterday.

But both the current CA and NY numbers are amazingly good news if they stay that way the rest of the day. Almost know day over day increase. As I posted before, if NY can stay under 5800 today (and tomorrow at this rate) then they will have slowed it from doubling every two days to doubling every week and at that rate they should have enough ventilators and beds to fight it.

The next area of need must be PPE/supplies but if we’re looking for a silver lining this is pure gold.
I will leave this here; it is from someone in local government in NY that just posted it in a private Facebook group I belong to about 15 minutes ago:

Originally Posted by :
Well, the "good news" (I am doing my Professor Farnsworth voice) is we only had 34 new cases today (noon to noon) in our region (4 counties of the Capital District, Albany and environs). The bad news is this is because they stopped testing three days ago because they're out of tests -- presumably being held downstate in NYC which is in an emergency right now -- and these are just the cases that finally came back at the end of their stack. It's bad. I calculated before the testing ground to a trickle that we'd be hitting 1% infection rate within the week.

Locally I've got four in-real-life friends with a positive diagnosis, and there's another six or seven family members who are symptomatic and haven't been tested. There's a sort of shelter-in-place request by medical providers to not come in unless symptoms worsen, since there's nothing to be done for mild cases and you can't flood the zone right now without stressing out healthcare for everybody else. Everybody I know is pretty damn cooperative right now, and fortunately nobody's gravely ill just yet, although a couple are somewhat distressingly MIA from reporting in the last day.

Statewide we're doubling every two days. No sign of an inflection point at all; it's been steady exponential growth and we should be hitting 100,000 statewide in 3 or 4 days depending on how craptaculous the testing situation is. The growth rate is the same inside the NYC metro area and outside -- again, tested cases. I have no idea how other regions of the state are doing testing wise but there are now cases in *every* single county in New York and new ones reported overnight in all but five (and those are all small rural counties). There's no containment -- there's no place to contain it except by statewide shutdown, which may have come two weeks too late given the apparent incubation period.

There's three dozen positives at Riker's Island, one of the worst holes in the country (cue Dostoevsky) for a plain old municipal jail and a place that should have been burned to the ground fifty years ago and replaced by smaller, specialized jails closer to neighborhoods. A friend of a friend in corrections relays they're doing NO testing in the upstate state prisons as yet, it's clearly taken root, and the prison populations are getting restive (there's cell phones on the inside everywhere, they know what's going on) and the guards are backing off.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:19 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Idiots, we don’t want you here.
all the airline flights from NY to Florida are full. Usually the snowbirds are flying back home to their homes in the north.
[Reply]
Donger 03:19 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
if others get define terms in here, I’ll define what what is “accurate” about wide spread testing.

How about in a country that has 330 million people, that we test at least 1% of them to declare wide spread testing has been done?
Okay. We are now actively testing in all states. Thousands a day and rapidly increasing. Almost double what the UK has done.

And yes, I know our population and that we got a late start.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:20 PM 03-23-2020

Our experience suggests that hydroxychloroquine should be a first-line treatment for Covid-19. We can use it to save lives and prevent others from becoming infected, write @DrJeffColyer and Daniel Hinthorn https://t.co/U1XU9bxF6J via @WSJ

— Kimberley Strassel (@KimStrassel) March 23, 2020

[Reply]
Fat Elvis 03:21 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
It's no longer accurate to say that we have no wide spread testing.
Going from *no* testing to *minimal* testing does not mean that there is widespread testing.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:22 PM 03-23-2020

Covid-19: India Recommends Hydroxychloroquine As Prophylaxis For Healthcare Providers, Patient Family Members https://t.co/FWwOzZcTn9

— Scott Adams (@ScottAdamsSays) March 23, 2020

[Reply]
Fat Elvis 03:23 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Let's hope it works.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:23 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
Going from *no* testing to *minimal* testing does not mean that there is widespread testing.
By the end of the day we will have conducted more test than South Korea has to date... Move to a different point because this one is no longer valid
[Reply]
Page 663 of 3903
« First < 163563613653659660661662663 66466566666767371376311631663 > Last »
Up