« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Derek Carr fucking sucks
staylor26 02:10 PM 12-10-2017
That is all
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:58 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So the Chiefs broke them.

By putting it out there and then snatching it away, they gave the Raiders a tiny glimpse of hope and it really sent their season of the rails.

The number of times you see them reference that KC game is really just pretty damn surprising. They really did let one game toraudio the entire year and they are FIRMLY convinced that, had they won it, things would've been different.

KC really is an 800 lb gorilla at this point, either. Merely almost beating them is enough to throw everything into complete chaos.
Lol, 'toraudio'?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:03 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, 'toraudio'?
Yeah, one of these days I'll remember that filter.

Probably not anytime soon...
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:12 PM 01-16-2023
Yeah, one of these days I'll remember that filter.

Probably not anytime soon...
:-)
Hey, I didn't even know the filter existed until a week ago or whatever. Couldn't figure out what was going on for a minute. Just chuckling that someone else tripped over that one.
[Reply]
O.city 04:19 PM 01-16-2023
I mean......that article could have been written in 2009 in KC. It's just patriot way bullshit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:23 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I mean......that article could have been written in 2009 in KC. It's just patriot way bullshit.
I actually had more respect for McDaniel coming out of that article than I had going into it.

But yeah, if you take Patriots Way bullshit and then put it in the hands of some half-cocked psychopath like Todd Haley....well we saw how it worked out.

I do think that sort of approach - hyperaccountability and details over everything - can work. But man, you've gotta build it from the ground up to avoid these sorts of culture shocks. And you're walking a really really thin line.

Because Carr's reaction is 100% predictable and it won't be just him that responds that way. At some point I think you need some way to salvage that kind of situation.
[Reply]
O.city 04:26 PM 01-16-2023
I actually had more respect for McDaniel coming out of that article than I had going into it.

But yeah, if you take Patriots Way bullshit and then put it in the hands of some half-cocked psychopath like Todd Haley....well we saw how it worked out.

I do think that sort of approach - hyperaccountability and details over everything - can work. But man, you've gotta build it from the ground up to avoid these sorts of culture shocks. And you're walking a really really thin line.

Because Carr's reaction is 100% predictable and it won't be just him that responds that way. At some point I think you need some way to salvage that kind of situation.
You just burn people out and they tune you out. I coached my oldest 3rd year old football team this year and it's clear even at that level. Coaching just isn't a one size fits all thing. Some guys need motivated, some guys need coddled, etc.

The biggest part of coaching is figuring out who's who and when to push the throttle, or pull the reigns back a bit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:32 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
You just burn people out and they tune you out. I coached my oldest 3rd year old football team this year and it's clear even at that level. Coaching just isn't a one size fits all thing. Some guys need motivated, some guys need coddled, etc.

The biggest part of coaching is figuring out who's who and when to push the throttle, or pull the reigns back a bit.
Try as you might, if you do that, you'll get the 'different standards' label.

I mean, my position is typically "Yeah - I hold people to different standards because...duh, why wouldn't you?"

But you WILL lose guys doing it that way as well.
[Reply]
O.city 04:48 PM 01-16-2023
Try as you might, if you do that, you'll get the 'different standards' label.

I mean, my position is typically "Yeah - I hold people to different standards because...duh, why wouldn't you?"

But you WILL lose guys doing it that way as well.
There's a difference of holding everyone accountable vs coaching them differently though. I think atleast.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:51 PM 01-16-2023
Just adding my two cents, but it's all in the presentation.

I remember reading an interview with Montana, where he was explaining his relationship with Bill Walsh. He said that during film review, Walsh would criticize Joe when necessary but wouldn't really tear into him in front of the team.

He'd do it in his office behind closed doors. Joe said some of those office sessions were the worst experiences of his career (but always accurate), but that he appreciated that Walsh never ripped him a new one in front of the team.

When I managed sales offices I took the same tack; I never ripped people in public. Criticisms, sure, but if I felt someone needed a kick in the pants, that happened in private.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:09 PM 01-16-2023
Someone will give up a 3rd for him. At worst.

Betting he gets a 2nd.

Wentz got traded when everyone knew he was getting cut. Smith got traded when everyone knew he was getting cut.

Carr will have trade value.
He's a clear cut upgrade for a number of teams
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:14 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Article by Hondo Carpenter who has always had Carrs back and has always been a Carr fanboy. Great read:

https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/the-b...els-mark-davis

"ENDERSON, Nev.-As with any divorce, there are always two sides to what went wrong, and usually, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

In doing my due diligence for this article, I spoke to multiple sources from the Raiders and others who gave me superb information about Derek Carr throughout my three years covering him and this team. I talked to numerous players about the situation and others who would lend credibility to the situation. Here is what I have learned.

After you read this, my goal is not to be happy for one side or the other, and my goal is to tell you the truth, so you can learn how complicated this past season was and why this divorce is better for Derek Carr and the Las Vegas Raiders."
Yeah, get used to Brotherfucking Cheatriot Fuckbag puff pieces.

Shit like:

Originally Posted by :
While never deviating from his process, he did his best to try to keep things moving in a forward direction.
Originally Posted by :
Throughout it all, McDaniels kept preaching the process. Guys appreciated what he was trying to do.
Originally Posted by :
In both games, Carr struggled with execution at times with decisions that made no sense. While none of the losses sit squarely on his shoulders, the McDaniels and Ziegler brain trust believes that better QB play can overcome weaknesses. They had seen Brady do it for years and even Mac Jones as a rookie.
Nevermind that assuredly McDouche spouted off how he was the smartest motherfucker that ever lived and could scheme around whatever. It won't ever be the process, it will always be the people. Even if the said process produced those people.

I got a little Franchise Killer Pioli PTSD reading some of that shit.

This did make me chuckle.

Originally Posted by :
As one player said, "Maxx Crosby, Josh Jacobs and Davante Adams played on the team, they played at a high level all year. Let's not pretend it was mean spirited to put the blame, when due on Derek Carr as well."
Yeah? Smoking your own guy and then shoving some 130 lb camera kid is playing at a high level? Awesome.
[Reply]
jdubya 06:01 PM 01-16-2023
Al Davis is credited with the "Commitment To Excellence" that is on walls all over Raider HQ and locker rooms. As a fan who has watched nearly every snap in every Raider game for decades, that slogan has meant nothing for nearly 20 years or so.

The article posted above makes total sense in why Carr needs to move on. He was comfortably coddled in a rah rah environment where "lets do our best and just have fun" was good enough. When the Mc Z team came in, they are all business about doing what it takes to win and that made some uncomfortable. If it hurts some egos and feelings, so be it. It is seemingly obvious most of the team leaders like Maxx, Adams, Jacobs and others have bought into the new regime. Time will tell but as a long time fan, it is refreshing that the expectations of excellence are back and there will be no more players on scholarships. I'm more excited with our GM Ziegler and his drive than I am about McD. Hes a very sharp dude.....I think. Lets see what happens. One thing that is certain, the Raider way of doing things the last 20 years hasn't worked.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:03 PM 01-16-2023
Al Davis is credited with the "Commitment To Excellence" that is on walls all over Raider HQ and locker rooms. As a fan who has watched nearly every snap in every Raider game for decades, that slogan has meant nothing for nearly 20 years or so.

The article posted above makes total sense in why Carr needs to move on. He was comfortably coddled in a rah rah environment where "lets do our best and just have fun" was good enough. When the Mc Z team came in, they are all business about doing what it takes to win and that made some uncomfortable. If it hurts some egos and feelings, so be it. It is seemingly obvious most of the team leaders like Maxx, Adams, Jacobs and others have bought into the new regime. Time will tell but as a long time fan, it is refreshing that the expectations of excellence are back and there will be no more players on scholarships. I'm more excited with our GM Ziegler and his drive than I am about McD. Hes a very sharp dude.....I think. Lets see what happens. One thing that is certain, the Raider way of doing things the last 20 years hasn't worked.
Sooo, you all in on Brady?
[Reply]
jdubya 07:24 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Sooo, you all in on Brady?
Haha....I was 2-4 years ago. Can I put his brains and work ethic in a rookies body? :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:59 PM 01-16-2023

Not an unreasonable post.

But I will tell you, don’t buy in too much. You’re on it. Ziegler matters more than McD. Especially right now. I’m guessing McDouche can scheme. If Ziegler can’t get Dudes that can play in, the message gets stale quick. The saying goes it's not about the X's and O's its about the Jimmies and Joes. Its kind of right, scheme matters not if personnel is shit. but it does matter.

And it’s a problem. Nick Caserio is on record saying he had to go talk to Kraft about trades Belicheat would do without consulting ANYONE in personnel. Obviously Franchise Killer Pioli didn’t know fuckall about personnel.

And the detail stuff might be fine for Belicheat who has shit locked down, but it typically isn’t for teams that blow ass. Essentially mental capacity is limited and using it on dumb shit (like gum wrappers and interrogating staff about leaks - like Pioli) leads to missing the boat on big shit (like oh hey, maybe we should figure out if Casshole can play). Ultimately you work on the big shit first and once you’re competent then you can dial in on the little shit.

Maybe McDouche has figured that out. But reading between the lines, it sounds like Cheatriot shit. Pioli sent some goon looking motherfuckers to games to make sure everybody was compliant on the sidelines. Nevermind the tire fire on the field. Clark also had to settle some legitimate employee lawsuits because Pioi was a Nazi. Maybe he’s figured it out maybe he hasn’t.

All I can say is good luck. I’m a never a Brotherfucking Cheatriot Fuckbag kind of guy, but maybe it will be different this time.
[Reply]
Page 112 of 121
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116 > Last »
Up